[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time sculpting ever, would like some feedback. This model

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: gob2.png (341KB, 856x753px) Image search: [Google]
gob2.png
341KB, 856x753px
First time sculpting ever, would like some feedback. This model looks wrong in some way but I can't pinpoint the problem other than the symmetry.

Was attempting a goblin from grimagr of fantasy, and used a previous model made by someone else as reference
>>
File: gob1.png (514KB, 899x415px) Image search: [Google]
gob1.png
514KB, 899x415px
Another image. Is meant to be a game asset eventually.

Also, what's the legality of using anime/other people's work as reference?
>>
there is no 1 technique i could advise you to use. just keep sculpting.
or even better yet.
keep sculpting the same figure over and over and compare the first week figure to last's week.
also try to work with the lowpoly mesh much as possible. if its not the shape you want, simply don't subdivide it just keep working and working.
>>
>>551489
oh and you could possibly speed up your workflow by using things like snakehook,flatten,inflate etc. however you could do wonders with just the simple brush. its all up to you
>>
>>551489

Thanks. I don't really understand how the subdividing work when used with dynamesh. I thought dynamesh should auto add geometry if you raise the resolution, however I have to ctrl+d to subdivide to actually get the extra geometry and then raise dynamesh resolution.

Kinda confusing
>>
File: ___3.png (555KB, 1035x853px) Image search: [Google]
___3.png
555KB, 1035x853px
Also started work on this about 40 mins ago. Maybe I'll do what you said and recreate the goblin, maybe even time myself
>>
>>551491
you get the idea of dynamesh
its generally gives you a low resolution mesh so you can tweak easily.
subdividing is for detailing when u are done shaping
>>
>>551493
that's a really difficult shape in my opinion
can u try something more simple and straight forward?
>>
>>551488
>Also, what's the legality of using anime/other people's work as reference?
I don't see why that would be illegal. Everyone uses reference.
>>
File: __2.png (304KB, 610x563px) Image search: [Google]
__2.png
304KB, 610x563px
>>551495

Any suggestions?

>>551498

Yeah but I suppose I'd have to tweak the original enough to not have people notice?

Also made quick helm just to see. Plan is to make a fantasy survival game, all the programming is done just need assets now
>>
>>551503
try something like this
>>
File: ___4.png (498KB, 1117x945px) Image search: [Google]
___4.png
498KB, 1117x945px
>>551510

That actually looks tougher for me.. I'll give it a shot, refined this one a bit more but am getting bored of it
>>
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8Rgz6
based off this guy?
>>
>>551527

yeah
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.