[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck do I reach this autism level?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: t3d1w.png (410KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
t3d1w.png
410KB, 720x600px
how the fuck do I reach this autism level?
>>
Watch anime
>>
>>556336
shaders
>>
you need drive

the rendering work here is insane, and that's not taking away from the great model
>>
>>556336
3ds max with the PENCIL+ plugin.
This specific plugin is, once again, unavailable to mortals.
>>
please teach me how to make this, senpai
>>
>>556336
seismic makes some good shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK8tHh_wI9Y
>>
>>556418
>mother fucker's got a pet eel
>>
>>556356

>talking shit about Di Gi charat
>>
>>556418
Can't believe he did that masterpiece in 3ds Max
>>
Download the pencil+ shader
>>
File: Capture.png (91KB, 484x639px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
91KB, 484x639px
Seismic was just in this thread. You guys should say more nice things about him.
>>
Found some stuff on the web. http://www.mclelun.com/2015/10/blender3d-anime-style-background-art.html

It's a pretty interesting problem. How to make 3D cartoons look good.
>>
>>556336
look up those shaders to get a general idea:
clamp or ramp shader - for the general lighting
anisotropic shader - for the hair lighting
comic or outline shader - for the outline
unlit shader - for the eyes

There is also an interesting talk from the makers of guilty gear xrd, who present how their anime shader works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhGjCzxJV3E
>>
>>559261
>the uv wizardry for inner lines
holy shit
>>
>>559261
Fuggggg. This is probably the first time cell shading has ever looked appealing to me.
>>
>>559320
They did that for the most recent Guilty Gear game too iirc.
>>
>>559320
>>559334
>>559848

It's a fucking ton of work and boils down to "tweak every frame"

Kinda ironic that the way you make "bad 3d" match "good 2d" is to essentially reduce the perfect output of 3d by introducing errors that mimic the mistakes that come from hand drawing
>>
>>559854
You aren't mimicking errors, you are mimicking the control the artist had. A simple cel shader is going to give you a bunch of unwanted crap, an artist's job is to mitigate the unwanted crap by cheating.
>>
>>559854
It's more work than using standard animations or motion cap, but still on a reasonable level.
Anime and many jap 2d games change the sprite/drawing 8-12 frames per second, everything between is ghosting frames, so they do the same here, 8-12 3d character poses per second. I don't think it's much more work than drawing frames in 2d, but the upside to 3d is that you can change camera directions and have more lighting options and other advantages that come with 3d.
>>
Since Guilty Gear was mentioned, here's some duder showing off some special material in UE4 that tries to mimick what they did in the games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2jXe72x14U

Thought the thread might find it interesting.
>>
File: what the fuck dude.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck dude.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>559877
It's honestly slightly less work than regular 3D animation to animate the way they did. It's just a different way of animating.
Not trying to downplay what they did. I have never seen a 3D anything look so incredibly convincing.
The fact that it's in realtime is also ridiculous.

But you skip like half of the 3D animation process if you choose not to enter spline, which is undoubtedly what they did.
It's slightly more keyframes, but the fact that you don't have to spend hours or days tweaking your curves is incredible.
They just animated in stepped, made sure their poses were VERY good, and it's a done deal.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.