[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, how would you make a full environment like this? Everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: kitchen (13).jpg (821KB, 1878x1034px) Image search: [Google]
kitchen (13).jpg
821KB, 1878x1034px
Guys, how would you make a full environment like this?

Everything seems overwhelming....
>>
you can start with not putting a wooden lattice on the wall, what the fuck
>>
It's not once you think about it. It's just a bunch of items. All small goals in one big goal.
>>
seem like there is some kind of CA or FOV thing at play here.
maybe some global AO?

its just a standard environment aside from that
>>
>>547030
Interesting, how to acieve such consistancy in quality though? It could take me days to complete a single model and it wont come to that quality

>>547033
I just wonder how to achieve this unified look
>>
>>547036
>I just wonder how to achieve this unified look
it looks really fake and cg mate
>>
>>547028
Start with an idea (dining room + kitchen visible through archway?)
Block out.
Model furniture.
Model main textures + materials. Walls, floors, wood/paint/etc. for furniture.
Model + texture props (don't start this too early).
Do lighting, corrections and post.

>>547036
Practice + good theory. Take the picture's color combinations for example - the subtle blend of dark and light green, white, light wood and dark brown accents is a clear indication that this person knew what they were doing. This is the kind of knowledge that only comes from having made a lot of art, or looking at art and studying it. You can practice design fundamentals, it helps a lot more than modeling aimlessly.

>>547038
This is obviously from a game engine, you're a retard for making that comment.
>>
>>547028
Looks bad. Just look at that size of the fork.
>>
>>547040
Damn, you're right, it's as big as the oven in the back!
>>
>>547042
everythings wrong with it. I wish i had never seen it tbqh
>>
>>547036
like i said there is no secret its just a standard UE4 envrionment.

there is a really good texture work on the walls which is the highlight of this thing.
he quite possibility exaggerated some stuff in the scene to make it seem stylized.

but ultimately some bloom,some ao, and adjusted fov and probably some other filters im not aware of
>>
>>547028
https://80.lv/articles/detailed-breakdown-of-kitchen-1930-scene/

If your first reflex when seeking information about this scene isn't to image search it but to ask 4chan for help, I'd be willing to wage feeling overwhelmed isn't quite a new occurrence for you.
>>
>>547028
I would populate the scene with premade models from others first then build the room around it. Alter and move things around until it looks like how you want it. Then model every item by yourself and replace the premade models with your own. It's slow, but you'll improve your skills
>>
>>547036

The unity of the work is pure artistic talent. It would shine through in music or dance or painting or a novel just the exact same. Nothing to do with 3d remodelling in specific.
>>
>>547036
>I just wonder how to achieve this unified look

That comes from using Substance Painter, Zbrush, Maya, and rendering in Unreal.

Everything everyone makes using those tools is immediately obvious and all rooks same. Bonus points for absurd amounts of "wear and tear".
>>
>>547095
>Maya
What the fuck?
I mean, I can understand stuff having a same-ish look from people using the SP defaults, Unreal being a single game engine, people sculpting the same way (there's no zbrush in this pic tho).
But what is a generic "Maya" look even supposed to be?
>>
>>547098

>hes still using vertices
>>
>>547098
the envrionment is made by a really good artist.
can tell its not his first one, so you really have to go through trial and error to achieve good work.

your artistic senses will come together overtime when you start looking at more art and gather inspiration. it might look magical but just wonder how much trial and error he had to go through
>>
>>547109
>the envrionment is made by a really good artist.
the level of trolling itt has reached astronomical heights
>>
>>547114
let's see, on one side, we have
>professional videogame artist who helped ship multiple AAA titles
on the other we have
>4chan

hmm
>>
>>547118
>shitting on the only anonymous 3d forum in existance just because its trendy to do so
>>
>>547114
not trolling. what i meant by really good artist that he has the artistic skill to pull it off. not the technical skill which anyone can learn
>>
>>547040
>He eats with a pansy fork.

I see what you mean though. It's probably a efficiency style thing. Enlarged detailed objects help cover up the barren flat surfaces.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.