[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can extract 3D models from games by dumping the RAM memory.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: w.jpg (228KB, 757x836px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
228KB, 757x836px
You can extract 3D models from games by dumping the RAM memory. How do i go about doing that on PC?
None of the DX rippers work.
>>
>>548103
If NinjaRipper doesn't get it in any of its modes (Injector, Wrapper, DX9, DX11, DX12 I think it supports now) then your only chance is figuring out the file format. NinjaRipper dumps models and textures loaded into DirectX where the model and texture data is in a consistent format, but if you just go after the RAM or the files on the disc you'll be getting the format they're stored in.

Is the game even using DirectX? Might be OpenGL.

Have you looked the game or its file formats up on Xentax?
>>
>>548103
Definitely tell is which game you're trying to rip, at least. Someone somewhere out there might have already ripped it, or there might be a tool available.

Most Unity games can be unpacked pretty easily, and it isn't terribly difficult to decompile or edit assemblies, which might give you an easier way to dump data.
>>
>>548128
Yeah if it's Unity just use Unity Studio.

https://github.com/RaduMC/UnityStudio/releases

It's the only program I've found that'll rip armatures with the models. Absolutely tired of unrigged OBJ rips of Unity games on Models Resource and P3DM.ru, there's simply no reason.
>>
Just wondered in, and curious, - what would be the legal implications if it's discovered that there is some anon ripping models?
>>
>>548103
How do you make a 3D model that's this fucking amazing?
>>
>>548266
pain. lot's of pain.
>>
>>548270
I was talking more about how one would gain the skills to do so.
>>
>>548263
the copyright holder could file a dmca on the hosted files but that's it

if you were making money with it then it's a different story
>>
>>548287
Thanks, but what are the consequences in case they end up in a commercial product? maybe I can just say, "I came up with this product, built it from scratch ...Sorry it matches yours"

What would be the steps against a person like that (Indie company gross 300k per year), and how much could the fine be?
>>
>>548272
probably alot of zbrushing. both hard surface and organic techniques

maybe throw some MD in there, but i think he sculpted everything
>>
>>548266
by being mediocre since its a really beginner tier model
you should loo
>>548320
marvelous didnt even stand near this
>>
>>548103
>literally tens of thousands of free models in all states of development available on the internet for personal, educational, and even commercial use
>wants to jump through hoops and bend over backwards on an app by an unknown publisher

wewlad
e
w
l
a
d
>>
>>548103
>dumping the RAM memory
>RAM memory
>random access memory memory
>>
>>548897

RAP phrases are a bitch, eh?
>>
>>548897
>RAM
>VRAM
Shit on OP for trying to be specific?
>>
>>548921
how is appending a redundant trailing memory to RAM supposed to differentiate it from VRAM?
>>
Has anybody gotten these rippers to work for getting 3D data from Google Maps / earth?
Would be useful for Archviz and idk why they don't allow to download them anyway
>>
>>548319
Don't do that. They could sue and keep all your profits. It's a bad idea.

At the very least, change it just enough that it's not an exact clone.
>>
>>548994
It should work with a bit of finicking around ive even gotten them to work with emulators
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.