[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How easy is it to steal and plagiarist other people CG art, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 24

File: Please help.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Please help.jpg
1B, 486x500px
How easy is it to steal and plagiarist other people CG art, or Models, etc, and pass them of as yours? Almost Got caught. Want to work harder to cover my tracks. Pic related
>>
KYS like the little faggot you are.
>>
>>550263
>Muh intellectual Property
>>
>>550253
How do you "almost" get caught stealing 3d models? Isn't it something that simply happens or not?
>>
>>550267
>How do you "almost" get caught stealing 3d models?
A few people in my class mention that my models looked suspicious, which my teacher starting asking question

>Isn't it something that simply happens or not?
Not necessarily.
>>
I'd call you Monty Oum, but he's dead.

Also it's painfully obvious that you're ripping off tda. You didn't even bother to change the topology, you just moved verts around like a deviantart autist.
Why would you even do this? Isn't the point of a class
>>550269
To learn?
>>
>>550296
>Monty Oum
Just because he's gifted and you're not doesn't mean you can slander him.
>>
>>550296
>copying face topo for anime models
Seriously? Anime face topo is the last thing we should give a shit about being ripped, all these faces look (and will be shaped) almost exactly the same, and I don't see why it should matter to anybody unless OP is specifically taking credit for the topology (in which case fuck him)
>>
>>550303
>implying
(You)

>>550311
the thread is misleading. OP should've specified that screenshot isn't even his.
It's a comparison other people on the internet have made between rwby models to mmd.
Roosterteeth didn't just take credit, they profited off these models.
It really isn't "copying face topology" it's just copy+pasting a model and re-arranging verts so you can say it was "transformative". It's lazy, and there's a huge difference.

I'm still wondering why OP would plagiarize in school. You don't even learn anything that way.
>>
>>550315
>I'm still wondering why OP would plagiarize in school. You don't even learn anything that way.
My Parents was sick during a extending period of time in which I had to take care of them. I was supposed to do a 3d model and well I couldn't, so I plagiarize. Shit reasons but Better than the Alternative. And I am most likely getting caught

>Roosterteeth didn't just take credit, they profited off these models.

>It really isn't "copying face topology" it's just copy+pasting a model and re-arranging verts so you can say it was "transformative".

>It's lazy, and there's a huge difference.

/co/ opinion on the matter:

Here's the thing.

First of all, I've seen someone compare Weiss' ponytail model to an entirely different ponytail model than that one. So it's possible that they just look similar because they're generic spiral ponytails. Plus, the top of that purple ponytail is a lot wider than Weiss'. And while Yang's is similar to that hairstyle, it's not a 100% exact match.

Second of all, if models were stolen, it's likely on Monty, not Rooster Teeth. Rooster Teeth may not have known about stolen assets.

Third, it's actually been proven that they BOUGHT models to use in RWBY. For example, you can actually legally buy the model they used for the volume 2 version of the Atlesian Paladin. And I've seen someone say before that there are models you can legally get for free for Poser Pro. As such, I would like if people could track down the exact, actual models that were allegedly stolen and ask the people who put them up for download if they made those models or bought them and converted them for MMD use.

I've looked around for models to use in MMD, and not all of them were MADE by the people who put them up for download! There are plenty of them out there that were ripped from games or downloaded for other programs and then converted into .pmd or .pmx files! I've actually downloaded MMD models of pokemon that were ripped from Pokemon games and converted!
>>
File: comparison.png (1B, 486x500px)
comparison.png
1B, 486x500px
>>550318
>First of all, I've seen someone compare Weiss' ponytail model to an entirely different ponytail model than that one. So it's possible that they just look similar because they're generic spiral ponytails. Plus, the top of that purple ponytail is a lot wider than Weiss'. And while Yang's is similar to that hairstyle, it's not a 100% exact match.

Pic for context
>>
>>550318
Stop spreading lies, Velvet's/whoevertheothergirlis' hairstyle isn't exactly unique minus the rabbit ears.
>>
>>550318
I personally don't buy that they copied the hair, but I could see the face models being copies just because of how very similar the topology looks to tda. There's also the texture similarities (look at the ears tho).

