[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to add cheapo jiggle physics to a character,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-02-10-13-55-15.png (633KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-10-13-55-15.png
633KB, 1920x1080px
I'm trying to add cheapo jiggle physics to a character, avoiding a soft body sim because it's computationally expensive and doesn't allow for hair collision. I found https://youtu.be/yCnkrTTYtn4 and it works for my purposes, but I couldn't figure out how to constrain the outer box's movement to the bone movement of the character. I finally added it to the rig, and this works too, but the inner cube now only reacts to the original location of the outer cube, as if it weren't part of the rig. Is there a way to "bake" rigged movement to an object so that you can separate it from the rig and still have it move in the same way as when it was rigged (of course, without being able to change that movement)?
>>
i don't understand what u are tring u do.
can u make a quick webm of whats wrong?
>>
>>551027
Sorry, I can't. I'll try to describe it more clearly. I have a character with a large belly that I want to jiggle when he moves. I have him rigged like a normal biped, with an extra bone controlling the belly. That bone is constrained by the movement of the inner box as in the video above. So when I move the outer box, the inner box bounces around, which drives the rotation of the belly bone, which makes it jiggle.

Instead of moving and animating the outee box manually, I want to have it move with the character's spine bone. So I added the outer box to the rig and assigned its vertices to the spine bone; so now, it mirrors that bone's movement.

However, the inner box does not react to the new movement of the rigged outer box. It reacts as if the outer box were still unrigged (as if there's an invisible copy).
>>
>>551028
ah man i don't know alot about rigging that's a shame.

try the blender stack exchange or blenderartists. both require registration i think
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.