[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shadow's Spider Engine update

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: Capture.png (1B, 486x500px)
Capture.png
1B, 486x500px
Update on my GPL engine.

Multiple object animation / skinning with Assimp is finally here (although not profiled and optimized). Why should you care about this? Well, I show an easy way to go about adding this to any graphics programmer. I wanted to get it out soon, so it still has some bugs like errors in the shadow map for the "elongated cube" and an issue of "tightening" around the joints. Bloom and SSR has also been disabled for now as I work on implementing better options.

Please check it out now at

https://youtu.be/UgBrYRZm3OQ

https://github.com/bergjones/Shadows_Spider
>>
File: ssr fixed.png (333KB, 917x649px) Image search: [Google]
ssr fixed.png
333KB, 917x649px
SSR is now up and running. On to improving the UI and animation blending.
>>
>>550515
I might be a bad meme but the extra bounding box might be from a parenting that you've done when you created the geometry in another program
>>
File: aabb.png (142KB, 349x249px) Image search: [Google]
aabb.png
142KB, 349x249px
>>551805
are you talking about this larger bounding box? That's the desired AABB. I'm trying to get it to move and scale appropriately when the bones move.
>>
File: 1475657020364.jpg (45KB, 720x587px) Image search: [Google]
1475657020364.jpg
45KB, 720x587px
Keep working on it. I want to build something similar.
>>
>>553207
can you code, anon? Have you looked at the code on github?
>>
>>550515
Hi, I'm interested in what do you intend to do with this? Is it going to be for real time rendering for games like brigade or visualization like keyshot?
>>
>>553248
Real time engine that's easy for anyone to understand. I've been working hard on the character controller and almost have a 3rd person animated char moving with an Xbox controller like Dante from dmc. I hope to make some tutorials for the engine soon and grow my YouTube channel subscriber amt
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.