>I've looked around for models to use in MMD, and not all of them were MADE by the people who put them up for download!
tda made the entirety of his model and put it up for download. It's 100% his, and that's the model people usually compare to rwby's faces, because they look so similar. The topology alone is just so suspicious.

We really can't ever know for sure tho, mostly because Monty is well, dead.
>>
>>550323
Would that make Monty a Hack?
>>
>>550332

Monty never claimed to be a 3D genius. He wanted to make animu and learned how to use Poser to do it because it was faster than making 2D animu. That he "ripped off" most of his models is besides the point. He wanted to tell a story not spend time learning how to 3D model.
>>
>>550253
>how easy
step one: have internet
>>
>>550367
Which is a lame excuse if you actually think about it.
>>
>>550318

If it's a college class, talk to your advisor and tell them your situation and see if you can Withdraw (it's like an F but it doesn't hurt your grades)
>>
>>550394
No it isn't, story telling is such a huge demanding process that requires so many disciplines that many successful artist in this field end up outsourcing or take some shortcut in some aspect of the process
>>
>>550367
Bullshit.
This would be a valid argument if he didn't have an entire fucking team working on rwby.
I'd excuse it if it was all one dude, but roosterteeth was involved, and they're FAR from a small indie studio.

If he just wanted to tell a story he should've wrote a fucking book instead of stealing models.

Plus rwby's story and characters really aren't anything fantastic. It's generic anime made more accessible to westerners. Complete with stereotypical anime archetypes and ebin naruto fight scenes.
Claiming all the effort went into the writing is a cop-out, lazy excuse.
>>
>>550413
You're just jealous he achieved his dream. While you are here forgotten and angry.
>>
>>550417
im just jealous he died, while im here retarded and alive
>>
>>550323
>I personally don't buy that they copied the hair, but I could see the face models being copies just because of how very similar the topology looks to tda. There's also the texture similarities (look at the ears tho).
>>
Are you fuckers blind? Those are pretty clearly rips. And speeding up workflow or being passionate are not excuses. If a big game company or studio stole some shit you modeled and tweaked it a bit and used it, how mad would you be? Again, if it was just Monty doing his weeb shit by himself and not profiting off of it, it would be like all the other random remix vids out there. But taking shit and claiming to have made it, or not crediting original artists is shit. Yes it's true that many productions buy models to save time, but I find it a bit dubious in the case of these MMD chars.
>>
>>550253
it is really hard to get caught plagiarizing 3d unless the accuser is the original creator. there are rare cases like yourself where you didn't even bother to cover your tracks. idiots like you deserve to be caught.
>>
why steal it when you can just tell people you didnt do it bruh take an f like a man shit is not that serious, i tell the truth to people i dont like cause most people cant handle the truth
>>
Have people just being Hyping Monty Oum? I mean all of his fans keep saying his a prodigy with no equal.
>>
>>550550
They should feel grateful that their models are being used instead of being angry. They weren't as gifted as monty
>>
>>550554
He's not special at all. roosterteeth fans are just autistic as hell and will defend this shit to the death.
>>
If you didn't even retopologize you deserve to get caught.
>>
>>550253
>plagiarizing easy weebshit models
>not even putting in the minimal effort to retopo that shit.

I hope you get caught.
>>
Who did it better?

One guy with alot of time to spare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJRWJ3wOXjs&t=58s

Or

A Fully Staff team of Animators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sGiE10zNQM
>>
>>550408
>>550417
>>550560
Monty was a hack 10 years ago and he still is.

>>550584
This fucking guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
>>
>>550586
>Implying
https://youtu.be/0ndYeaxZwB8
>>
>>550584
>a fully staffed team of animators
I honestly don't understand what the fuck the 6 animators in the credits did.
90% of the first 3 volumes were mocap, and it becomes really hard to defend rwby through all it's flaws after learning that.
You really don't need 6 people to clean up mocap data. I don't get it.
>>
>>550579
This, also, its quite simple just don't be dumb, use common sense.
>>
>>550589
I don't even defend it. I just say that it is an alright show and if you don't like it then I respect your opinion.

