[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm using DDO and when I apply a "Top Soot" smart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: topsoot.png (451KB, 1905x1068px) Image search: [Google]
topsoot.png
451KB, 1905x1068px
I'm using DDO and when I apply a "Top Soot" smart material The soot texture applies to the back of the model. Is there a way to reorient the way the smart materials apply or something I'm missing?

I even manually rotated the model 90 degrees and reimported it and got the exact same results. halp
>>
>>562124
Bit of a shitty work around but I'm not a smart man - if you actually edit the mesh and rotate all the polygons together, rather than just rotate the whole mesh (which at first glance would do exactly the same thing visually) you would actually change the way the normals thought they were facing. I don't know what modelling software you're using but if it's max then you can reinforce that by resetting the xforms, and if it's blender you can apply the transformations once you've left edit mode.

Failing that I would just put the soot on myself with a very coarse brush.

Smart soot - sounds fun.
>>
>>562124

Did you provide ddo with all the maps like AO,Curvature, Object space normal map. Thats how the masks are applied.
>>
>>562124
Can you not just rotate the dirt mask with the object space normal? Can you not use the directional map? This is why you use DDO right, for automation? So why not use automation? Give us more details on why the soot will not rotate on the character.
>>
>>562224
Yes

>>562226
I'm just learning DDO, I don't know about any of those options and can't find anything about the issue on Google. I don't know why the soot won't rotate which is why I made this thread.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.