[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 71

File: 1405555530237.jpg (613KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1405555530237.jpg
613KB, 2560x1440px
Old one is on auto sage so I will create a new one.

I have a nice rigged model with various animations in a fbx files. However, it has too many vertices.
now, how the hell do I split the mesh in 2 or 3 parts without breaking the skeleton in 3ds? I know how to split static meshes and they work just fine.
>>
>>546040

can you list the steps in a complete modeled architecture to ue4 pipeline?
>>
>>546042
just keep proper scale and use grid snapping.
id recommend to keep things like floor tiles modular if you can unless you want to set tiling of floor texture to one object and it fits well.
there is a tutorial on youtube, it will cover most of it
>>
Is there anyone here who can instruct a retard in how to make rigged ragdoll objects in Cinema 4D?

This program is fucking horrible and I recommend none of you ever use it for character animation, because I'm almost positive if I just took the time to learn Maya, I could accomplish this in like three fucking button presses.
I haven't been able to animate for half a week, because I've been trying to figure this shit out, but at this point I'm nearly at the point of just giving up and animating it manually.
I am very angry and frustrated. Please excuse my faggotry.

The specifics:
I have a rigged model with polygon hair, that I want to make simple fucking IK chain dynamics for, with simple collision and gravity, so it doesn't clip through the model.
The polygon hair has a ridiculous amount of joints controlling it, so I'd REALLY want to avoid having to manually animate that if possible.

What I've already attempted:
(cont in the next post. I maybe should've made my own thread for this.)
>>
>>546086

(CONT).

- Cinema 4D's built in IK dynamics, using the built in auto-collision system with a proxy mesh for the body
THE PROBLEM WITH THAT:
PIC RELATED THIS PROGRAM IS FUCKING BULLSHIT.
This is comically unreliable and inconsistent, to the point of being near fucking useless.
Each rectangle is weighted to a single joint, for easier viewing.
These are all the same exact settings, and SHOULD result in the same simulation.

- Proxy meshes for the hair joints, making the proxy meshes rigid bodies, connecting them all together, (affected by gravity, and collisions), and constraining each hair joint to its proxy mesh counterpart.
THE PROBLEM WITH THAT:
THERE ARE LITERALLY NO FUCKING TUTORIALS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS LOOK GOOD.
Also general Cinema 4D fuckery when it's applied to a rigged character.
There are two tutorials in existence on this.
One is for a ragdolling a rigged model using a proxy mesh, but it's by some mouthbreathing autistic fuck who can't articulate himself worth shit, so I couldn't understand it.
The other is by some british dude, but it's for more traditional ragdolling, so the parts do not behave as I would like them to.
This is probably the best option, but I don't know how to do it and make it look not terrible (Parts would rotate indefinitely for no fucking reason, even when constrained to a 1 degree angle limit, the proxy mesh would sometimes just explode for no reason, the actual polygon mesh would shake like it's having a seizure, generally awful shit)
Also it takes goddamn forever to set up something that should be relatively simple.

tl;dr
HOW DO I RAGDOLL JOINTS IN CINEMA 4D?
>>
>>546086
then why don't you just learn Maya?
>>
>>546098
No. I will eventually, but that wasn't even remotely the point of my post.
I also refuse to believe that a software like Cinema 4D doesn't have the capability to accomplish this.
>>
>>546099
sounds like you're setting artificial limitations on yourself my dude. one of the things I've learned in my short time working with 3D applications is that there is no one tool that gets every job done well; why not just put your stubbornness aside and save yourself the massive headache that you're putting yourself through?
>>
Z brush camera navigation has been a bitch.
Been doing right click, because being limited to having to click empty space to move around is dumb. But right click has its own problems, letting go of the modifier key before the right click makes you right click. And the camera itself is getting unusable, I'm noticing that it literally zooms in instead of moving the camera nearer. So I can't zoom into any detail work if there's anything between that spot and the far off camera. Really missing blender's middle mouse navigation, and centering the camera around a selection.
>>
>>546040

does anyone here use Nvidia Tesla cards in their computer?
>>
>>546269
I guess I should really work masking what I'm working on into my workflow anyway
>>
Can someone give me some insight to what I should pursue in college? I liked CAD in high school, as in, designing 3D shit inside of the program, and I could see myself pursuing that sort of major, but the problem is, most schools near me have these really long, extensive programs that are Industrial Design or Architectural Design, and I don't know if those are right for me, when I have the option of attending another community college for another associates or certificate in CAD for much, much cheaper. I feel like this would give me a leg into the 3D world and maybe I could use my career to transition into some other parts of a more creative sense.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>546277
3d art is not even guaranteed work. the state don't even recognize it as a degree. you could learn art everywhere and it wouldn't matter as long as you have good works.
forget about 9-5 job with art, its chaos. get a safe degree and don't play with your future
>>
>>546278
A dude in another thread was literally just telling me to ditch the idea of 3D art in favor of CAD work or more practical designing such as floor plans or interiors, due to it being more lucrative and assuring people jobs. I'm saying I could still hang on to 3D art as a hobby but really focus on CAD work instead.

Are you saying CAD work isn't needed or is a bad decision?
>>
>>546279
cad is way better for job security.
i don't really know about the education part but i do know that electrical is a pain in the ass. the quality of your certificate shouldn't matter alot either i believe but you will absolutely need it
>>
>>546280
So you think I could break into the industry without actually needing a degree for CAD? There's only 1 uni near me with a 'real' design program, but like 20 community colleges near me offer certificate programs in CAD. I would imagine it's more of who you know though, right?
>>
>>546281
if you are unsure.
google "cad jobs in x area" then google "3d artist jobs in x area"
look up the requirements too
>>
Is there a comprehensive wiki with all the 3D cg terms explained?

I'm an architect so I know my way around modeling, but textures and materials are pretty alien to me and I'd like an overview to just read up on the different kind of maps and shaders and so on.
The link in the sticky is broken and old af

I want to learn UE4 and it looks very fun to make my own materials with substance or quixel but I lack a lot of basic knowledge
>>
>>546327
http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Polycount
>>
>>546330
Thanks m8

Also is anybody here using Rhino? Seems like it's all Maya, Max and Blender and I'm curious why
>>
>>546331
no but same principals apply to all programs.
people that ask advice in blender get tips from max guys and so on
>>
Anyone with fusion 360 experience here? How the heck do I reset the orientation after rotating a component? My movement directions are fucked up. In Max I could just reset my pivots and it'd be okay, but I can't figure out Fusion 360 for the life of me
>>
File: image.jpg (248KB, 1500x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248KB, 1500x2208px
>>546353
Hey, if you're asking what I think you're asking it's easy - in just about every move dialogue you have the opportunity to just move the pivot at any point. There's a checkbox in the move options dialogue box to allow you to work with the pivot - it changes to a green checkmark (pic related) while you're working with the pivot. The pivot will then snap to various points like centre points and corners etc around the scene and will also inherit the average normal orientation of the point you chose which is really useful, or you can rotate the pivot manually. When you're done getting the pivot how you want, remember to click the green check in the options box to go back to translating/rotating scene objects.

