[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: zzzz.jpg (126KB, 1280x667px) Image search: [Google]
zzzz.jpg
126KB, 1280x667px
so I'm doing Character In zbrush, this is first which I'm doing from top to bottom. and I want to animate it at the end. I'm doing all modeling work in zbrush and Retopo in 3d coat, I also can use maya if I'll need in anything.
the question is how do I unify the mesh? for example (Pic related), I made this kneepad, which consists of several pieces(subtools), I'll combine them as one piece, but won't it kinda get fucked when animating? should I stitch the whole kneepad?

PS: this is the shit you have to deal when you, learn by yourself...
>>
File: zzzz1.jpg (86KB, 848x620px) Image search: [Google]
zzzz1.jpg
86KB, 848x620px
the back side
>>
you don't need to unify anything until the retopology phase.

when you are done with retopology merge all the lowpoly details and keep subtools separate then bake
>>
>>559595
hm..
I've kinda almost done retopo on this part already,

so I should just merge all this, and then bake? and won't it be hard to rig?
or should I retopo all these parts as one mesh?

PS. thank you, for answering, man/lady !
>>
File: z_1.jpg (72KB, 978x768px) Image search: [Google]
z_1.jpg
72KB, 978x768px
>>559597
forgot the picture
>>
>>559597
for the bake you should do 2 things

keep the highpoly parts separate
make the lowpoly mesh merged with UV's. make sure both have smooth normals
if you do it in xnormal its pretty easy to understand.
but you do have an option to merge subtools if you really need to, just scroll down
>>
>>559599
also i recommend exporting your meshes from maya/blender. not from zbrush.

so export from zbrush to maya then from maya export as .obj to xnormal
>>
>>559599
I did not knew that I should smooth High poly too.. TNX
soo and I must explode high poly, yeah?
also, I have not used Xnormal yet, won't marmoset 3 be able to bake? I've done baking with that at some level,

PS: thank you big tme, you've helped a lot !!!
>>
>>559602
marmoset should be able to bake, the thing is i never used marmoset before.

hmm i don't think you need to explode the model because you are keeping the highpoly separate. but if you get any kind of artifacts try to explode it
>>
>>559603
oh.. when you said to keep high polys separate, I thought you were saying to explode them.
I get it, I'm not merging high polys. TY
>>
>>559593

If the low poly will be one consistent piece then you should dynamesh these things together in a duplicated subtool.
>>
>>559613
wut. i always bake with my highpoly seperate with full detail. you just have to export polygroups with both .obj's.
>>
File: Educate-Me,Please.png (982KB, 2230x760px) Image search: [Google]
Educate-Me,Please.png
982KB, 2230x760px
I have one more Question, It's about Smoothing the mesh in maya and then exporting.

[PICTURE RELATED]
1. version is I export OBJ. and it's kinda smoothed(?) it looks jaggy though,
2. version is to apply Somooth mesh Preview to pollygons, wich makes mesh dense. I can use this for baking, and then use baked textures for mesh before subdivision.
[PICTURE RELATRED]

I'm lost tell me the correct way )))
thank you forhelping me, again

PS: there are so many shitty obstacles when you are teaching by yourself... but I really don't have other chance...
>>
>>559700
if your subdivision on level 1 or 2 looks better i suggest you use it, if its subdivided after the UV's are made then you are good to go
>>
File: Zxr.jpg (43KB, 785x702px) Image search: [Google]
Zxr.jpg
43KB, 785x702px
So I'm getting these artifacts when Rendering, If I tone down bump scale lower than 0,5 it dissapears, but then it loses all detail
[PICTURE RELATED]

oh and Is it necessary to Smooth hight poly mesh too, for baking? what's the point?
>>
>>559716
>oh and Is it necessary to Smooth hight poly mesh too, for baking? what's the point?

yes absolutely. the highpoly mesh is projected onto the lowpoly mesh like a picture that's projected on a wall.

there are few things you can do

>lower ray distance to below 0.5
>when exporting both .obj's make sure polygroups are exported. its in the exporting options. this lets the baker project each poly group separately as if you exploded the mesh
>make sure the texture is high resolution. some times jagged edges can simply mean that your texture size is not enough. or your UV island are too small.
>>
TY, you're being very very helpfull
>>
>>559716
Why not just bake in Substance? I personally like the method better than a lot of the older ways.
>>
>>559731
IDK, I'm not familiar with Substance yet. I wasusin Quixel, and for this project I'm going to do handpaint textures, so IDK which software I'm going to use at the end. I'm thinking about 3d coat. I'm gonna research which is the best soft for haindpainting before I start texturing, and as modeling goes it's almost done, just arm guard and weapon left, oh and maybe I'll rework robot leg... I waskinda thinking that weapon could detach from prostetic leg, It'll be cool to animate that

I'm kinda stuck for now anyway. gotta do work projects :/ deadlines are coming close
>>
File: Mammoth.png (90KB, 1190x990px) Image search: [Google]
Mammoth.png
90KB, 1190x990px
How do I delete the vertices that aren't visible without the model becoming distorted? I've tried selecting the outer vertices, hiding them, selecting what's left and deleting that then unhiding the rest. But that's not working.
>>
File: 2017-04-11 05_42_08-Blender.png (44KB, 994x669px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-11 05_42_08-Blender.png
44KB, 994x669px
>>559976
>selecting what's left and deleting that then unhiding the rest. But that's not working.

try this
>>
>>559976
>without the model becoming distorted?
dissolve. not delete
>>
File: Mammoth 2.png (40KB, 605x950px) Image search: [Google]
Mammoth 2.png
40KB, 605x950px
>>559980
I tried this and it still get's disconnected, pic related.
>>559976
Would you mind telling me how you got that page up? I'm still a newb with the controls.
>>
>>559988
then you should only delete loops, not verts
>>
File: Geisha Ocacia.jpg (126KB, 1280x477px) Image search: [Google]
Geisha Ocacia.jpg
126KB, 1280x477px
Why is it that SO GODDAMN MANY 3D artists that do machinery and such come from former Soviet countries? It seems that 90% of the art I see that I like is made by somebody with a Slavic surname. I legitimately don't get it - it feels like some subconscious racial trait that they're all into mechs and machines.
>>
>>560323
Its cultural. Slavs where always good with
science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Which is i think related to their educational system.

video totally related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHH8n37BSDc
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.