[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/3/ plz tell me how to make this look better, appart from the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

File: didgechillinger.png (135KB, 1429x805px) Image search: [Google]
didgechillinger.png
135KB, 1429x805px
/3/ plz tell me how to make this look better, appart from the obvious what am I missing?
Its based off an early 70's dodge challenger.
>>
Create smooth shapes using a subdivision modifier instead of only beveling.

Look up an intro to subdivision modelling.
>>
File: subs.png (184KB, 1717x764px) Image search: [Google]
subs.png
184KB, 1717x764px
that is using subdivision
>>
>>553497
jesus christ.
>>
>>553497
>>
File: dide.png (86KB, 1696x710px) Image search: [Google]
dide.png
86KB, 1696x710px
>>553499
yes how could i improve it though?
(unsubdivied mesh)
>>
>>553501

The sides are too flat and the wheel arches have no detail. Start there.
>>
>>553501
have you ever seen a car?
>>
File: yes.png (769KB, 1686x698px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
769KB, 1686x698px
>>553503
yes i have and this is what im modeling off
>>
>>553501
The bevels you added to everything negates the subdivision. They add edges that reinforce your sharp edges on the hood which prevents subdivision from smoothing the shape.

>>
>>553506
To expand on what he said, two edge loops really close together = hard edge. If you want the top of your hood to be smooth, all those edges should have an even space between them. Same for the wheel arches.
>>
>>553504
Do you think pic linked looks like your 'car'?
>>
>>553574
yes
>>
>>553501

Dont use support loops yet. Use creasing or smoothing groups or opensubdiv edge weighting.

Once you get the shape subdivide for real and thendo the support loops or bevels if you want. If you add details without having enough topology to hold the shape the details will disturb the smooth modifier.
>>
File: 1488341702360.png (589KB, 1686x698px) Image search: [Google]
1488341702360.png
589KB, 1686x698px
>>553504
first this only to get the door rigth, the reference is horrible, try another color
>>
>>553576
It's amazing that your able to 3D model, do you have to use some special software to help you, or like a cool animal that guides you? I guess I always thaught certain jobs just coun't be done if you have a disability. May I ask, how blind exactly are you?
>>
>>553620
Is that why you can't 3D model, because of your inability to learn English?
>>
>>553622
Sick burn mate, expect it makes no sense and you have no basis to judge my skill, where I have a plethora of images on this thread showing me just how well you can model.
>>
>>553484
Did you select 'Shade Smooth'? You need to do that.

Stop beveling stuff with ctrl B, use the Bevel Modifier and the 'Bevel Edge Weights' setting, you can even use vertex groups for extremely fine control and multiple Bevel modifiers

You also need to use more than 2 segments when you Bevel (whether Modifier or Ctrl B), like 4 or 6 (needs to be an even number, odd numbers tend to create pointy spots that don't look good), you also need to tweak the Width and Profile settings.

Also, sometimes you're going to want to use Shift E on edges to control how Subdiv works; sometimes you want an edge to be very hard or to stop a weird shape (such as a semi-circle or circle) from forming where you've cut out say a square door shape or window or something

Additionally, you may need to use up to 4 levels of subdiv (but probably not higher than that), unfortunately I don't know of any good way to specify individual levels of subdiv besides Separating parts of your model (which isn't a bad idea anyway).

If you look at your ref, you'll see that while there are lots of beveled edges, there is also lots of smooth transitions between elevations. This is achieved by having SOME edges Beveled, and surrounding edges UNBEVELED, or even specifying different widths / profiles for those edges

Best Regards OP, sorry for all the meme answers in this thread
>>
>>553624

The part where you didn't post any of your own images lets know you can't actually model for shit and are likely from Australia
>>
File: shot 3.jpg (744KB, 1280x2188px) Image search: [Google]
shot 3.jpg
744KB, 1280x2188px
>>553630
You don't need to be a director to know if a film is shit. But by all means criticise my current project.
>>
>>553675
That road is well too wide for it to be a single lane.
>>
>>553688
Simple fix, thanks.
>>
>>553675
nothing of it looks real but the material you use for the lamps, lightning is also very unrealistic.
>>
>>553675
Got that PS1 FMV vibe but with too much detail, which is what makes it weird for me.
>>
>>553694
I'm not perticuler going for a realistic vibe too much work, lighting is very easy to make so it tends to look more real.

>>553697
It's probably the simplicity of the textures, no rust, dirt that sort of thing.
>>
Seems like those GTA series cars from 2001-2006 games
>>
File: 1487980190991.gif (228KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487980190991.gif
228KB, 480x480px
>>553675

Everything is a little too clean for a busy street and the materials on the buildings are awful. Some of the models are details are good though, definitely a wip but has potential
>>
Round the sides out so that they stick out by a small bit.
>>
>>553501
Reference.
>>
>>553484
This is part of why people consider Blender bad, because you get arrogant morons like this making its community look like shit. Stop being retarded and swallow your pride. I suggest taking a really long look at your mesh so you can notice large differences in the shapes compared to your references.
>>
>>553733
>What the hell is this animation supposed to be?
>>553895
Also this. Same shit happens with DeviantArt which is part of what makes it absolute cancer. Everybody just sucks each others and their own dicks and any legitimate criticism is dismissed as hate or trolling.
>>
>>553899

Trash dove anime style
>>
File: interstate-76_intro_2.jpg (77KB, 953x525px) Image search: [Google]
interstate-76_intro_2.jpg
77KB, 953x525px
>>553484
>>
>>553895
>>553899
>arrogant
>OP asks for feedback

The only thing he's guilty of is being a beginner, getting baited by a memester, and having a relatively poor grasp of english.

Telling a beginner to "take a long look at your mesh" is worthless, they have no experience, no frame of reference.
Telling them "get more reference images, look at other models, improve your general understanding of modeling (in particular subdiv box modeling), etc" as has been said in this thread is actually how you make noobs be less noob.

By no means is OP arrogant.
>>
File: car3.jpg (58KB, 1248x702px) Image search: [Google]
car3.jpg
58KB, 1248x702px
I'm working on car model my self... It not going too well.
>>
>>555530
I swear you can spot a Blender render a mile away. is cycles just that shit or are 99% of Blender users too retarded to watch a tutorial on how to set up their renderer?
>>
>>555564
When I'm finished with it I'll install filmic blender and render it,
Fuck off, Geoff.
>>
>>555564
just curious: which aspects of this render are you scoffing at?
>>
>>555564
that's because default cycles shaders are crap. this is why you have andrew price and alikes building custom shaders.
>>
File: car1.png (503KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
car1.png
503KB, 960x540px
Started a new model, much better than the red car.
>>
File: car1.png (870KB, 1132x637px) Image search: [Google]
car1.png
870KB, 1132x637px
>>555641
>>
>>553620
I giggled
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.