Not watched it - but I'm guessing this page explains in more detail.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/getting-started/caas/screencast/Main/Details/5b9e9f8f-fa87-495a-8d89-7b8a503774a7.html
>>
>>546353
>>546381

In addition I'd like to add that I'm happy more and more people are taking up Fusion360 around here after a few weeks of me hyping it up. I dig it.

The polygon modelling tools tho, are about 10 years behind Max and Maya, which I really don't understand - I guess Autodesk don't want to undercut their big earners.
>>
>>546331

Maya and Max dominate the entertainment industries - moving image and games respectively.

Max, however, is a very very capable Archviz platform. Maya - not so much. In fact, not at all. Max can import and work with CAD data from Autocad and Rhino and other platforms in many useful ways that Maya simply doesn't.

Also, Max has a HUGE industry attached to it for 3rd party plugins and utilities that have basically become essential to archviz artists - RailClone and ForestPack being the two main examples. Definitely research those two plugins if you haven't already. These aren't available for anything but Max. Same with Batzal Roof Designer, RichDirt and a whole shitload of other things that make an archviz workflow so much easier.

Also - I may be wrong but I don't think Corona rendered is available for anything but Max (yet) and Corona is shaping up to be the 'one-click = amazing results' magic wand that visualisation artists have dreamt about.

The dominance of VRay is being called into question by Corona. And it's still cheap because it's new. Look into it.
>>
>>546327

Substance and Quixel are geared towards creating lightweight real-time texture assets primarily for games, or at least for things that are going to be moving.

They won't provide an Archviz artist with the eye-popping sharpness, detail and clarity that defines quality archviz work... Yet.

Your time would be better spent learning RailClone and VRay and all the millions of plugins and tools dedicated to archviz work - like the free multi-texture map plugin from CGsource, just right off the top of my head. Again - Max only.

If you've already become confident with Autocad - Max is not gonna be too much of a challenge at all.
>>
>>546385
Bullshit.
If you are an Archviz artist and can't produce eye-popping sharpness, detail and clarity with Substance or Quixel you're just a lousy Texture artist.
You're blaming the tool, when you should blame the artist.

Substance, Quixel, Mari, 3Dcoat all are very useful for creating High fidelity textures, no matter what for.
>>
>>546384
>>546385
hey, thanks for the reply

I've not tried Autocad since my office has been using Vectorworks for decades, but I've done a little bit in Maya and got an introduction to Max once, but I'm mostly using Rhino these days.

I'm not so much interested in classic archviz, as in producing photorealistic stills. I'm more interested in creating realtime, possibly even VR applications where clients can walk around and manipulate the project in realtime (move furniture, change colors of walls etc.)

I will definetely look into these plug ins tho, sounds interesting.
>>
>>546269
i just use the move scale and rotate menu items on the right when i zoom in too close to drag over empty space
>>
>>546390

I believe he's referring to their resolution constraints. I don't know about Quixel, but last I checked Substance Painter only went up to 4K texture resolution and didn't support UDIM. Mari is the better option atm for those needing tons of extremely high res textures (though it certainly has its own drawbacks).
>>
File: 1.jpg (449KB, 2154x736px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
449KB, 2154x736px
is this acceptable if i'm trying to save on polycount for use in a unity game?
>>
>>546381
Thanks, it's a little fiddly but I got it to do what I wanted. I still don't think it's as robust as Max's options but oh well.

>>546382
I mostly got into it because of 3D printing. It seems like it's popular in that scene and it'd be good to be able to share my work in a way the community can easily reuse. I don't see the polygonal modeling tools being extended too much, it just doesn't seem like it's meant for artists that would use polygonal modeling. Parametric solid modeling or w/e they call it is pretty powerful in its own right and seems more than capable of serving any and all CAD needs.
>>
>>546390

Orly?

A texture for just the ground plane in a photorealistic wide shot that is going to be rendered at over 1000dpi and printed in high quality at large scale (we're talking enormous, poster-size prints) needs to be over 25k, preferably over 30k.

Where's the setting in Substance to allow me to create a 25k map? I guess the versions I've used that only go up to 4k must've been broken.

Btw congratulations on having a rig that's capable of interactively presenting a procedural 25k map, it must've cost a pretty penny!

Oh... wait - I think you said all that incorrect stuff up there because you forgot that some 3D artists have to produce images for print didn't you? And your understanding of the level of quality needed in print work is minimal at best, isn't it?
Maybe shut up and listen when it comes to things you know fuck-all about next time.
>>
>>546466

Can't tell if troll.
>>
File: texture maps.jpg (17KB, 400x194px) Image search: [Google]
texture maps.jpg
17KB, 400x194px
What is the best explanation of the various texture maps (normal, occlusion, curvature, ect) you've seen /3/? Youtube video, article, book, whatever.
>>
>>546483
>enormous, poster-size prints

When does that ever happen that it requires such high quality?

The largest "archviz" I've ever seen are those on the signs posted in front of construction sites, and those are just upscaled regular renderings and look like ass most of the time anyway.
>>
>>546491

At pitches for large budget contracts, some architectural firms have been known to produce A0 size c-type prints. These tend to be from files that have around 1000dpi resolution:

So back to my original point - Substance is not going to cut it for this. So shut up.
>>
>>546521
I'm a different person m8

I would not classify A0 as enormous tho. But it pretty much depends on the individual shot anyway. If you have a wide angle shot with a lot of ground in it yeah, you might need a big ass texture - for the ground. But not for everything else.
>>
anyone know where to get x-particles 3.5 for c4d for free? ive looked fucking everywhere
>>
>>546484
probably not seeing as this is a thread for questions. When people don't know what they are doing they usually ask questions about it.
>>
>>546531

Fair point, but a question thread could also be the perfect place for casual bit of trolling couldn't it?

Whatever, I don't know, I'm not a troll and I don't really get why kids on the internet find it so fun to say incorrect stuff or ask dumb questions as a setup to laugh at people who answer or try to correct them. But they do and knowing that causes me to second guess a lot of shit I see people say online.
>>
>>546524

A0 is pretty fucking enormous when you're talking about 1000dpi, yeah.
>>
>>546544
Well yeah

But then again, who will even be able to tell the difference? Is it appropriate to create huge textures for a client who doesn't even know what a texture is? Who will probably not even notice the ground unless it looks like utter shit?

The issue depends so much on client and individual shot that it seems silly to condemn a tool because it might not be useful for that one specific niche job.
>>
how would I get started with animating 2d images like this?
https://my.mixtape.moe/wbkwsv.webm
>>
File: Untitled.png (15KB, 546x524px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15KB, 546x524px
no one answered my question and i want to learn more so i can get better so im going to shamelessly repost this

>Just threw this together, never really did anything with 3d before, but im preparing myself for a class im about to take by getting some practice in.

>When I switch to object mode from edit mode, why do these lines stay there? I don't think I have any duplicate vertices or lines there. Did I do something wrong?

this is not a question about how bad this is. i know i still have a lot of room for improvement. thanks in advance.
>>
>>546582
nothing about that is 2d. all 3d with toon shader
>>
>>546598
oh really? welp
>>
>>546466
why do you need the vertex in the center? wouldn't one large polly be lowest possible polly count?
>>
>>546598
>all 3d with toon shader
And you're basing this assumption off of..?

