[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

artwork

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

File: Summer is Coming.jpg (2MB, 1408x1680px) Image search: [Google]
Summer is Coming.jpg
2MB, 1408x1680px
Here's a thing I made in Blender and Zbrush. enjoy :)
>>
nice work.
link to work?
>>
>filename
>>
>>555275
fürwahr, aber anon glaubt dass das gesicht selbst noch etwas holziger sein könnte und nicht so glatt
>>
>>555275
Pretty damn cool, is the grass done with fibermesh?
>>
>>555275
you needed to make separate thread about it?

BTW looks awesome ) I love it
>>
>>555275
have you been also unable to produce a working greyscale displacement map for blender inside zbrush and had to go with normal map instead?
>>
>>555275
Do you want us to suck you off, or just jerk you off?
>>
>>555303
What you need is some napkins, you angsty crybaby
>>
>>555275
textures look a bit low res. Also, if only you went for a more realistic look, this image would look marginally better.
>>
>>555275
I like everything but the base bark texture. It seems weirdly low-res, reacts to the light/shadow like shit, and ends up muddying all of your features. Wish it would look as crisp as the moss, and conform to the guy's face a bit better.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170313-171546.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170313-171546.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>555275
The axons are right. His nose seems to look weird cuz of the lowrez bark. That is one example.
>>
File: 703x935.jpg (128KB, 703x935px) Image search: [Google]
703x935.jpg
128KB, 703x935px
>>555275
What happened, did you run out of blender fanboys to kiss you ass?
And this model you made reminds me of a more stylized, worse version of this one
>>
>>555317
ca, no presentation, no textures
>>
>>555317
You guys are most likely getting baited by a larper pretending to be RC. Until proof is given he's a worthless retard posing as a professional.
>>
I think you're better off sculpting your own wood forms than using those shitty wood textures.
You're also lacking SSS samples for those fungi.
The eyes look really undefined. There needs to be more contrast or something.
The mouth and cheeks/jaw are really lacking in any definition. You should maintain the level of definition you have in the nose / 'hair' and apply it to the rest of the face.
>>
File: rico-cilliers-final.jpg (720KB, 1728x2400px) Image search: [Google]
rico-cilliers-final.jpg
720KB, 1728x2400px
>>555353
>implying RC is a professional
He just took advantage of the easily impressed Blender community to create his own fan base and so he keeps himself visible on artstation and so on.
He's a hack, just like Zacharias Reinhard and Andrew Price or that dude that puts philosophical names on renders of a single chair and calls it art(Reynante Martinez?) although I must admit he's work is better than that of those, but ultimately still a hack.
Pic related, his "professional" work which is so professional I want to gauge my eyes out every time i see it.
>>
>>555376
julien kasper and max puliero are the only blender artists i look up, george turmanidze is up there too.

the artists you listed are not bad, they are actually good but not good enough to qualify as character artists, however they are not far away, and yeah blender community is weird in that sense.
also my favorite blender modeler is donnie oliver, however i never seen him on any blender community, weird how this world works
>>
>>555376
Still, he's in the industry. I'm sure he makes money off the Blender community. That being said OP is just a faker anyway.
>>
>>555378
Yes, Kasper is a good artist. I also like Manuel Peter, Nazar Noschenko and Gleb Alexandrov.
>>
>>555303
>>555317
>>555376
>>555379

Im saving these comments to my notepad of bitter /3/ posters. You wonder why no good artists post to /3/? its posts just like these.
>>
>>555422
Larping is not the same as professionals and I already called the actual artist good. Your stupidity is astounding.
>>
>>555422
hahaha, you are soo right.. I have not seen anything even remotely good or normal posted and didn't get attacked immediately, "look at"x" object/reference, your anatomy is not right.."
what is the problem of these guys, when they see someone better then them, thei immediately think: "he's not the best anyway, so fuck him~!!!"
>>
>>555426
there is literally 1 bitter poster here. it might seem like there are dozens because he comment on everything
>>
>>555426
Thats what Im talking about. Ive been on and off /3/ since 2012 and NONE of my favorite artists from back then have stayed on. I dont blame them with the retards above me.
>>
>>555471
probably just means you have shit taste. alioto is still around
>>
>>555422
This post is just the dude begging for attention. He probably posted here thinking we'd be the same as where he usually posts and just drool over a render of a treeman.

I'm not debating the quality of it, because it's definitely better than half the shit people post here, but the motive is fucking clear he just wanted us to lick his asshole.
>>
File: seppuku.jpg (41KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
seppuku.jpg
41KB, 320x480px
>>555484
Or it's just bait.
Which I'm starting to believe now that I look over it again.