Vol. 4 is coming together pretty well though.
>>
>>550578
t. Jealous anon who can't do hald the things monty does
>>
>>550597
I thought volume 4 was weak in both animation and in narrative.
>>
File: 1352486749324.jpg (59KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1352486749324.jpg
59KB, 500x382px
>>550677
Well I am not hard to please.
>>
>>550553
Why is it a big name company can steal models and other illegall shit with no repercussion. But people like OP does it they get punished?
>>
>>550319
Here's the thing.

First of all, I've seen someone compare Weiss' ponytail model to an entirely different ponytail model than that one. So it's possible that they just look similar because they're generic spiral ponytails. Plus, the top of that purple ponytail is a lot wider than Weiss'. And while Yang's is similar to that hairstyle, it's not a 100% exact match.

Second of all, if models were stolen, it's likely on Rooster Teeth, not Monty. Monty may not have known about stolen assets.

Third, it's actually been proven that they BOUGHT models to use in RWBY. For example, you can actually legally buy the model they used for the volume 2 version of the Atlesian Paladin. And I've seen someone say before that there are models you can legally get for free for Poser Pro. As such, I would like if people could track down the exact, actual models that were allegedly stolen and ask the people who put them up for download if they made those models or bought them and converted them for MMD use.

I've looked around for models to use in MMD, and not all of them were MADE by the people who put them up for download! There are plenty of them out there that were ripped from games or downloaded for other programs and then converted into .pmd or .pmx files! I've actually downloaded MMD models of pokemon that were ripped from Pokemon games and converted!
>>
>>550986
Its called capitalism
>>
File: 1486842517408.jpg (158KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1486842517408.jpg
158KB, 640x640px
>>550253
>Want to work harder
There you go.
>>
>>551212
Thicc
>>
>>551212
oh i'll take a bite alright.
>>
>>551212
I don't get the pic
>>
>>550586
Otaking is fucking amazing.
>>
File: 1410305351846.png (555KB, 904x720px) Image search: [Google]
1410305351846.png
555KB, 904x720px
>>550560
1/10 made me post a reaction image
>>
>>550586
How long did it take to make this?
>>
has anyone got the link/pic of monty asking on steam forums how to import MMD models?
>>
>>551677
I second this.
>>
>>550413
>if he didn't have an entire fucking team working on rwby.
He had himself and Shane Newville. He taught Shane how to import Blender rigs into Poser and took Shane under his wing. Shane's blog entry about how RT fucked him as soon as Monty died made it very clear there weren't other devs esp. considering how desperate they were to get Shane's laptop.

The remaining team were either prop/clothing modelers and audio/video postproduction.

If Monty created a pipeline for converting MMD rigs to Poser that's reasonably impressive since the known pipeline for converting them to DS compatible rigs is a pain in the ass, and he was a certified Macfag as well. The Weiss head comparison is damning and goes a long way towards helping explain RT's desire to move to Maya where they could start over with scratchbuilt models for "aesthetic" reasons and quietly bury anything with questionable IP issues.

>>551019
>they're generic spiral ponytails
There's nothing generic (or quick) about hair modeling. You don't accidentally create an object with the same number of planes, extruded and curved the same. It's *possible* that a RWBY modeler manually copied the design and made minor modifications along the way but if the original hair mesh was available, it's just as likely they imported and modified it directly.
>>
>>551728
Didn't Roosterteeth Fire Shane?
>>
>>551673
4 years.
>>551728
Didn't know he is dead.
Even though i don't like his stuff and called him a hack earlier i am kinda sad that he died this young.
RIP
>>
If you do some research into art appropriation and incorporate that into your project, the research might be interesting and persuasive enough to justify your actions and make it sound more interesting than just copying someone elses cg art. Youre not just stealing an image of a face, you're appropriating and recognising your influences etc etc
>>
>>551728
Why did they choose to animate in Poser anyways? Couldn't they do it in SFM or something?
>>
>>551859
That sounds almost pretentious and bullshit enough to work.
>>
>>550269
Oh, in school.

Yeah, be careful with plagiarism accusations. The burden of proof for you teacher is a lot lower than a court of law.

Also, it costs nothing for your professor to accuse you, where as lawyers charge a hefty rate.