That artist uses proprietary tools that they developed and refined over the course of like 10 years or some shit.
We don't know what it is, but it's definitely not just 3D with a toon shader.
https://warosu.org/3/thread/475476#p481395

Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>546588
you have nothing to worry about.
just keep making models and uwnrap, you will figure eventually what is happening
>>
File: 1453532735420.jpg (37KB, 528x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453532735420.jpg
37KB, 528x480px
What do you do when you have no inspiration to do anything?

I have tried looking at ArtStation, dissected Junji Ito's works, dissected the workings of a Game Boy, watched numerous tutorials of various techniques for gamedev and cinematic asset creation, scrolled furiously past high fashion designs, looked at the upcoming indie games and their progress, looks at the upcoming AAA games and their promotional works, listened to a plethora of musical genres begging for something to ring a bell in my head.

Yet I'm still completely BLANK as to what to do. I mean I work at a production studio which produces assets for cinematic and AAA games, so (I think) I technically have the capacity to do something, but I simply don't know what to do. Environmental? Character? Mech? Prop? What?

tl;dr How do I reacquire my soul and conjure up an idea on what to model
>>
>>546631
you just gotta grow some balls and do whatever you feel like.

for example right now im doing a big fucking project and im not remotely confident about it, so i check export to the engine and redo to the models to see how it looks in different renders,different shaders, different light setups.
and hell who know it might end up looking like shit, but at least the next time it gonna look better.
don't constantly look for reassurance, its a mistake that alot of people do. you need have the essence in your style and take it all the way.
this is how it is.
you need to accept that you will be just shit for the first year or two, even if your'e a great artist
>>
>>546631
2.methods i would recommend

1. just start creating without any intention.
Do it as the Surrealist do - automatic without interpretation and thought.
Just let it flow freely.

or

Go into nature and eat some shrooms.
Do not ask for a vision or creativity, rather make yourself empty (like in meditation) and observe what is going on (in your head)
>>
>>546631
It sounds like you're already making stuff. Or are you not involved in those assets and was irrelevant to bring up.
>>
>>546631
You're giving yourself too much freedom. You don't know what to model because you're giving yourself too many options.
Set your own limit; decide what kind of thing you're going to model first. Environment, character, etc... Just choose one, don't think too much. Simple.
Then try adding more limits: what setting? Going for a certain mood?
Eventually you'll get an idea of what to model because you're thinking in a way more confined space, instead of trying to think about everything at once.

As for the thinking itself; look up diffuse thinking. It's basically the state of thinking where your brain makes connections out of things that aren't connected at all.
This happens most easily when the mind is relaxed, free of stress.
It's the reason why I get my most creative ideas when I'm dozing off or just waking up.

Good luck bud, you'll get through it. Just don't stress too much.
It's something we all go through form time to time.
>>
>>546636
how many game devs take psychedelics?
it doesnt seem like an industry like music where drugs are really celebrated
just curious if anyone has any fun facts or stories
>>
>>546639
dmt
>>
>>546639

Certain kinds of dmt arent too overpowering and last for a long time. And it makes everything feel waaaaay fucking real. This really helps you make seriously effective game design choices that engage people, and makes you feel a thousand times more immersed in the game universe, so you can see what it would 'really actually be like' in the game world.
>>
>>546636
>>546650

>take drugs to receive inspiration

you nutcases shouldn't give advice
>>
>>546652
if you dont take drugs you should take all your media and burn them because thats where they came from
>>
>>546654
i smoked pot for 5 years, you can't tell me man

a little reefer for a moment of inspiration is fine, but you don't do party drugs when you are at home working.
>>
File: 1473550131786.jpg (48KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1473550131786.jpg
48KB, 500x375px
I have a fbx file of a dragon. the mesh is rigged and has skeleton and everything. now I just want to create animations as simple as possible, bake them, export them and use them in ue4.

looks like motion builder is the best thing for my purpose. and I could do key framed animations, but I would like to use the solver (same as in maya).

I can put all the bones to the rig it wants. but how the fuck do I tell it that its a quadruped? it only accepts the rig if its in biped fucked up t-pose.

and how the fuck does attaching extensions really work? I want to add for example the tail. do I have to add every single bone and node in the tail or just the head of the hierarchy? or do I have to "re-rig" the model in maya again? does it lack information? Im kinda lost here.
>>
Not sure if this belongs in /3/, but I'll ask anway.

Do you think it's possible for a bunch of middle aged architects to transition from 2D CAD to something like Revit in a reasonable amount of time?

I'm doing archviz and it absolutely sucks ass to build 3D models out of the 2D drawings I get. With 2D you can draw crude as fuck and it won't matter, especially not in print, but in 3D you immediately see every little error, so most of the time I end up redrawing most of the plans before actually modeling anything. This is obviously a huge waste of time, so I want the firm to move to Revit or other BIM solutions. That way I can take the 3D models, fine tune them and go from there.

But I can't really judge how hard it would be to learn a 3D software for someone who has used 2D CAD for their entire career..
>>
Im working on a sculpt. I learned about ptex textures and wanted to work on it in mudbox, but the old blender sculpt pulled too many errors. Re-doing it in zbrush hoping it'll work better, im just curious if i got the right workflow planned out. Do I import the zbrush model, subdivision leves and all into mudbox, then ptex setup, then texture paint the highest subdivision level, then bake out a displacement map. I dont need a normal map if im using displacement right? Then i dont really need the higher subdiv levels, just render the low poly one with nodes for displacement and texture. Can hopefully rig it and everything at that point. Trying to learn a workflow for movie quality animation, or at least character creation with animation focus.
>>
>>546660
ptex died a quiet death
>>
File: 1483520451149.gif (1MB, 268x270px) Image search: [Google]
1483520451149.gif
1MB, 268x270px
how is the hair made ? are those all singular strands or did they use alpha ?
did they use another material just for the lips or was it a specular map ?
>>
>>546664
a combination of sculpted hair and alpha plains

a pain in the ass
>>
>>546664
SSS for the lips i believe, handmade highlights either spec or other something
>>
>>546612
that would create a massive ngon which unity will split up into an ass ton of triangles. this would be to keep it from doing that
>>
>>546624
the op wasn't 2.5D lol. they look completely different.
>>
>>546663
As far as i know pixar and disney are still using it. It looks pretty great for non realtime animation.
>>
>>546669
literally no one else is using it
>>
>>546671
>pixar
>disney
>no one
>>
>>546674
are you baiting?
>>
>>546676
it depends, are you?
>>
>>546678
perhaps you should quit posting if your bait is this weak
>>
>>546682
thanks, I think I will
>>
>>546671
Don't know why. I'm gonna try it at least. I started doing regular UV map with substance painter, but didn't like the resolution limitations. mudbox ptex setup can let me do absurd resolution, with variable resolution for any face or group of faces if I want say reasonable resolution for the body but crazy detail for the face.
>>
>>546687
>mudbox
>2017
>>
>>546668
yeah no.
feel free to stop posting any time you want. Stop spreading misinformation.
>>
>>546688
why not.
>>
>>546694
mudbox is like after effects but worse if your little babby mind can comprehend this analogy. Mari is like nuke.
>>
>>546695
ugh. I seen mari had ptex tools too, mudbox had more tutorials and results when I searched though so I didn't look into mari too much. too many programs for every step of the 3D process.
>>
>>546691
Why did the art get worse?
>>
File: decapitate.png (1MB, 1181x719px) Image search: [Google]
decapitate.png
1MB, 1181x719px
damn
so dont mess with dynamesh or zremesher when you've masked in zbrush, it irreparably separates your geometry.

