[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let Maya batch render an animation I made overnight and it fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: received_10211152385477377.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
received_10211152385477377.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Let Maya batch render an animation I made overnight and it fucked up the textures on every frame. Can we have a Maya frustration thread?
>>
>>556306
your highlights look blown out and your spec plasticky. You suck at this, hope youre not trying to become pro
>>
>>556307
Lol I love how harsh this community is.

I know the highlights are bad; I rendered to tiffs (they were purposely underexposed) and quickly made adjustments to a frame in Photoshop. I'm not trying to impress anyone here I just wanted to show the Maya glitch.

Also I'm not a modeler, I'm a CS student trying to build up skills in Maya scripting. Those aren't even my models I just got free ones online.

Have a nice day
>>
>>556307
I might post my scripting demo reel when I finish it next week so you guys can shit one it/give feedback
>>
>>556315
a week wont do you any good
>>
>>556335
I've been working on the reel for the past 2 months. It's due in a week and shows off different scripts I made in Python.

Can't wait for someone to tell me my entire reel will be shit based on this one render
>>
File: 89e.gif (254KB, 600x762px) Image search: [Google]
89e.gif
254KB, 600x762px
>>556338
>Python
>scripting reel

at least try to do something useful like make plugins with the maya c++ api
>>
>>556313
>Lol I love how harsh this community is.

This isn't a community, we just happen to congregate together to model ducks together.

Hope I was able to elucidate you on your amateur mistake.
>>
>>556338
looking forward to your reel op. i've been kinda forced to work with python scripting for maya since a lot of my favourite scripts were outdated, maya changed so much from 2016 to 2017 in with pyside2 and other stuff.
>>
>>556340
I chose python scripting because a Dreamworks TD and a manager there told me they really value Python scripting experience and they wanted to see a portfolio or demo reel of scripting work.

I want to dive into the maya api for plugins but I find most particle stuff and rigging tools I want to make can be done with python and MEL. Also as a sidenote the documentation for maya's python api is fucking awful
>>
>>556352
Cool to hear about other people working with scripting. Most of my frustration comes from working with MEL legacy code. Some of the MEL scripts Maya uses are literally 20 years old it's kind of horrifying.

Also if anyone is trying to jump in to Maya scripting I recommend looking into MASH with Python. You can do so much more in Maya with it.
>>
>>556354
one thing i'd recommend with your reel is making sure you show your scripts /actually being used/ in a project, recruiters don't care so much for 'here's some stuff i automated' if it doesn't show it actually being useful in production.

also interested in your reel OP, join /3/ discord if you want to talk about maya scripting etc
>>
>>556354
ya your totally gonna kill em at dreamworks with your python scripting XD

c u on Despicable Me 4 OP
>>
>>556363
Thanks for the tips. A bit part of my work has been towards making useable UI's and making my plugins flexible for different situations in an actual pipeline. I'm still definitely a newb though. We'll see if it actually works out
>>
>>556371
(it wont)
>>
>>556366
>>556377

go back to modelling ur guns in blender :))
>>
>>556378
xD xD
>>
>>556313
>community

hahahaha, yeah we even know each other's nick names
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.