[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /3/, what do you think of my Ithaca 37? Bully me, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: ithacarender1.png (130KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
ithacarender1.png
130KB, 960x540px
hey /3/, what do you think of my Ithaca 37? Bully me, and bully me good.
>>
File: blender_2017-04-07_18-00-25.png (389KB, 1280x962px) Image search: [Google]
blender_2017-04-07_18-00-25.png
389KB, 1280x962px
>>559665
>>
>>559665
I applaud your ability to create chamfered boxes and cylinders. I now request you learn subdivision proportions properly and then learn how to create materials. Keep it up.
>>
>>559670
>subdivision proportions
elaborate? can't find anything by googling
>create materials
I might give it materials and textures sometimes in the future, this was just modeling practice. I'm a beginner still, but I wanted /3/'s harsh and judgemental opinions because I get off on humiliation.
>>
>>559677
I just meant to sound fancy. What I'm really saying is that your placement of your topology is making your shotgun look like shit, as seen on the trigger guard. If I could recommend a tutorial for you, since you seem to like guns - ChamferZone AK47. CGpeers it or whatever, buy it even, but it would probably assist you in becoming more experienced with asset creation.
>>
>>559665
Also your stock end has pinching, which means your topology is fucked up there.
>>
not bad
>>
>>559665
expend your energy on something more interesting than fucking guns, you neckbeard redneck freak
>>
>>559677
To add to what he said, what he's specifically talking about is either the use of "control loops" (extra edge loops at key spots to combat the blob / rounding effect of subdiv) or, in Blender's case, the use of Crease (Shift + E, then either slide left or right or type in a number from 0 to 1)

The trigger and trigger guard or whatever that part is called (I'm not a gunfag) and other hard surfaces (the sight, maybe the screws) needs more beveling + subdiv. Use the Bevel Modifier (set to Weight) and Edge Weight (ctrl E -> Edge Weight, or set a hotkey for it) with between 2 to 8 Segments (use even numbers otherwise you might get artifacts) and a subdiv of 2 (not always necessary though)

Also, make your own Startup.blend (File -> Save Startup) so you don't have to delete the default cube and adjust your render settings every single time
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.