>Summer is Coming.jpg
>Here's a thing I made in Blender and Zbrush. enjoy :)

Yeah, I took the b8 m8s.

Brb guys.
>>
>>555484
maybe it is anons first render, and it looks great imo.

so much hate, why o why.
>>
>>555484
yeah??? What else are you gonna do with a finished render you thick fuck? Are we supposed to put them on our harddrives and never show them to anyone because some sensitive anon might think we're trying to show off?

Tell me what else you can do with a finished render aside from show it to people.
>>
>>555478

/3/ contracted alioto way after 2012.
>>
>>555495
rbg probably still posts. just without a trip
>>
>>555494
This isn't really the place for it though. It's not Reddit.

You don't ever see people posting finished work here in new threads. Scroll down the catalogue and there's none. You do see it from time to time, but for the most part it's usually newfags that are making their first post (hence the filename I'm guessing).

I agree that there's nowhere to really post shit like this, save for the WiP thread, but a post like this makes it seem like the person doesn't frequent the board, and just posted here for attention.

Granted, at this point I realize it's bait, and I realize the error of my ways.
I'm surprised he didn't brag about it taking only 15 mins, but I guess that'd make it too obvious.
>>
>>555484
you people don't get it. there is 1 fucker that's replying to himself and tricks people on purpose. everyone knows him by name but since we live in a world where people are too much of a pussies to hit the ban button this place looks the way it looks now
>>
>>555376
>>555378

You guys don't like Gleb? Reinhard and Price aren't bad but their real skill is teaching
>>
>>555519
Reinhard gives his own friends prizes for the weeklycg contest. many times iv seen this.
>>
>>555522

That's a shame, but his tutorials are good
>>
File: 2017-03-15_11-43-08.png (1MB, 1210x791px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-15_11-43-08.png
1MB, 1210x791px
>>555485
Mate that's actually the name RC gave his artwork- "Summer is coming". Check it out on Artstation.
I actually believe this is not a bait thread and the guy posted here to get some attention and if he did post for attention then imo he deserves all the shit he got in this thread. This is /3 after all, not reddit
>>
File: chuansong2.jpg (57KB, 550x1037px) Image search: [Google]
chuansong2.jpg
57KB, 550x1037px
>>555528
Not him, but what is /3/ for, then? People could ask him questions and learn something.
Yeah, I agree with the point that fishing for likes sucks, but /3/ takes it to a point where we will criticize any and all work posted here like a complete shit. The exception being anime-style work.

Anyway, all I'm saying is extreme cynicism fucks your chances to git gud at this and fucks the community. The same goes for the circle jerk that is Reddit, that's the opposite extreme.
>>
>>555657
woo. who's model is this?

on the toppic, I kinda want some internet community, because I only come here... and IDK here just is not the community where someone will help you, and I don't know where else to post, any suggestions? I kinda don't want to go on reddit IDK why (never been there though )
>>
>>555528
>welcome to /3/, where we talk about making 3d projects but never post them.
>>
>>555657
Not him but you're being naive as /3/ is mostly just a place to get criticism and for fun meme threads about ducks and boxes. There is no true reward for posting here when you can just get recognition on Polycount and Artstation and gain 1000x more fame than you ever would here. My coworkers come here often but you don't visit /3/ to become famous, you visit it because it's a click away from the 4chan mentality and because you like 3D Art. The cynicism is warranted right now as it's just an autist posting a five month old render and trolling.
>>
>>555688
>fame
>anonymous board where you dont even have to register
anon...
>>
>>555689
The only time he mentioned fame is
> My coworkers come here often but you don't visit /3/ to become famous

Why are you saying 'anon..." as if you didn't just agree with him?
>>
>>555691
if you read closely, he mentioned fame 2x.
>>
>>555657
>Not him, but what is /3/ for, then?

Brutally honest criticism
>>
>>555689
>>555694

>There is no true reward for posting here when you can just get recognition on Polycount and Artstation and gain 1000x more fame than you ever would here.

