[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are you not procedurally generating all of your textures anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: hdsmugpepe.jpg (1MB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
hdsmugpepe.jpg
1MB, 4500x4334px
Why are you not procedurally generating all of your textures anon?
>>
>>558139
I am :^)
>>
There's some advantages to photo textures, namely speed. If you can get a decent normal/roughness map out of a photo it can help you cut corners to get things done faster, the tradeoff being lack of customization/reusability, and shittiness of normal mapping generation for certain photo texture types.

Personally, however, I've been having a lot of fun with SD and use it whenever I have the chance.
>>
The procedure I use is to paint manually, in Quixel and PS. Whatever works, right?
>>
as much as people love using procedural. nothing looks good as photo textures.

you have artists that make realistic planks in substance designer but that's like the top 10% of all texture artists in the world. this is why archviz still heavily relies on photo textures to achieve photo realism
>>
>>558143
>nothing looks good as photo textures.
photo textures mean you have zero imagination and should basically give up and change careers.
>>
>>558144
you should give up and change diapers
>>
>>558145
2/10
>>
>>558149
>i can't take a straight jab every once in a while
comes with the job
>>
>>558150

This field of work is pretty depressing, huh?
>>
>>558151
no, its only gonna get better once you axe your own internet cable
>>
>>558152
you can't outrun the truth
>>
>>558153
what truth? can you makes textures in designer? and if so how good they are gonna be? care to show an example?
since you pirate everything and have all this free time, shouldn't you be an expert by now?
>>
>>558156
>what truth?

>photo textures mean you have zero imagination and should basically give up and change careers.
>>
>>558158
the only truth here is that you're a smelly beaner with no ambitions
>>
>>558143
Or you can not be autistic and mix photos into your procedural textures.
Also
Implying I am not in the "top 10%"
Git gud kiddo
>>
>>558317
i don't like having generic textures in my scene, so i try to mix it up and add stuff to it.

but after iv seen some materials from infitiny ward artists i kind of want that quality.
>LELE KIDDO XDD
there are only 5-6 artists here that are worth a shit. i take it that none of them actually have time to make these type of comments
>>
>>558139
Great for stylized or pseudo-realistic materials, but for pure realism the best is creating textures from actual photographs. The downside is you have to buy equipment and plane tickets to said places to make those photos.
>>
>>558334
Do you mean for film? Because SD textures are perfectly suitable for "realistic" games, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some were used for movies as well.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.