My point is, you'll have an easier time swiping artwork in the real world than you do in school.
>>
1. Plagiarism is a term for writing, not stealing models.

2. It's actually not wholly unknown that the RWBY crew bought some models in volumes 1 and 2. In fact, Monty bought models for the Paladin in volume 2 and (I think?) the giant robot in the Black Trailer. Plus, Poser Pro also has a library of free-to-use models you can download.

It's entirely possible that they bought and downloaded models from legal sources, and the people who used some of those models also used those same legal sources.

3. That Weiss one is not an exact match by a longshot.

Ruby's boots look similar to Amy's boots, but it may not be a ripped model. To be honest, some of the outfit designs Monty used for characters are based on actual existing clothing to make things easier for cosplayers, so if Amy's boots are similar to actual existing boots, that could be one reason.

Sun's shoes - actual existing shoes
Weiss' SnowPea dress - actual existing dress, with slight differences
Blake's pants in her Intruder outfit - actual existing pants
Neptune's jacket - an actual existing jacket (in fact, Monty owned a blue version, if I recall)
Probably other examples, for the sake of cosplayers, same reason he included pockets and pouches on the characters' outfits as often as possible.

4. The faces... are generic anime faces. To be honest, probably easier to mimic MMD's general style of turning anime style into 3D than to find a unique way to do it.

5. I've been in the fandom since the Yellow Trailer got put on Youtube, and I never saw anything about people accusing them of stealing models or Rooster Teeth throwing around legal threats until now.
>>
>>552154
>1. Plagiarism is a term for writing, not stealing models.

No. Any dictionary will tell you that you're wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------------
pla·gia·rism
ˈplājəˌrizəm/
noun
noun: plagiarism; plural noun: plagiarisms

the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own
>>
>hurr they didn't steal the head models
>>
Jaune a best.
>>
>Can we not? Seriously? Can we not?

>First of all. The entire idea of a bunny girl isn’t that strange. They’re both inspired off the rabbits. Have you seen the amount of bunny girls who look like that in anime? I just. Wow.

>Unless somebody’s got some really elite tech and 3D skills in there. The models in RWBY were made in Poser. From what I do know of MMD, their models are made often in OTHER PROGRAMS.

>The way Poser handles hair is different from a MESH. It’s literally done with calculations of hair strands.

>And to state. Hairstyles like these are not that uncommon. And wow wow look at the differences in those bangs. I know it might not seem like much, but believe me, when you’re working in high poly models like these, hahaha. GOOD LUCK MODIFYING THINGS.

>It is a JERK trying to edit high poly models without knowing what you’re doing. Especially when it’d done for animation, cause weight painting.

>But again. RWBY models were done in Poser. So hahaha. :|

>So. Again. COMMON HAIRSTYLE FOR A VERY COMMON JAPANESE THEME. And let’s not forget how anime inspired RWBY is.

What did /co/ mean by this?
>>
File: 1487388889666.jpg (15KB, 363x363px) Image search: [Google]
1487388889666.jpg
15KB, 363x363px
>>552169
>not citing your reference
>>
>>552262
motherfucker. That was infuriating to read.
Guy's acting so smug, yet he's 100% talking out of his ass.
>>
>>552277
>But again.
>So. Again.
>So hahaha. :|
>:|
>>
>>552277
>>552287
Its from /coc/ what did you expect?
>>
>>552262
>RWBY
>hi-poly

>poser can't do mesh, only hair
>everything in poser is just made of hair

amazing!
>>
>>550318
>My Parents was sick during a extending period of time in which I had to take care of them. I was supposed to do a 3d model and well I couldn't, so I plagiarize. Shit reasons but Better than the Alternative. And I am most likely getting caught
I dunno what the rules are for your school, but my school takes that shit very seriously and doing this would get you kicked out.
>Better than the alternative
Keep telling yourself this
>>
>>552277
Its not our fault your knowledge is severely limited. Be like monty and study and practice
>>
>>552262
Is this the reason why /co/ is hated?
>>
>>552262
whoever this is has no fucking idea how 3D works
>>
>>552396
I hope to god you're trolling
>>
File: 1488026621646.jpg (125KB, 637x476px) Image search: [Google]
1488026621646.jpg
125KB, 637x476px
>>552262
This fucker is either baiting at the highest calibre or he's a massive idiot
>>
File: 1487353076629-1.gif (977KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1487353076629-1.gif
977KB, 500x281px
>>553031
Meh, this board and site is about as credible as Buzzfeed in my opinion. Also, these guys are actually pissed RT (citation needed) took legal action? Do these guys know U.S. and most western countries have libel/slander laws or counter copyright claim clauses? I maybe going on a bit of rant here, but 4Chan seems to be full of regressive morons who been drinking the reactionary kool-aid for so long I'm surprised you're able to walk let alone use a computer.
>>
>>553175
The fuck are you on about?

