[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Doing modelling work for college task >Gets to UV mapping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: giphy.gif (456KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
456KB, 600x573px
>Doing modelling work for college task
>Gets to UV mapping
>Selects unfold in May's UV editor
>Crashes, I lose nearly 3 hours of work because I'm a retard and forgot to save.

Why do I still use Maya when it keeps crashing at inconvenient moments?
>>
>doesn't save for THREE consecutive hours
>somehow this is the program's fault
maya doesn't usually crash for me unless i'm doing something stupid, but i save often so it doesn't even matter.

Increment and save every 10 minutes or for every major change you make. Or just set up auto-save if you want to be lazy.
>>
>>554818

>UVs in Maya
>No incremental saving

You asked for this, you deserve this
>>
>>554818

Doesn't it autobackup like max.
>>
>>554829
Not if you haven't enabled autobackup. However it will save a recovery file to temp folder which will open with no data loss 90% of the time.
The few times i've recovered a file this way and it has lost data, the loss has been broken connections to shaders or anim curves. i.e nothing difficult to fix.
>>
>>554829
Default for Maya is no auto backup, so newfags who haven't set their Maya prefs end up losing work.

>>554818
Every intro Maya tutorial tells you about autosave people if you don't have it enabled it's your own fucking fault
>>
>>554818

Lol, this reminds.

>Class is doing modeling work.
>About 2 hrs in, everyone has a decent amount of work done.
>Instructor walks behind one of the computers at the front of the class and end of the first row.
>"Everyone remember to save."
>Proceeds to trip over main power cord.
>Screens black out, nobody gets their shit back cause of Deep Freeze.
>My sides
>>
File: maya_2017-03-10_18-25-16.png (7KB, 501x120px) Image search: [Google]
maya_2017-03-10_18-25-16.png
7KB, 501x120px
>>554874
>>554821

Not the OP, but as a fellow purveyor of the student version of Maya, it can be maddening to have this fucker pop up in your face every 15 minutes (sometimes less depending on how paranoid you are), taking you out of the tool and state-of-mind of whatever you were doing.

Yeah, it's first-world-problems and better than losing work, but still a very annoying occurrence. I wish there was a button I could just check in one of the menus to say "Yes Maya, I am a student, I understand I can't commercialize the work I am doing on this version of the software, please don't bother me with save dialogues anymore.".

I have gotten so sick of it that I've just gotten on the mindset of manually saving every few steps just so I don't have that dumb pop-up jumpscare me constantly.
>>
You deserve this
>>
how hard is it to press ctrl+s ?
>>
>>554895
There's an autohotkey script floating around out there that clicks those as soon as they pop up.
>>
That's silly that auto save isn't enabled by default
>>
>>554818

1. Bigger question is why does Maya not have auto-backup enabled by default like every other fucking piece of 3D software these days.

2. Even bigger question is why you haven't enabled auto-backup.

3. You deserved to lose your work because a) you won't fucking make this mistake again and b) you'll make whatever you were working on better the second time around.
>>
>>554895
>>554927

Just fucking get a crack for crying out loud.
>>
>>554997
Why? I already have the full version installed, no strings attached besides this.

I may be autistic but not autistic enough to re-download the whole program just to get rid of a textbox.

>>554927
You tease, anon. You could at least take me out to dinner before you fuck me like this.
>>
>>555018

I didn't say 're-download the program' I said get a crack, retard.
Just checked the folder containing the crack I used and it's a whopping 749kb - is that gonna eat up too much of your bandwidth?
>>
>>555019
I don't want to put that shit on my computer. I can't trust where it comes from.
>>
>>555019

God damn... you're getting this worked up over someone not wanting to use a crack to get rid of one text box? Hmm
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.