Also anyone know if or how zbrush remesher can retopo higher than 100k faces?
>>
File: 1483747844963.jpg (1MB, 2800x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1483747844963.jpg
1MB, 2800x1600px
Did this project ever get finished?
>>
>>546763
i don't think many artists even have the balls to approach this.

and if so. you would have to preaper the asset library like few months before you even start adding detail
>>
>>546764
It was a big collaboration project on here quite a few years ago, and last I saw (a couple years ago) the modelling was over half way done IIRC.
>>
>>546762

You can use close holes on that. DESU Zremesher got fucked in later editions of zbrush. I use 3d coat now, much more control. I hope they fix it in 5.
>>
>>546772
tried that, but it didn't close the gap, just capped off both ends. It's alright, I also found out dynamesh destroys subdiv levels so I'm starting over anyway.
>>
>>546766
It was never really finished, then some guy took all half-finished pieces and threw it together to make a cheap and ugly animation, pretending it was all his work.
I saw it and it wasn't pretty.
End of story.
>>
File: wip.webm (2MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
wip.webm
2MB, 600x600px
Any tutorials on how to git gud at facial animation?
>>
>>546790
1. Practice more
2. Use reference
3. Once you're good enough, break the reference
4. be better
>>
File: 1352339719714.png (41KB, 386x387px) Image search: [Google]
1352339719714.png
41KB, 386x387px
in motionbuilder how can I make that the bone length cant change, as in when translating a node? it seems that something so basic that no one cares to mention it. like the range constraint but with a min == max length (while range doesnt have a min length for whatever reason).
and even when using adding some ik constraint like the chain it still deforms the bones. do I really have to constrain every single bone with the relation constrain for that to work?
>>
>>546487
Google explains it well enough.
>>
in UE4 is there a way to have light shine through curtains?

does ue4 have a shader for see through light?
>>
>>546933
i'm a unityfag but you could try subsurface scattering
>>
File: helpobiwan.jpg (68KB, 957x1300px) Image search: [Google]
helpobiwan.jpg
68KB, 957x1300px
the crotch part with the flat arching shape, what's the easiest way to model that? I can't believe I'm struggling so much with it..
>>
>>546939
Booleans nigga
Make the crotch part fully round, then subtract a tilted box from it.
Then just do a little geometry cleanup and voila.
>>
>>546941
It's been about a year since I used booleans, back when I didn't know what topology was. Apparently they're quite useful when you understand a bit more.. it's worked great, ty anon, much appreciated.
>>
Okay Beginner tier Blender Question

I want to add mirror modifier to a cube so the cube gets well mirrored

"whats the prob"

Well it doesn't mirror the cube
I added the effect
and I added a line in the middle of the cube using ctrl + r
So I know it isn't a normal issue

I look online for various answers for 2 hours and watch countless videos I don't get what I am doing wrong

Can someone with blender link me a basic scene "empty" with half a cube inside and with mirror modifier?
I just want to build a basic character from the cube, is it too much asked? I restarted my client several times and I got it to work once, then I misplaced the spawn point and I didn't know that shift + c resets it so I redid the project without saving, I do not know what I'm doing wrong
>>
>>546948
>file name
If you can't name this drink your not an alcoholist

Wow it's actully spelled ALCOHOLIC
>>
>>546948
I'm going to model without it I can't seem to activate it

Is it recommended to use it?
>>
>>546948
change to mirror from X to Y ,most common troubleshoot
>>
File: Mystery_Box_offering_Galil_BO.png (311KB, 588x322px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery_Box_offering_Galil_BO.png
311KB, 588x322px
>>546954
Thx It Fixed it to bad I made a unqiue high polygon model

anyway redoing but low poly this time thx (reason been at this for hours taking to long)
>>
I need a wireless mouse and keyboard suitable for 3D. Any recommendations?
>>
File: CaptureX.jpg (91KB, 1170x880px) Image search: [Google]
CaptureX.jpg
91KB, 1170x880px
Is anyone here using Fusion360? I don't understand completely those Joints commands.
For example: what joint should I use to make assembly like on the picture?
The picture is from solidworks and there is very simple. Use coincident mate between bracket and alu profile, coincident mate between bracket and the other profile and Width (advanced mate) to centre it to the middle of the profile.
How would you make this in Fusion360? Especially the centering of the bracket to the middle of the profile.

What I want is that bracket stays centered in the corner even though I might change dimensions to the profile or bracket.
>>
File: 1479198725158.png (110KB, 1065x481px) Image search: [Google]
1479198725158.png
110KB, 1065x481px
Retarded newbie here.
Is there any good explanation when to keep edges and when to delete them? Model on the left intuitively feels wrong but I have no idea why.
>>
>>547210
floating verts on the left. The right doesnt have triangles which is also bad
>>
>>547210
One on the left has an 8 sided shape (n-gon) in it.
One on the right is all quads, which will generally always be preferable. (Tris are fine too in certain situations).
On a flat surface though, I'm sure you could hardly tell the difference at all between the two. Avoiding n-gons is just a good habit for when you're making shit that will deform, because then it WILL cause you problems.
Also I think game engines throw a fit when you give them objects with n-gons.
>>
>>547211
>The right doesnt have triangles which is also bad
Why is that bad?

>>547214
Thanks for the explanation, anon!
>>
Hello, I downloaded Maya 2017 yesterday and was trying to play around with Bifrost liquid emitters, rendering with mental ray. Mental ray works beautifully until the Bifrost liquid comes into the scene. When I try to use mental ray on a scene with a Bifrost liquid, pic related happens. I have searched for an answer online and found a person with my exact same problem in Maya 2017, but nobody has replied to him on the forum. I am not a wizard when it comes to animation and modeling yet- just a pleb trying to understand if this is a stupid mistake on my part or something that I have no control of. Any suggestions would be helpful.
>>
>>547227
why are you using mental ray when arnold is built in to 2017
>>
>>547229
probably for the same reason anon's OS interface looks the way it does
>>
>>547229
I was just following tutorials and the person making the video was using mental ray as the rendering utility. I understand that this can be done (probably in a less painful way) by using Arnold but I was just curious as to why this was happening.
>>
>>547229
its built into it, but it doesnt come installed into it comrade
>>
File: what the fug is happening.png (411KB, 1025x1212px) Image search: [Google]
what the fug is happening.png
411KB, 1025x1212px
how do i fix pic related ? it happens in marmoset, and the engine i'm porting the mesh to (gamebryo), but it doesn't show up in 3DS max (in the viewport or when rendering).

