[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CAD USERS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Are there any CAD users here?

What software do you use?

What are you desiging?

Does anyone know the software in my pic?
>>
>>548635
bump
>>
>>548635
>Yes
>AutoCAD, sketchup, 2Ddesign few more
>Architectural stuff
>Rhino
>>
>>548637
What software do you prefer?
>>
>>548635
yup
currently building a 3D model of a large store in rhino for visualisation purposes

after learning rhino, I don't think I can ever go back to primarily 2D CAD. Rhino is so fucking convenient, and grasshopper is the cherry on the pie
>>
Aerospace faggot here, but I design mostly mechanical assembly since I'm working as an inventor drawer for a little machining society in my town. I want to get my degree ASAP to get into aircraft design.

Btw I hate solid edge.
>>
>>548635
Arch + Interior designer here. I use Rhino, Vray, and UE4 with VR.
>>
>>548787
What kind of scale are you working on?
Any problems exporting from Rhino to UE4?

I want to start using UE4 as well, because we have to visualize huge projects and I think UE4 can help us with that. So if you have any advice, especially regarding the pipeline of Rhino -> UE4, I would greatly appreciate it.
>>
>>548793
not the guy you were asking but its best to work in meters which is essentially unreal units so it combines well.
>>
turboooooooooooooo

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W0ET4AG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00W0ET4AG&linkId=21e796f662c424184f2f786620783aec
>>
>>548635
Rhino is in that pic and it's baller for most CAD work.
>>
>>548787
Do you use any plugins for archi in Rhino or just the basic package?
>>
>>548793
Never had any issues with scaling. 1:1 from Rhino to UE4 should work fine. One thing you really want to pay attention is the object global position when importing so that your imports are positioned correctly because its a bitch to have to move things around accurately in UE4.

>>548836
Only plugin I use is vray, my only complain is the version of vray that works with the latest rhino is still buggy and lack of features. If you need complex materials, etc, use 3dsmax.
>>
>>548644
>>548835
Where/how to lrn2rhino?

Just downloaded and installed rhino 5 + vray for it.
>>
>>548873
digitaltoolbox.org has a whole bunch of tutorials ordered from beginner to advanced. They're a bit old by now but should still work.
But there's also extensive documentation by McNeel themselves.
>>
>>548845
Funny story, Vray 3+ has long been ready for Rhino, but the american dev team that's supposed to implement the interface are fucking slacking for years.

Also, give the plugin VisualARQ a try, GH integration lets you do some neat stuff.

>>548873
Rhino is easy to learn once you've got the basics down and customize the shit out of that interface.

I used Dave Schultze's tutorials from Lynda and they pretty much get you on your feet. (you can also find them on cgpeers)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.