Do you even understand what's being discussed in this thread? Why are you on this board?
>>
>>553193
So I can stop people like you from spreading disinformation
>>
>>553167
He could be both.
>>
>>552262
Don't listen to him. He knows what he speaks
>>
>>550263
That's ruse anon
>>
>>552262
Oh god lord. Make it stop. Why do idiots talk about things they know nothing about.
>>
has anyone been able to rip shapeways models?
>>
>>555211
Monty was able to
>>
File: 1483922382961.png (193KB, 448x595px) Image search: [Google]
1483922382961.png
193KB, 448x595px
>>552271
>Citing your reference.
>>
>>550253
Extremely easy if you work hard enough
>>
How to not get caught?
Kys
>>
>>556397
Why you goota be mean
>>
>>556620
Coz fuck pathetic thiefs
>>
File: rwby in a nutshell.png (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rwby in a nutshell.png
102KB, 1280x720px
>see what all the commotion is about with rwby
>fans having autistic fits over evidence, and disproving it because of 'muh fee fees'
no wonder rwby is hated outside of /co/

>also they stole a pouch
wew
>>
also I heard Montecore (the guy who made the models) got threatened by RT with a lawsuit after speaking up about it.

Americans never change
>>
>>557035
No fucking way. Even the puches?
>>
File: Weiss_Turnaround_copy.png (1MB, 3571x793px) Image search: [Google]
Weiss_Turnaround_copy.png
1MB, 3571x793px
>>557088
yup
here's one of the characters that has it on her back.
>>
>>557090
>that completely different shading style from the rest of the model
wew
>>
>>557090
Holy fuck. How did they get away with this? It looks like they put the absolute minimum effort in changing the models?
>>
>>557039
uggh this lie again (nothing against you anon)... rwby is a somewhat generic anime style. there's bound to be similarities in textures or the look of models just because of the more generic design of the show's design in volumes one to three.

and d'ya'll think a company like rooserteeth would a.) steal someone's work or b.) be that lazy? i seriously don't think so.
>>
>>552192
I'm still not seeing much similarities between the polygons... they look entirely different to me. As for their number and the textures being similar... I don't see how that's surprising, it seems like claming 2 circles are the same under copyright because they were both using Pi. The underlying math should be the same for the same intended result, it doesn't indicate a vast conspiracy... and unless you're talking extremely high definition with a ton of extra polygons, the similarity should be similar regardless.
>>
>>557651
>still not seeing the similarities
>they look different to me
>...
not gonna make it
>>
>>550253
LOL no tal3nt in 3d OR in plagiarism. Glad you suck at both fag.
>>
>>557668
In this case, it's best to use an example. Charles Dickens wrote A Tale of Two Cities. He held the copyright for it (and his estate may still hold it; I'm not sure with how much copyright has changed over the years). Arguably his most famous line is "It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.". This phrase, was his copyright. That means he (and later his estate) can prevent others from using it in other works without permission. However, despite this, he does not have the copyright to "It", "Was", "The", "Best", "Of", "Times", or "Worst" as individual words. Those words are effectively "Public Domain" (not covered by copyright). The same is true with many visual arts. You can copyright your specific arrangement of artistic achievements but the individual "words" cannot be owned. Thus, having a bunny-girl as a character is fine, but having a bunny-girl who looks like Velvet is not (at least without the owner's permission).