i have no normals on the model, so the problem doesn't come from there. the smoothing groups work fine on the whole model except for this part.
>>
>>547239
if it's only broken in one part, have you tried deleting that geo and remaking it?
>>
>>547242
yes, doesn't work.
>>
I'm on Maya 2016. Is it worth the download to upgrade to 2017 just for arnold?
Also does the student edition have arnold on it?
>>
File: face-with-tears-of-joy.png (58KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
face-with-tears-of-joy.png
58KB, 256x256px
>>547264
tell me something autodesk fags

why don't maya simply auto update your product and why they have to use 2016-2017 meme everytime it gets a few fixes and additions? does the jump from 2015 to 2016 really justifies it?
>>
>>547265
What 3D package auto updates? This is the standard way of doing things.
After a bit of googling, it also seems that Maya 2017 can't do batch rendering without watermarks unless you pay for an arnold license, which is hilariously shitty, so I'm sticking to 2016 anyway.

In this case, I am glad it actually doesn't auto-update, because I would lose the ability to fucking batch render.
>>
>>547267
well not directly patching your stuff which can be destructive. i meant like downloading the installer straight from the program like unreal does
>>
File: Edgepadding_512_allpadding.png (25KB, 1300x256px) Image search: [Google]
Edgepadding_512_allpadding.png
25KB, 1300x256px
If im unwraping a model that is going to be rendered in Vray, how much space should i leave between uv islands if im going to be using 4k texture? Should it be less than if the model was to be rendered in a game engine?
>>
>>547267
You didn't google properly because if you did, you would know that there is a new feature called Render sequence, which does the same as the Batch Render just without watermarks.
Hating on Autodesk is totally Ok, but your reasons should be based on reality not your own lack of knowledge.
>>
>>547239
>>547243

bump
>>
>>547273
well , i fixed it. i had to chamfer the border of the hole.
>>
In Maya, what is the easiest way to make it so only the part of the object's surface hit by bifrost fluids becomes a different color?
>>
>>547448
research wet maps, though i don't think bifrost natively supports them so you'll have to get creative
>>
Do you guys ever team up with programmers for projects? I'm currently a programmer with a dream game idea but I'm artistically retarded and it's simply too late for me to start the monolithic task of learning art to create my own shit.
>>
>>547462
tried several times and hit a brick wall.
exaggerated demands like open world environments,fleet of characters,spaceships etc.
poor communication and not responding to messages,shitty attitude in general,bad scope management,lack of ideas and passion.
>>
>>547462
make shit tier blocky 3d assets as placeholders. If the game doesn't even play well or the mechanics are retarded then it was never meant to be. Think of it as a proof of concept.
>>
Anyone know where I can get 3D landscapes?
I need a Mars landscape, preferably textured, but a heightmap or anything would do as well. I'd prefer a modeled one tho to import into rhino.

Thanks
>>
File: Environment.jpg (748KB, 1928x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Environment.jpg
748KB, 1928x1042px
I learned that when you work on an environment, you have to work on it as a whole, and not piece by piece.
So for my current environment I layed out some steps.
1. Gather concept art, do a blockout with modular pieces
2. Make high and low poly versions of those pieces, bake normal and ambient occlusion maps
3. Make unique assets, bake normal and ambient occlusion maps
4. Texture complete environment
5. Do lighting, post processing

My question is, should the baking actually be included in the texturing part?

Currently I am baking all the maps for the modular pieces and I find myself already editing the occlusion maps in photoshop to make sure they are all the same kind of color so the whole environment looks properly shadowed.

This looks like a LOT of work though, so maybe my process is wrong, can anyone elaborate?

Pic related.
>>
>>547475
I haven't tried it but look up World Machine. Might be what you want.
>>
>>547481
Looks great, I will give it a try. Thanks!
>>
>>547454
Thanks. I'll see what I can find. Or maybe just use realflow.
>>
>>547467
So if I had fleshed out a game using placeholders would that encourage an artist more do you think?
>>
Any way to easily use two or more cameras when rendering in maya?
Say I had one file that held all of my animation, and I used different cameras for each shot. Is there a way to do one render, but switch between cameras at a certain time?

Cinema4D has a stage object that allows you to animate which camera is currently active, which is incredibly convenient, but I don't know if maya has an equivalent.

I know of three ways to do this so far.
One includes using a single camera and a stepped keyframe to switch between shots, but that can cause severe motion blur if I enable it.
Another is to separately render each camera for the frames they're active, and then stitch the separate renders all together in a NLE program, which would be a huge painful waste of time.
Lastly I read it can be done through batch rendering and using MEL, but I haven't got too deep into that stuff yet, so I'd have to spend some time learning how to do that.

Any easier way of doing this? How do people normally deal with changing shots?
>>
How the hell do you use Fusion 360? Really?

The lack of control you have compared to a polygonal/mesh editor is amazing.
>>
>>547478
you should import the baked map's to your texturing program and work on them in combination.

>my process is wrong
not wrong. but if you are using unreal you should copy your current UV map's (of the walls especially) to a lightmaps. when you build lightning it calculates the shadows and light path based on the UV's of the lightmap. there are youtube tutorials on the subject and it don't take very long assuming you are still early in the project
>>
File: Environment.jpg (728KB, 1928x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Environment.jpg
728KB, 1928x1042px
>>547515
Thanks for the reply.
It turns out I was baking wrong, when I bake correct everything is about the same color/brightness.
Also I know what lightmaps are, but that will only be useful when I actually start lighting the scene. This scene is currently lighted by a skylight only.
But thanks to proper baking I managed to make the AO look good.
Would still love to hear any artists workflow for environments though.
>>
>>547491
If an artist asked you to program a game but his art was utter shit, would you do it?
What if his art was amazing?

People don't want to waste their time
>>
File: concept.png (28KB, 957x677px) Image search: [Google]
concept.png
28KB, 957x677px
>>547516
did my 2nd environment last week and i found out something important about planning.
you don't want to rush the process by just adding the props in the end. so i make a little blockout of how the level should start/end and the points+measurements and i have some scale data for the props.
i found out that if you plan the props ahead the scene looks more cohesive rather than add as you go.
your scene AO came out nicely but i think its too harsh, i would add subtract node and tone down the AO abit, its not a big deal.
>>
>>547509
http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-FDCA1426-D7FE-41A5-9563-5628C736BCCC
>>
>>546269
It's right click because it's meant to be used with graphic tablets and it works great like that once you get used to it.

What I don't get is why does every 3d software uses a different camera control scheme. Sure, you can get used to any one of them, but switching between them is such a pain for the first few minutes.
>>
>>546269
The geometry hiding tool is your friend. I forgot its actual name, control shift select area.
>>
>>546277
What they teach you in college will probably be garbage. Nobody looks at your diplomas when we're talking 3d, everyone will want to see your work so far, so a work portfolio is mandatory.

