[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3D Rendering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Render finish.jpg (635KB, 1134x638px) Image search: [Google]
Render finish.jpg
635KB, 1134x638px
Fast rendering using Lumion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ76WT5l5ok
>>
might as well be called "Fast rendering using SecondLife"
>>
Shqipe?
>>
>>548719
Ligit looks like the Sims on medium
>>
File: 1452744723017.png (363KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
1452744723017.png
363KB, 638x479px
>>548721
>>
>>548719
Lumion is perfect to do shit-tier amateur garbage FAST
>>
this is like sketchup with graphic mods
>>
Lumion and Twinmotion are great tools if used correctly. They allow amateurs to quickly visualize ideas because you can build scenes so quickly, create decent films and shots in minutes. Lumion has better looking cars and people and a bit more depth to creating finished renderings. It has, however, a very retarded interface especially for large scenes and does not have an animated realtime viewport like Twinmotion. Twinmotion doesn't have such pretty assets as Lumion, but it can create 360 panoramas and even a standalone .exe file of your project. That .exe file is rather useless tho, unless the client owns a gforce 10xx. The software is VERY hardware hungry and could be optimised a lot better. The vegetation looks very great tho and the workflow is easy and has been created with a lot of thought. For example, you can create your own cubemaps with one simple button, which greatly improves the look of a scene through allowing proper fake reflections.
If TM would allow baking light like UE4 does, it would truly be great.
>>
>>548783
The biggest selling points of Lumion are their bigger library that includes animated children and sounds (if you get the pro version for over 2k). It also has a cool tool called weathering, which detects edges of objects and applies weathering to the material, quickly allowing for a more realistic look. Lumion also has somd cool fog and other particle effects. I personally prefer twinmotion because of the better UI and animated realtime viewport.

To achieve a more realistic look tho, the tools alone offered in both programs are not enough. That is why most renderings done within them look like ass, because they're actually done by amateurs.
If you add more details into the buildings and use proper materials with proper UVs and bump or normal maps, it can improve the look quite a bit. Even more so would texturing the buildings in substance painter and using TM/Lumion only for setting the environment and adding assets and for rendering.
That would require much more knowledge of 3D than the average architect, who these softwares are created for, will likely care to acquire.

Twinmotion and Lumion will not be able to compete with passive rendering for a few years, but they are great for quickly creating visualisation without extensive 3D knowledge or hiring expensive artists. Realtime previews of your project are a great tool for making design decisions, and the insanely fast render time allows decent quality renders for attainable prices, without needing to buy huge workstation.

Like any tool, these two have their place when used correctly.
>>
>>548784
i don't like this solution because its meant for work under stress and not for artistic purpose.

you need to spend time on materials/shaders is just my opinion
>>
>>548815
Well, not every rendering is done for artistic purposes. But of course it's better if there is at least an attempt at art in it.

But normal architects don't know anything about 3D except maybe basic max or rhino. I had never heard about substance or PBR or anything before coming here
>>
>>548719
>fast rendering using X GLSL software
lmaoing at you OP
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.