[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to rig properly, when model consists of multiple, not connected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Modelson.png (150KB, 951x558px) Image search: [Google]
Modelson.png
150KB, 951x558px
How to rig properly, when model consists of multiple, not connected meshes? How is it done in the industry?

Here I have a model with suit (2 meshes), shirt, head and legs being separate meshes. Should I just redistribute weights in some clever way, or should I somehow connect these meshes/do whatever magic there is possible that I don't know of?
>>
the weights should affect all areas below and above.

if you are having trouble with painting them just move the meshes you don't wanna see to a different layer then bring them back
>>
File: Modelfuckson.jpg (79KB, 1033x475px) Image search: [Google]
Modelfuckson.jpg
79KB, 1033x475px
>>559241

Thanks, I'm doing that and it seems fine.

But how about thinks like picrel? I have placed full weight on the foot and the leg, and leg seems to rotate with less degree, especially it's bottom, while it's weight is full. Do I fix this with bone constraints, or this shows there's something wrong with the model?
>>
>>559251

nvm, got it. Other bone was also influencing the pants. I thought I checked it all, but I didn't.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1491493437855.jpg (18KB, 498x519px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491493437855.jpg
18KB, 498x519px
I just wanted to share this
>>
>>559381

"Ever wonder what the bottom of an avatar's shoe looks like? WELL BAM!"
>>
>>559381
Ayyy you're from Bioware, right?
>>
>>559239
If you have a body mesh, and a clothes mesh very close to the surface of the body, unless the verts align 1-1 you will never be able to rig it without clipping. Industry standard is to delete the parts of the body that are hidden by clothes.
>>
>>559535
Or in some cases to make the geometry invisible.
>>
>>559381
Jfc how many boards do you fuckin surf man?
>>
>>559539
More like swap geometry.
>>
File: 1489581010298.png (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1489581010298.png
8KB, 205x246px
>>559645
A lot
>>
>>559381
Isn't that the C4D primitive guy?
>>
>>559697
Me too man...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.