The exception would be in technical fields, where a diploma is still required.

If you really want to invest yourself in 3d, learn the programs by yourself (daily work will get you far) and take courses in any art domain that has history, to learn the principles. These are more or less the same in all fields and together with knowledge of your tool you'll have a solid base to work on.
>>
>>546331
Rhino works a different field than max and maya, oriented towards hard surfaces and technical modeling.

Solid program though, i laugh my ass off every time i hear an architect designing a house in AutoCAD or LT then takes it to Max for modeling it in 3d and rendering it. You can do all that in just in rhino which coats as much as LT with a much faster workflow.

You're not gonna hear much about Rhino or other CAD on this site because the people working with them don't have time to waste here.

Oh yeah, and grasshopper is amazing.
>>
>>546384
Vray has been yaking huge leaps forward recently thought. How does corona stand out right now? I didn't get to use it yet.
>>
>>547580
I'm not even using regular CAD anymore, going back to Vectorworks from Rhino feels so backwards. You have to click so many things... Rhino is so convenient with that command bar.

Grasshopper is a godsend. I just wish I was better at it. Got the basics, but it's so deep and I should probably spend a day or two just googling what the hell half the terms even mean.
>>
>>547575
Yeah I ran into that, but from what I can tell you can't render from it, only playblast.
That still requires some scripting, but I think that may be the only way to accomplish this.

It just feels strange that you have to dig into scripting to accomplish something in maya that is a single button press in an "inferior" program like C4D.
>>
>>547604
once everything is set up in the camera sequencer you need to go to create> ubercam in the sequencer window, then in render settings set the renderable camera to the ubercam
>>
File: IK stretch error.webm (194KB, 1098x724px) Image search: [Google]
IK stretch error.webm
194KB, 1098x724px
Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I tried applying an old rig I'd made for a class back in 2013 to this model I made more recently, however since the original rig had much different proportions, I had to stretch it out to fit this new model. Problem is that seems to have resulted in a funny issue with the leg IK's, which squash for a bit when moved upwards before bending, instead of just bending from the start.

I've been modeling for years but know very little about actual animation. Any idea how to set it so the bones stay static and don't squash?
>>
>>547659
your weights are picking up too many verticies
>>
>>547659
usually stretch IK uses a condition node to determine when to apply scaling to the joints, where the condition is set by the distance between the first joint in the chain and the IK handle. seems like the value for the condition node hasn't been set correctly

http://avsl.cct.lsu.edu/maya_elastic_jointchain.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQvaF1Rz1XA
>>
>>547671
Okay, read through the docs, watched the video, and after about three hours of trying to figure out which variable I could change to adjust the stretch point for the IK, I finally decided the closest thing to a solution would be to just delete the measuring objects outright. While this mean the leg no longer stretches, after some further adjustment it now bends properly.

Thanks.
>>
File: fill me pls.jpg (46KB, 1300x863px) Image search: [Google]
fill me pls.jpg
46KB, 1300x863px
BLENDER
ok , i have problems with lags when i try to make pose for my makehuman character. just a while ago i tried to import less complex model with lowpoly topology, its way better now , but still not ideal. can someone tell me some ideas what i can do to make it even better ?

i already tried all options , minimalizing tabs , shading etc. i dont know maybe it's bcs my pc fault:

- geforce gtx 755m
i7 4700 mq
16 gb ram

if so pls answer so i wont bother myself and if anyone have some more ideas to improve working with blender reply too.

SRY FOR BAD ENGLISH / Im just simple paesant from europe
>>
Which part(s) of the hardware effect rendering the most?
>>
>>547729

your computer simply isn't powerful enough.

you ideally want dual processors.
>>
>>547729
Disable subdivision for preview if that's on under modifiers, set the 3d view to solid instead of material, make sure ambient occlusion is off in the 3d view

Can't imagine what the issue would be beyond that, MakeHuman poses fine for me on a 2010 HP DV7 laptop so long as I don't do it with a complex material active..
>>
Maya user here.
I added a IK handle to my characters leg, but the Pole Vector is slightly off, so when I add the knee vector the foot rotates and gets misaligned with the mesh.
Is there a proper way to fix this? The only solution I can up with is to rotate the foot joint back as best I can and then freeze it.
>>
>>547804
here you go:

http://lesterbanks.com/2013/05/calculating-the-position-of-a-pole-vector-in-maya-using-python/
>>
File: Gouf_R35_010.jpg (112KB, 1440x584px) Image search: [Google]
Gouf_R35_010.jpg
112KB, 1440x584px
I'm still a loong way from rendering this, but this question is annoying me: How do I give stuff a sense of scale ? I don't want this to look like a toy. Would some small noise on the normal map work ?
>>
File: 875c9931711253.565da4356b82b.jpg (284KB, 1400x977px) Image search: [Google]
875c9931711253.565da4356b82b.jpg
284KB, 1400x977px
Anyone know what this guy uses for his 3d?
https://www.behance.net/gallery/31711253/DEV_NBS

Does anyone recognize this environment? I don't know the different 3D softwares but surely somebody will look at pic related and instantly know what it is
>>
File: 5a4ab031711253.565da435692aa.jpg (400KB, 1400x945px) Image search: [Google]
5a4ab031711253.565da435692aa.jpg
400KB, 1400x945px
>>547825
actually the comments might be right on this one, it looks like Moi3D
Does anyone know how to achieve this rendering? I assume he models in Moi but renders in something else?
>>
>>547826
A result like that should be easy to achieve in any of the more popular render engines.
>>
>>547826
I think you are looking at the post processing more than the render itself. I guarantee the raw render looks a lot more "achievable" in most renderers you can use.

color correction and chromatic abberation are the most obvious at a glance.
>>
>>547825
You could do that with Freestyle in Blender, even the dotted translucent lines.

He lists Cinema 4D, Keyshot, VRay, Photoshop, ZBrush, Modo on some of his projects.

http://simultan-cristiano.cgsociety.org/art/sci-fi-zbrush-device-keyshot-cyborg-h1o-1156912 This is a similar project, lists ZBrush and Keyshot.
>>
>>547832
Cool, thanks for the cgsociety link, I didn't know that website existed
>>
>>547815
dont make it the exact level of glossiness that suggests plastic
>>
>>547815
there's all sorts of tips to create scale, maybe googling it can give you some answers

but here's three I think are important ones:

-Add recognizable stuff. Anything we know the scale of. These can be bolts, handles, levers, as well as doors, ladders, furniture, cockpits, basically anything relateable to a human

-Model some high-frequency detail areas onto big stuff: basically "greebles", look it up, they used them a lot on spaceships in star wars to portray scale because they couldn't rely on atmospheric fog in space