The elements shown in the image you linked are all elements that are common to anime. Because the images do not show the specific mathematical geometry of the polygons and rather only the visual representation of the polygons, the evidence cannot be compared on a mathematical level. As such, it can only be compared visually. That being the case, the evidence does not support the argument that the models are the same

Taking this in the other direction , If you wanted to prove that the models are stolen, you could take the MMD model and print out the dimensions of the shapes in question then compare those numbers to the same process for the RWBY models. If the two strings of numbers were identical then you could make the case that the models were stolen. If however you just visually showed the two, than it becomes a matter of human interpretation. I suspect the Wireframe evidence would play out much the same.

TL;DR: Visual representations are useful and all, but they don't make very good legal arguments.
>>
>>558082
>>557651
>I'm still not seeing much similarities between the polygons
You're either new to 3D, or you're just flat lying to get a response, but I'll bite anyway.

1. The triangles are facing the EXACT same directions in both models.
Minus a few differences on the forehead and cheek, the triangle cuts through the quads are all slanted exactly the same direction in both models.
This may seem like a tiny nitpick, but it's a pretty big giveaway that they may have merged some loops, as the tris are different in those sections only.

2. It's the EXACT same number of loops.
>4 red loops going horizontal across the forehead
>2 blue loops going horizontal across the eyebrows (rwby has 1.5, but the merge point is labelled)
>3 orange circular loops in the eyes
>1 yellow loop circling down to the nose, and terminating to a triangle in the forehead
>1 green loop circling down below the nose to the side of the head
>6 purple loops going horizontal across the face.
>2 red loops circling the mouth before the lip loops begin

It's extremely unlikely that they accidentally pulled off the exact same topology as TDA's miku, down to nearly the exact number of loops in the exact same places.

Is it possible? Sure. Likely? Fuck no.

>it seems like claming 2 circles are the same under copyright because they were both using Pi
False equivalence.
Topology is a product of a technique, not a mathematical formula.
You can copyright models. You cannot copyright a circle.
You can copyright art. You cannot copyright a mathematical formula.

It's more like tracing a drawing and saying you made it, and then later selling that drawing and other various merchandise about the drawing.

Only, you didn't actually even trace the drawing, you just kinda moved the drawing around a little bit with the liquify tool in photoshop and signed your name in crayon at the bottom.

Keep things in perspective.

tl;dr
you are wrong.
>>
>>557035
>>557090
Jesus why were they such lazy fucks?
>>
>>558767
they're not lazy, they don't have talent/can't model for shit.
>>
>>558878
They are lazy because they think they can get away with not knowing shit instead of learning shit.
>>
>>558910
Well they did get away with this
>>
>>550263
Famous people do it. Why wouldn't we?
>>
>>551211
No it's not moron, it's called money and power
>>
>>559759
Same shit.
>>
>>550253
What is it with the Monty Hate? is /3/ Jealous?
>>
>>561802
Have you read this entire thread? Are you also here because it was linked in a similar discussion on /co/ even though the incriminating images were delated months ago by Jackie 4chan fucking around with the image servers?
>>
>>562238
can someone repost the images?
>>
File: 1471463147884.png (2MB, 1032x3734px) Image search: [Google]
1471463147884.png
2MB, 1032x3734px
>>562287
I gotchu famipam
>>
File: rwby1.png (1MB, 993x1755px) Image search: [Google]
rwby1.png
1MB, 993x1755px
>>562420
>>
>>562420
>>562421
thanks.
what a shitshow of a shit show
>>
>>562420
>>562421
Do people really defend Roosterteeth with how blatant this ks?
>>
>>552192
Wow, I think I learnt more about RWBY modelling from this thread than from anywhere else on the internet.

I am a RWBY fan, but you've convinced me without a doubt about the plagiarism. I particularly liked the polygon comparison.

Where the hell do you find this stuff?
>>
this thread sucks ...
>>
File: 1493999068362.jpg (106KB, 560x510px) Image search: [Google]
1493999068362.jpg
106KB, 560x510px
>>564054
T./co/
>>
>>564054
You Suck
>>
>>552262
>>Can we not? Seriously? Can we not?
I can smell the women's studies degree from here.
>>
File: bakharnabieva-128.jpg (62KB, 513x513px) Image search: [Google]
bakharnabieva-128.jpg
62KB, 513x513px
kek
>>
>>567780
Did you just assume my gender?
>>
>>564024
>Do people really defend Roosterteeth with how blatant this ks?
RT didn't animate that shit and as soon as Monty achieved room temperature they impounded Shane's laptop and hired Maya modelers/animators to start over.

