[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

animating geometric figurs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: shooter2.blend.png (105KB, 1350x689px) Image search: [Google]
shooter2.blend.png
105KB, 1350x689px
Why cant i animate a figure made from normal geometric shapes e.g. rectangles, squares. icospheres etc.

I'm a N00b using Blender and I joined all the shapes together and put the armatures in but I didn't use the metaballs I made a stick figure

Is it possible to do this and if not, please explain why not so I can grasp the concept of "why I shouldn't don't do that again"
>>
at least in 3DS Max, you can assign separated objects as "childs" and "parents" (ie fingers would be children of the hand, hand a child of the arm...) assigning joint types between them. I believe similar thing should be possible in Blender too. Doubt you need any skeletons nor skin modifiers for such mechanical animation.

YT is your friend.
>>
it is possible

parent every separate object to the single bone, you want to move it with. You can even parent single points to a bone and move it with the bone. What you cannot this way is to "paint" bone-influence for different bones.
Another way, combine your seperate objects into one object and parent this to the armature and do the setting (painting) of the influence for every wanted bone for the movement.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.