-Damage: basically, different sizes of objects will get different types of weathering. A metal jeep and a metal pen might get worn down almost the same way, but the scratches, edge wear, dirt they will amass will look very different. (if your mecha is huge adding dirt streaks can be a great way to sell this because these only tend to form up on big things like buildings or ships)
>>
Can anyone explain to a dummy how the HD remastering process works for visuals? Or point me in the right direction of a thread or book?
I understand audio (worked in a recording studio for years) but would love to to learn how they work on an existing games lighting, colors etc.
Thanks!
>>
>>547856
Depends which game. I assume it's sometimes possible to use the high-res developer textures (which were downscaled to fit prior hardware requirements, especially for last gen consoles). For some (like the Bioshock remaster), some of the textures are simply recreated from scratch, on top of pre-existing geo. See: https://80.lv/articles/the-remastering-of-textures-in-bioshock-the-collection/

Lighting would be engine related, though a good example of recent lighting improvements would be the arrival of PBR in games. Due to the way PBR shaders work, it's possible (with some work) to convert old textures into PBR. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwBstFgTWAo

I rarely see actual geo being touched for remasters, likely because that involves a lot more work. You gotta unwrap again, skin, bake, etc.
>>
>>547600
Well, it's mostly programming and math, if you know those, the rest is up to your creativity.
>>
File: DAZ-3D-LY-Trini.jpg (118KB, 960x1248px) Image search: [Google]
DAZ-3D-LY-Trini.jpg
118KB, 960x1248px
does daz3d still needs you to buy developer / indie license to use their stuff in own games ? i was looking for that but found only old informations
>>
>>547901
which model is this? (for the face)
>>
>>547919
LY Trini, like the filename says.

http://www.daz3d.com/ly-trini
>>
>>547859
Awesome thanks!
>>
>>547901
looks cartoony. I'm looking for more realistic to work form
>>
>>547883
I dont, but it's forcing me to learn so it's great anyway.
>>
>>547964
Look up groups, arrays, stacks, lists and some trigonometry formulas and it'll help you a lot.

If you understand the mathematical definitions of the shapes you're working with, you'll know how to break them down and GH becomes much easier.
>>
I have an animation from Mixamo which I want to use in UE4
The animation has translations and rotations applied to the Root bone, which is at the feet of the character, and nothing on the Hip bone.

To use it I need Root to have no rotations applied to it, is there a straight forward way to transfer the animation from Root to Hip? So the general motion is the same, but it moves Hip instead of Root.
I'm having trouble because Root is offset from Hip, so it's rotation causes a translation in the whole character (and Hip) which doesn't seemingly have any curves I could transfer.

Bones go Root > Hip > other stuff
>>
File: human-feet-3d-model-obj.jpg (14KB, 676x500px) Image search: [Google]
human-feet-3d-model-obj.jpg
14KB, 676x500px
what would be the easiest way to model a shoe or boot around a pre-made model?
>>
So I've made a few little things in Sketchup before and thought to myself "Hey, maybe I should try something more serious".

Get blender.

Open blender.

Fucking hell grating your dick with a blank expression on your face has to be easier than this. Mesh editing here is a nightmare.

I don't give a shit about textures, animation, rigging or anything else. I just want to make nice meshes. Is every other program as obtuse with this as Blender, or am I stuck with Sketchup if I want simpler?
>>
>>548004
Just about everything will be hard the first time, once you learn it then it's easier.

Bunch of tutorials out there from teenagers for editing Sims 4 hair with Blender, you can learn it too.

Maybe look for an intro to modelling in Blender video or article. Once you pick up on the logic of the program it'll gel.
>>
File: untitled.png (34KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
34KB, 500x300px
>>547996
In Blender I got a base for sculpting going by making a lowpoly shoe-like shape around the foot with an extra edge loop near the bottom, subdividing, adding a shrinkwrap modifier set to project pos and neg and using vertex weighting to paint in where I want to conform to the foot more, then applying it and adding an extra edgeloop on the bottom and subdividing again, and then apply a solidify modifier and delete the inside faces OR edit mode -> select all -> shrink / fatten to expand it a little.

Could also use it to snap other elements onto.
>>
>>548014
that's really helpful, thanks!
>>
Yeah this probably doesn't deserve it's own thread but I am a student who is going into a 2 year robotics program at a local tech school. Recently 3D printing has interested me quite a bit. Is there a field for that? What type of jobs are there? Idk what I'm really asking. Ig I just want to do something with 3D printing. Probably don't have the mind to become an engineer
>>
>>548081
Using robots is the latest development in 3D printing, because it allows to actually 3D print without the constraints or limits of now common 3D printers, which can only move in the x, y and z axis. Basically you could have a bunch of robotic arms with different tools and extruders, and simultaneously print, paint and mill an object, because the robots can get to the object from any direction, while also twisting it around.

There is definetely a field for 3D printing, but you should learn 3D and programming.

There isnt much of a market for simply printing other peoples designs tho. At this stage, 3D printing takes too long compared to other manufacturing processes, so it's only good for prototyping or niche products.
>>
>>546040
Would Anyone Recommend Blenders Game Engine?
>>
>>548145
I would recommend UE4.
>>
I'm playing around with world machine, which is an awesome tool. Now I exported a mesh of the world and I want to wrap it around a sphere, so that it looks like a planet.

But I'm stumped on how to do this. I'm using rhino but I can get edu licenses of Maya or Max or whatever.

What I ultimately want to achieve is a sort of comic strip or pictograph (printed out in 2D, so not animated or anything, but that would be cool too) zooming in on the planet until eventually showing the landscape, where I will then place a large megastructure that I designed.
I want to do this for multiple generated landscapes, to show that the structure I designed can be placed on any planet/landscape without regards to topology.

So how would I go about this?
It sounds so simple and I'm sure I'm missing something, but the only thing I came up with so far is just wrapping the heightmap from worldmachine around the sphere and just rendering that. But an actual mesh would be nicer.
>>
>>548159
uninstall world machine and rhino
>>
>>548160
why?
>>
>>548162
because rhino will give you aids
it gave me aids and now my anus is so painful I can't even get fucked in the ass by black hunks anymore like I loved to
>>
>>548210
What if I already have aids?
Seriously tho, any comprehensive reasons?
>>
File: 1420099814802.jpg (13KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
1420099814802.jpg
13KB, 250x239px
does arnold not support lens flares in maya? The opticalFX only seems to be working in maya software and there's nothing in the arnold documentation about lens flares.
>>
File: Render.jpg (100KB, 595x701px) Image search: [Google]
Render.jpg
100KB, 595x701px
Hey I'm having issues with rendering with Vray in Maya. I'm attempting to camera map, yet whenever I render - the output is over exposed/ washed out.

I've stripped everything out and left only the camera and image plane and even this doesn't match the original image/ viewport render.

I've altered the physical camera settings and changed the render settings over and over but still can't seem to get a result.

Any advice?
>>
>>548409
maybe some linear workflow issue

try to aply a gamma correction of 0,4543 to the texture
>>
What are the 'Remnants'? Is it some kind of a cicada thing? I've seen a couple of posts about them. thats their facebook /17913O7O31971 .
Does anyone know more about them?? I really wanna know
>>
>>548339
wat
lens flares are a 2d thing. no there is no default arnold setting where u can add lens flares in maya. you'd need an external plugin and I only know after fx plugins that do that. besides lens flares are overrated
>>
What is the proper UV/mat workflow for Blender? Make mesh > unwrap > texture/paint > make material nodes using texture input?
>>
>>548339
>>548497
This - you add it in the compositing (Nuke, AE or Photoshop) for better control. Optical Flares is a good plugin.

