[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

looking for a tutorial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Hi Im trying to find a tutorial for low poly modeling and texturing like the one i attached.
please help! :)
thanks
>>
>>548623
Basically just making things out of primitive shapes, like box modelling.

You just need to how to use your modelling program to make basic polygons and extrude and merge vertices, UV mapping, and some concept art.

I don't think there's really tutorials for an art style, just descriptions of the style since it doesn't need any unique techniques.
>>
>>548623
Watch tutorials on "hand made textures", and if you're new to modeling, watch tutorials on box modeling in general

That boat is really easy to model, but hard to texture; that's the essence of low poly
>>
you need good fundamental 2D skills, this stuff is all in the texture
>>
File: mododesu.png (1B, 486x500px)
mododesu.png
1B, 486x500px
Good tutorail series to "buy" for starting with modo? I realize the goal is to learn the techniques, but I plan on modeling only in Modo so I want to try and learn the techniques in modo and kill two birds with one stone.

Also please note that a lot of the links are dead in the stickies post.
One big one is the glossary pdf.
>>
>>549185
the digital tutors one is pretty good :^)
>>
the hardest part about making stuff like these is understanding stylized proportions and have a good color selection.

other than that its just modeling,unwrapping,painting,refining.
those things you deem simple are not simple at all
>>
>>549259

HI this is Justin Marshal from Digital Tutors here..
>>
File: low_poly_gun.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
low_poly_gun.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>548623
There's no easy way to recreate this style of modelling. If I had to create a piece like this, I'd start with creating a concept with low poly topology already in mind (symbolic details, good silhouette, simplified design). The rest of work is basically the same as in every other 3d project.

As for texturing, there are no shortcuts or workarounds and while there are programs that might help you with workflow (like Substance painter or Pixexix), the style of those textures comes from artist experience.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.