[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/apps/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160807_135048.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160807_135048.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
What's the difference between Maya and 3DS Max apart from animation advantages in Maya
>>
Max has more out of the box functionality in terms of modeling. From what I have heard.
>>
>>549056
Okay, I've been modelling in it for a while just ignoring any other software and I was hoping I hadn't been missing out.
>>
>>549056
Any other hard surface modellers that could compete with max
>>
>>549056
What is the functionality that Max has that's missing from Maya? I have used Maya a bit and can't think of anything from my Max workflow that can't be done in Maya.
>>
>>549061
do you have a license or are you a pirate?
>>
>>549054
3DS Max has more Vray support and newer features, and as such I use 3DS Max. Been using it for years, but that doesn't blind me into understanding it's started its journey down the road of Softimage. Could happen a <decade(s) from now but the timer has been set for it. The updates to 3DS Max compared to Maya are sub par, and as such if big updates don't come to 3DS Max soon I would highly suggest just learning Maya if you're new. I know both myself but it would be a bitch to have to learn a new program because yours is getting outdated.
>>
>>549064
Indian
>>
File: 1483640524710.jpg (185KB, 416x478px) Image search: [Google]
1483640524710.jpg
185KB, 416x478px
>>549066
>>
>>549064

Student license is indefinitely free my dude. Just keep putting the same school and a different year. Don't worry about owning it unless you're hired in which case they should provide the software for you. If you got hired at Pixar they wouldn't make you buy your own computer and version of 3DS or whatever just to work for them. Plus go renegade you can make cooler shit when you aren't tied down by morals and society's bullshit rules.
>>
>>549061
You can model about twice as fast in max. One tool thats absolutely horrible i maya when compared is the cut tool. And autodesks attempts of bringin over maxs modeling tools over albeit terrible attempts is telling
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.