[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what happenen to the Cryengine lads? This was it in 2010...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Capture.png (2MB, 1324x855px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1324x855px
what happenen to the Cryengine lads? This was it in 2010...
>>
what about it? they released version 5 recently
>>
its a good engine despite what fagots and spergs say, at least from a visual standpoint
>>
>>548553
the hype just isnt there. it seems ded
>>
>>548556
The documentation doesn't compare to Unreal and Unity. Nobody is willing to dig through and learn the engine when you've already got two perfectly capable engines available already.
>>
BeamNG.drive is the only good game that uses it and I'm not 100% sure why it uses it to begin with
>>
>>548588
Actually beamng uses torque3d.
>>
>>548603
>Originally, BeamNG.drive was to be based on CryEngine 3, but the implementation to the driving game filled it with bugs, leading development to be rolled over to Torque.
Oh jeez
>>
>>548550
Crytek happened

Crytek is a classic case for mismanagement of epic proportions.

Seems like Crytek was always a step behind the competition.
First they fell for the free to play meme.
Then they gobbled up other financially failing studios. But instead of releasing more games they did nothing of value.
No real concept whatsoever.
No more Crysis games or any games showcasing the engine.
Bad or lacking documentation of the engine, stays like it is without much improvements.
Internal conflicts, bad company culture, financial problems.
When Crytek couldn't (wouldn't) pay salary for months for the employees, one of the bosses still drove with his Ferrari to work.

Then they started to bleed talent. One of the core engine programmers is with Star Citizen now, together with probably 15 other ex-crytek employees.
But thats just the tip of the iceberg.

If they don't do a 180 and get their shit together, they won't make it much longer.
>>
>>548642
the industry as a whole failed seeing as no game managed to top crysis graphically in the past 10 years
>>
>>548666
No Man's Sky did.
>>
>>548607
>Torque
What he fuck is wrong with them? Torque is atrocious. Borderline unusable.
>>
>>548669
No Man's Sky isn't a game.
>>
>>548671
its not. torque is intent for ease of use
>>
>>548680
link?
>>
>>548681
http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque-3d
>>
>>548684
looks like half-life 1 tier
>>
File: UNMATCHED GRAPHICAL PROWESS.jpg (576KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
UNMATCHED GRAPHICAL PROWESS.jpg
576KB, 1920x1080px
>>548666
Shit meme, brother.
>>
>>548704
I was memeing, but I've just played through the latest Ubisoft games and it's kinda sad they don't look as good as this screenshot.
>>
>>548705
play VR games on the playstation 4 lad
>>
>>548550
The rest of the world caught up.
>>
File: 1336276530326.jpg (11KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
1336276530326.jpg
11KB, 328x277px
>>548550
have you ever used cryengine? it is a horrible ui when compared to ue4 and unity. you need to do extra steps to do simple things.
also, 9.99 /mo
>>
File: cryengine.png (586KB, 1366x443px) Image search: [Google]
cryengine.png
586KB, 1366x443px
>>548785
>9.99 /mo
You could at least try checking the website next time before you shitpost.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.