[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help / Advice / Tips thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 5_1(1).webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5_1(1).webm
2MB, 1280x720px
hey 3/brossters I need some advice from you

soo I need some fluid simulations and not only, also sand/etc

which soft do you suggest to learn?
Realflow? or biFrost?

and if you tell me why I'll be very thankfull.

PS: this is some nparticles simulation I did with nParticles in maya
>>
>>560839
no one's willing to help me this time?
:<
>>
>>560846
This board is slow as all fuck. Like 20 people post here tops. Have some patience.
>>
>>560839
You could try those and see if you like them, the only other program I could think of would be Houdini
>>
File: sticky rain preview.jpg (212KB, 1920x1079px) Image search: [Google]
sticky rain preview.jpg
212KB, 1920x1079px
>>560839
learn max.. max can do it all with the help of some plugins.. if you choose max then here is a tutorial to get you started..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac4mL3kYFqc

if you are bent on either maya or real flow. i say maya. bifrost is robust and takes a lot less space to solve than real flow. ive done real flow sims before that could be up to 30gb a frame.. rediculous. bifrost solves in a fraction of the time and a fraction of the space needed. plus its more out of the box ready for you to sim..

and all of that coming from a max guy... lol enjoy brother
>>
>>560908
>learn max.. max can do it all with the help of some plugins..

I don't want to switch to Max, I'm pretty comfortable with with Maya, I really don't want to learn another package which does the same. I'd learn Cinema 4d, with wich I'm also pretty familiar, but I don't have much time to spare for learning ins and outs of a big package.

I was going to learn biFrost, but all I see is big ocean simulations and I really don't care about that.... + I can not find any good tutorials for 2017 bifrost, which is much more robust and changed... on the other hand, realflow is pretty easy to gasp. when I triedit a while back, I was getting some results pretty easily and I had almost none 3d knowledge at that time. + dyverso solver is prety fast.

I'd be happy if someone points me to good 2017 bifrst beginners tutorials
>>
I started purchased Realflow...
and it's so fucking fun!!! and easyto gasp, if you have even basic knowledge of node particle simulations and node system you'll gaspit imediately...
I'll post something today
>>
If you need simulation yeah, go 3dMax, FumeFx, or Houdini.
If you only need to recreate that webm you posted (or better) , then video copilot has a tutorial for After effects.
>>
>>561063
I created that webm in maya with nParticles and I already purchased realflow 10,
>>
>>561126
I don't know nothing about realflow, but hey, post results so we can see.
>>
When using maya 2016 Ex 2 and mental ray Ex 2 I still get a black screen when rendering... I'll check later if my lighting scene is insufficient, but are there any other causes of this? I've seriously been troubleshooting Maya for 2 days now after downloading it. Finally got all my plugins up but this is still stopping me. Any suggestions?
>>
>>561633
have you even switched to mental ray in rendering options?
+ tryi lighting scene with dome light at first . or when you are adding default light pump exposure to 15 k if nothing add another 0 and then you'll dial it down to desirable
>>
>>561643
Yeah i'm definitely on mental ray rendering option, I'll try the light dome, and I have no default scene lighting if thats what you mean. Thanks.
>>
>>561633
>>561678
This is a newbie question and I apologize for that, but I just realized that the geometries I'm using are nParticles, do I have to convert them to a mesh or anything special in order for them to show up in render?
>>
>>561698
DESU I'm also quite noob, but I managed to render these particles with mental rey this final one is redshift though.
change particle shape to spheres and it'll render, I think it's not redering points. and you should have some kind of light, if your default scene light is off. but I meant point light or second one )))
I suck at remembering names

PS: start with something different... just to learn UI first basics of how to rednder, learn some minimal modeling(at least to be able to adjust primitive shapes to your needs) etc..
.why the hell did you started with particles? it's complicated mess.
>>
>>561699
I'm a biochem major and I'm using molecular maya plugin, I screwed around with blender for a couple of months but when I realized maya is free to students and there was a plugin supported by the top biology animators I jumped on it. The problem with redshift is I might be using these animations in publications so the licensing may get tricky. And thank you for the tip to change them to spheres it worked.
>>
>>561704
good to hear.
also Renderman 21 is free. and IMHO it's way better than Mental Rey. it also renders nparticles without problem. there is a youtube channel "Small Robot Studios" he explains renderman very awesomely and very beginner friendly. and he goes into many details,
>>
File: 1493380174321.jpg (198KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1493380174321.jpg
198KB, 900x1200px
Hi guys I hope Im posting this in the right place. So I posted this in /cgl/ and got no replys so I was hoping someone here could help me out. I was hoping I could commission someone to model this Skull head and horns so it could be 3d printed in the future. If you guys happen to know someone I could message or give me a quote Id really appreciate it.
>>
My vocabulary is limited so I don't know how exactly to ask or search this. I want to make textures for a model but all I know is painting with flat colors and that makes the textures look bland. How do I go from left to right in pic related?
>>
File: 21.jpg (6KB, 251x128px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
6KB, 251x128px
>>563356

Forgot pic.
>>
>>562622
I'll do it if you wanna

>>563356
it's called gradient.. you can use one.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.