They're vicious, greedy cunts but I can completely believe RT didn't know at first what was going on -- and then when they did, planned to throw Monty/Shane under the bus if there was ever a legal challenge from the original modelers. These shenanigans potentially cost RT disc sales for the entire series.

Also as a /co/mrade I'm fucking disgusted at anyone there trying to talk about modeling or rendering except the guy who did >>>/co/93221236 . This faggot >>552262 doesn't speak for the board and most people who try opening with that "ugh" bullshit don't last long.
>>
>>567785
Thats a weirdly girly muscular body.
But cant put my finger on it what makes it so.
>>
The only thing there that looks even remotely close to theft would be the back of Velvet's hair, and even then, I'd attribute it more to copying a hairstyle than an entire model. RoosterTeeth and Monty have always worn their inspirations on their sleeve afterall. Everything else in that image besides Velvet's hair looks like a lot of desperate reaching, especially the faces. 'What what what? Stereotypical generic young girl anime faces? But clearly I was the first and only person in the entire world to ever make stereotypical generic young girl anime faces! Theft, THEFT!' Yeah, whatever.

Also, the ease of converting these things to Maya is utterly insignificant since RWBY didn't even start using Maya til season 4 and prior to that they worked with Poser.
>>
>>568404
T./co/fag
I'm guessing that you don't know how to spot specific details.
and never made a 3d mesh in their life...

it's literally Reisen covered in shit.

Also they still use the old adjusted models in season 4 and gave them nigger lips so they'll hide the fact they stole it
>>
>>568412
1: Every single one of those except for the hair one is EXTREMELY reaching on the part whoever is coming up with it. All of them fall into the "generic style" or "similar design" zones. Even Velvet's hair is stretching it because Velvet's hairstyle is fucking everywhere in anime and gaming. I'm pretty sure you can find that hairstyle in Oblivion Mods which from well before Touhou and MMD existed or anyone gave a shit about them. Hell, one of my teachers in high school had that hairstyle (though she only usually wore it like that for fancy events).

2: To quote Arcade Ganon: "There is nothing new under the sun." Or more directly here - there is not much new to be had in gaming and art as far as character designs go. We've had literally millions of humans for as many years creating art, and these last couple of decades have probably outpaced those previous millions of years put together. At this point, no matter how hard you try, you're invariably copying someone or some group.
>>
>>568470
It's one thing to copy someone without knowing. It's another to take their work, tweak it slightly then call it your own.
It's not reaching for the face because the loops and shit are exactly the same. This is highly unlikely to happen.
>>
Honestly, seeing readingnthis thread just makes it feel like it was created solely as an attempt to slander RWBY as a whole, and in which case... why here of all places?
>>
File: MONTYOUM_ACT_II.jpg (48KB, 290x380px) Image search: [Google]
MONTYOUM_ACT_II.jpg
48KB, 290x380px
>>568533
why are there so many rwby apologists?

is it being defended by shitty indies like Monty who overlook him as le gurren gaggen reference god?

he looks like a fag, acted like a fag, and died like a fag
>>
>>568561
It got linked here from /co/ and retards flooded here.

t. /co/ and /3/ crossposter
>>
>>568650
It's been linked to /co/ 3 times since the discussion seems to come up that frequently somehow.
>>
>>568412
>/co/fag
I don't know who this contrarian fuckwit is but the rest of us do not for a second think that chink did anything except steal some shit and dress it up
>>
>>568404
no you absolute nigger, people don't sit down and hand copy entire meshes from sight

>since RWBY didn't even start using Maya til season 4 and prior to that they worked with Poser
Yes and Shane Newville was already telling people that Monty had built workflows for exporting Blender rigs to Poser. And by that time it was already possible to import MMD rigs into Blender. Do the fucking math.
>>
>>568470
>All of them fall into the "generic style" or "similar design" zones.