Please don't post here if you aren't a primary english speaker.
>>
>>555696
but most of /3/ sucks ass. the quality of the crits you receive will usually be pretty poor
>>
>>555275
Nice composition and the moss looks nice
but the wood surface detail needs a lot of work, its too uniform and noisy,, dosnt look like bark at all, looks like bark sampled repeated and scaled badly
there is a disturbing lack of mid level detail which makes the smaller forms overwhelm the large ones, makes most body features look lost with that awkward nose standing out bit much
>>
>>555696
>Brutally honest criticism
You are stupid if you believe this.
Its mostly for trolling people, most retards here lack any 3d related knowledge to give out criticism yet alone even judge 3d work on any field,

This in turn makes giving out proper crits even harder as they will get drown in a flood of shit, this is why the board dies every time it gains any activity. Half the people here should be banned on sight to make anything of this board.
>>
>>555696
While true, it's unfortunate that most of /3/ users suck so the criticism would neither be right, nor on point.
>>
>>555710
You think that in any other place like 10k hours or whatever all the criticism you get is on point? You get maybe one or two good advice that is usually sugarcoated to hell and the rest is either people kissing your ass or people who have no idea what they are talking about.
>>
>>555719
>COME HERE IF YOU WANT SUM TOUGH LOVE

yeah sure, people that usually accommodate this place have mentality of 5yr olds and didn't model nearly enough to give good advice.
if you think that saying "it looks like shit" is some kind of heroic tough love then im sorry to break it to you this community is a piece of trash and could never reach the levels of /ic/ because of the losers and virgins that are waiting for someone to post something imperfect just to fuck with them.
>>
>>555723
Saying "It looks like shit" is more beneficial than saying "This looks great, you're doing great!" just so you won't hurt someones feelings. Sure most people here are dicks and have shitty attitude but I prefer it over the circle jerking that usually happens in most communities.
>>
>>555724
not my experience. maybe you directly didn't ask for advice but i received great advice from people at various forums. the reason you won't do the same is because you prefer having mediocre people breaking down your work
>>
File: 1480151846445.jpg (43KB, 461x346px) Image search: [Google]
1480151846445.jpg
43KB, 461x346px
>>555726
>mediocre people breaking down your work
>muh superiority is so superior that only superior people can dare criticize my superior work.
Have fun never improving, new-friend
>>
>>555727
yeah some people are superior to pisces of shit like you, deal with it
>>
>>555728
I'm actually a Sagittarius
>>
>>555724
>Saying "It looks like shit" is more beneficial than saying "This looks great, you're doing great!"
sure, being honest is better than lying.
but "it looks like shit" is fucking pointless unless you give actual reasons why it looks like shit.
"it's shit" is not constructive criticism. It's hardly even criticism by any rudimentary definition of the word

no one is expecting a hugbox when coming on 4chan. you can be an asshole all you want when giving criticism, but "it's shit" comments are just useless.
>>
File: 1485949888522.jpg (156KB, 494x531px) Image search: [Google]
1485949888522.jpg
156KB, 494x531px
>>555734
This.
>>
>>555734
Just have a look around and see how many of the criticism around here falls into the "It looks like shit" category. You will see that most people give actually valid cc and the amount of people that say just "it looks like shit" is pretty damn small.
I post every now and again on the discord group and never have I gotten only "it's shit" criticism. Actually some time ago when I needed feedback on a likeness I was working on I got pretty damn good input
>>
>>555734
I'm mostly in agreement with what you're saying, but I don't feel that "it looks like shit" comments are 100% useless.

Sometimes the artist or the critic can't quite put their finger on why something looks off, wrong, bad, etc. despite knowing that it's definitely not right. By stating "it looks like shit" a poster is adding a vote to the column of "it needs to be fixed" in opposition to "it's fine, leave it the way it is."

That might not seem particularly valuable, and sometimes it's not, but if you've been staring at a project for weeks on end, you sometimes can't figure out what looks good and what doesn't anymore. Having several people look at it with fresh eyes and say "it's bad" can confirm your fears and force you to keep working, even if they haven't provided more detailed critique.
>>
>>555738
are you serious? if you can't articulate the problem in detail then at least try to be constructive
>>
File: 1488422887486.jpg (205KB, 718x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488422887486.jpg
205KB, 718x1000px
>>555275
OP is pretending to be Rico Cilliers.
original artwork here: http://squareyes.co.za/gallery-4/
We want a wireframe in a different angle of the mesh, or this may be considered a break of the board rule (posting work that´s not yours and claiming as such).
>>
>>555741
>http://squareyes.co.za/gallery-4/
IDK he's not bad I think, but his style is like opposite why I started 3d and love "art" in general, so for me it looks ike shit and nothing special, it's the most basic attemt to carricature, and I hate carricature, I'm not saying he's bad, he's just not my stile, (I love stylized stuff, but I hate carricatures)

+ >>555696
hahahahaha, you are fucking dumb
>>
>>555275
lookslike a wood elf took a shit on his face and now hes mad, wtf is wrong with the texture quality
dont post ever here again you are shame
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.