[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /3/, first time posting here, I posted this on /g/ and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: jp-51022__1.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
jp-51022__1.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Hello /3/, first time posting here, I posted this on /g/ and they suggested me this board.

lets say I want to simulate a ball inside another one. the inner one has a lower density than the outer one, I would like to measure the impact points and if possible, the impact strenght. can this be done with something like blender? I don't know about alternatives.
>>
File: cap.webm (1B, 486x500px)
cap.webm
1B, 486x500px
>>550338
not sure about measuring the impact points but pic took me less than a minute on cinema 4d using two balls a boolean for extracting the hole and just a quick dynamics tag and changing the friction/bouncing value.
>>
>>550377
doesnt look very good desu
>>
>>550378
well if you put an hour of two it could look like the op pic easily.
>>
>>550377
>>550380

Thanks for the info, but the pic is just there as a example. Think about doing something like a ribcage (outer ball) and guts (inner ball) so you can simulate impacts. that's why I asked for impact points. the ribcage/guts is also a example but it's more accurate, as I'm willing to simulate some bodyparts being hit.
anyway, thanks for the info, I didn't even know about cinema 4d
>>
I didn’t know this board was so slow when I posted here. I waited until it was on last page to bump it to not be annoying, I’ll bump this just once to gather more information.

So, as I said befor, if I want to simulate a body inside another one and then test impacts on it (think about the bowels inside the body) what should I do?
I heard about a software called Solidedge, but it seems to be just for solid pieces.
>>
>>552417
honestly this sounds like something that could be done with a bit of coding. why did /g/ send you here?
>>
>>552469
They only know about muh' gentoo
>>
File: 2017-02-20 23_33_34-Blender.png (65KB, 427x979px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-20 23_33_34-Blender.png
65KB, 427x979px
rigid body physics.
the container need to be passive the ball is active.

you can choose the mass from premade presets
>>
File: 2017-02-20 23_35_31-Blender.png (43KB, 564x370px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-20 23_35_31-Blender.png
43KB, 564x370px
>>552477
oh also forgot to mention.
if you want accurate collision you need to change collision from convex hull to mesh
>>
>>552479
here is the .blend file

i changed the mass to plastic

http://pastebin.com/VPFdn3N0
>>
>>552481
http://wikisend.com/download/478100/test.blend
updated the simulation, just hit play
>>
I downloaded and installed Blender, but I don't know why it just does not work. It doesn't even open.
I'll keep trying.
>>
>>552536
Could be your computer's configuration.

Could help if we know what specs it has.
>>
>>552592

Sorry, I'll try it myself first and come back if I can't solve it.
What happened here? a lot of threads don't have images and its pretty difficult to find and acces them.
>>
>>550338
zbrush has decimation tool and 3ds max has proOptimizer modifier
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.