>>552192
>similar"

Reach this
>>
Escapist magazine did this better
>>
File: 1497277449344.gif (514KB, 221x231px) Image search: [Google]
1497277449344.gif
514KB, 221x231px
>>568691
Then go back there. They are no better than /co/, Reddit and Tumblr

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.964021-RWBY-plagiarizing-from-MMD-models
>>
Why do people use TDA? YYB is superior.
>>
>>568727
Which one came out first?
>>
>>568691
>>568721
> some nigger with nothing except free time copypasted Escapist forum posts here for (You)s
that's fucking adorable
>>
>>568533
Shit for shit eaters. Same with the rest of the trash that comes out these days.
>>
>>568732
Not sure, but TDA is used most because its edgier and sexier. It also looks very clunky and boring. YYB totes looks way more adorbez and more like a vocaloid. Its a nicer looking model with outfits mostly made by professionals.

>>568735
I watched some RWBY -- I don't see whats so great? I think its very obvious they used MMD models, but the animation makes up for that laziness. Still, the MMD look as is... with no lighting and advanced rendering, looks like total crap. There doesn't seem to be any effort to make it better in post at all. There are a lot of methods to make 3D look 2D, even with MMD models and no effort whatsoever is taken to do it.
>>
>>568772
>There doesn't seem to be any effort to make it better in post at all.

MMD is designed to do cel-shaded renders. RWBY was animated and rendered in Poser (after Monty converted the MMD rigs to Poser rigs) and Poser has fairly mediocre cel shaders.
>>
>>568782
I suppose? MMD models get their look by having simple textures with no illumination, just shadows, I thought. Its cel shaded? I don't know I may be remembering incorrectly.

From MMD to Poser? Whats the point even. Why not something with decent cel shading like C4D or Maya? I think colour grading, passes and blurs would've done wonders for something like this. And its not hard to do that.
>>
>>568786
>Why not something with decent cel shading like C4D or Maya? I think colour grading, passes and blurs would've done wonders for something like this. And its not hard to do that.
As a hardcore Poserfaggot I will answer you honestly as possible: Monty didn't want to learn those programs and put in the time and effort to avoid doing so. I sense that his mindset about stealing models didn't extend to software for whatever reason and this was before Autodesk shifted into "we don't fucking care if you steal our software, here's a free download" modo.
>>
>>568807
I really don't care, if the show is good. it is okay to steal.
>>
>>568402
The underside of a boob?
>>
/rwby/ board fucking when

>https://twitter.com/RoosterTeeth/status/885982240630603776
>>
>>550403
this is how an adult would handle things
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Qw-ztFrK4
>>
>>550253
Daz Studio
MakeHuman
ManuelbastioniLAB

And a few more to cut time of modeling.
>>
File: 1500342147222.jpg (163KB, 1049x905px) Image search: [Google]
1500342147222.jpg
163KB, 1049x905px
>that fucking leg mesh being exposed
holy shit they STILL can't into basic art concept
>>
>>572522
>this was added to blazblu
can people get some fucking taste already
>>
File: this is what rwbyfags like.webm (3MB, 984x554px) Image search: [Google]
this is what rwbyfags like.webm
3MB, 984x554px
>>572528
literally berserk cgi film 2
>those """"graceful"""" motions
>>
>>572522
How fucking lazy can you get?
>>572532
Jesus christ it's so robotic and lacking in emotion. And you can still see the floating legs. It looks like they just neglected to give her a waist and didn't just remove it for some specific reason in that one shot.
>>
>>572532
DESU that's the best animation I have seen from that show... And it still looks like an old video game cutscene.
>>
>>572532
I feel the problem here isn't the software, but the animators themselves. I'm pretty sure RT could easilly afford an outside studio who has experience to animate their faux-anime show.

Of there's a reason why they don't, I'd like to hear it, because I doubt its any cheaper to do it in-house.
>>
>>572582
They want the satisfaction of doing it themselves even when it's quite clear that their best work is complete shit.
>>
>>572611
I heard someone say that they haven't changed the models from mmd saying that the details are still there.
lazy fucks
>>
>>572532
From what I've seen, they do action pretty well. At least the concepts are well done. I can understand why people find it appealing, but the actual animation is pretty bad.
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.