>>548409
>>548435
Select your texture (the file node), go to attributes - vray - texture input gamma and leave it at 2.2. For solid colors that aren't maps, use a gamma correct node and set it to .455 in all three channels.
>>
>>548506
yes
>>
File: peepee the frog.png (220KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
peepee the frog.png
220KB, 858x725px
>fucking around with student version of maya
>make reference to a character file in maya
>need a lot of the character in the scene, so duplicate the reference
>suddenly every time I save I get 25 fucking popups of ”THIS IS A STUDENT VERSION OF MAYA HIT OK TO CONFIRM THAT YOU KNOW THIS IS A STUDENT VERSION OF MAYA"

you've got to be shitting me.

I understand that they want it to be very clear when shit is made using a student version, but JESUS CHRIST ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS, AUTODESK?
YOU WANT ME TO CLICK "OK YES I UNDERSTAND I AM POOR" 25 FUCKING TIMES, EVERY TIME I SAVE?
Is there a better way to duplicate rigged shit in maya without using references? This is ridiculous.
Duplicate special breaks the IK functionality for some reason, before someone suggests it.

Or even, is there a way to make it so it only gives me one popup, even if I'm referencing files in my scene? One is completely tolerable. 25 is not.
All my google searches turned up a bunch of insufferable faggots telling people to "hurr just buy the program if you don't like it :^)))))."
As if people on the student version can afford a $3k program.
>>
>>548544
kek
>>
does anyone else here make sims custom content or am i on the wrong board
>>
>>548544
This should help you with the rig mirroring
https://youtu.be/o-iWr4ECJIE
>>
>>548409
>>548508

Thank you so much! That did the trick, it's been bugging me for days haha
>>
File: jkook car.jpg (535KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
jkook car.jpg
535KB, 1600x900px
Any good free blueprints resource?
Every time the projections don't correlate and it's very confusing for a beginner.
>>
>>546790
Jason Osipa "Stop staring" is what you want
>>
>>548855
he is a hack.
>>
>>547491
Of course
>>
File: Preview.png (88KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
Preview.png
88KB, 600x391px
Hey guys, I'm shit at topology. Is pic related from a tutorial going to deform properly when animated?
>>
File: 1324401266954.gif (44KB, 725x503px) Image search: [Google]
1324401266954.gif
44KB, 725x503px
>>548869
>>
>>546040
So uh, i'm new to this board, i'm only here because i saw the banner that say's "give me a job please"
i'm kinda embarrassed to ask, but i just wanted to know if some of you guys like do commissions or request or whatever to make 3D models of characters? like could those models be used for a game? i just wanna ask cause if i don't i won't stop thinking about it.
>>
>>548882
if you make a thread you might get someone biting as long as you pay them and not expect slave labor.

3d takes a lot of time to do right. way more time than the kind of 2d art requests you may be used to seeing that someone can scratch out in 20 minutes-hour.
>>
File: animation deformation.gif (366KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
animation deformation.gif
366KB, 500x300px
>>548870
only noobs do it that way. Here is the onyl proper way to do it
>>
There any downside to using the Euler filer in maya? Or is it actually a "fix all of your curves" button?
>>
>>548919
If it doesn't change your keyframes away form your intended values then no. All it does is recalculate rotations to avoid gimbal lock, and tries to maintain your existing keyframes.
>>
does anyone have any experience of delighting photoscans that has been shot in a sunny day? is that feasible at all?
>>
Newbie meme question here, to start learning with the whole 3d thing which do I pick blender or maya? (i'll be using the student version of maya), I hope to make some shitty 3d for a game I'm making if that has any effect on the decision.
>>
>>548931
Not perfectly. I'd perform a low frequency light equalization by doing the following in Photoshop:

Duplicate the texture layer and blur it enough to hide the fine details and be mostly light on a simplified surface. Duplicate the original texture again so that it's underneath the blurred layer with the blurred layer visible, go to Image -> Apply Image with blending set to Subtract, scale to 2, offset to 128. Rename that layer, which should now be mostly grey, "High Freq" for organization reasons. Rename the blurred layer "Low Freq".

Now we're going to equalize the light. As you can imagine, light from the sun is going to be warm, and shadows are going to be cool. You can probably see it in the blur. So here's what we do: Press Ctrl+Alt+2 to make a selection of the brightness of the layer and then make a curves adjustment layer which will automatically make a mask out of your selection. With the mask selected press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+L to autolevel it, it might do nothing if it's already high contrast. Duplicate the curves layer and invert the mask. Take the High Freq layer and move it above the two curves and set it to blending mode Linear Light. It should look like the original image. Now adjust for the highlight and shadow color and light with the curves master RGB curve as well as individual red green blue curves. You may need to adjust High Freq with curves as well and if you do then you must add a point at 128,128 for each curve (RGB, Red, Green, Blue) you use or else it will globally darken or lighten.
>>
>>548936
stick with maya, blender is shit. All of the general concepts will be the same no matter what 3d package you use. maya also has a send to unity/unreal button so you can just pop it over easily.
>>
>>548936
if its just a shitty 3D game then your software of choice don't matter.

blender is 200 megas and maya is 4gb and needs to be pirated. blender also includes a video editor a game engine and image compositor
>>
>>548945
>maya
>better than blender for modeling
>>
>>548948
blender is literally worse at everything than maya except price. maya's modelling has been superior since the modelling toolkit was implemented in 2014.
>>
>>548936
learn whichever has the nicest/easiest looking UI (in your own opinion. Everyone will have different opinions on this).

Your software won't limit you as a beginner.
When you hit a wall in your workflow, and start thinking "man I really wish I could do (x thing y program can do), in my current software", you should switch over.
But as a beginner you won't be thinking about that shit. You'll still be learning the fundamentals, which transfer across all programs anyway.
>>
File: sphere head man.png (362KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
sphere head man.png
362KB, 1920x2160px
Do you guys have any advice as to how you'd design a 3D cartoon man with a round head?

Looking at him head on from the front, it doesn't look too bad, but from the side he looks absolutely ridiculous.
>>
File: 20170125_111641.jpg (340KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170125_111641.jpg
340KB, 1280x720px
What program is best for playing around with displacement maps?
I want to turn multiple cylinders into intricate surfaces using displacement maps generated from a picture of the actual physical objects, pic related.
But Rhino shits itself with meshes that size so I'm wondering what else I should use.

Also is there a better way to create displacement maps than Photoshop?
>>
>>548955
Blender, especially with microdisplacement.
>>
>>548956
plus if you increase the bump map strength in blender to over 1000, it actually becomes tesselation
>>
>>548954
Look at Pixar and Disney CG movies, they all got the same round head. Agnes specifically looks fairly round.
>>
>>548954
http://www.cgmeetup.net/home/pixar-brave-designing-and-developing-a-character-merida/

Check out the wireframes.
>>
File: flashforge_finder.jpg (101KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flashforge_finder.jpg
101KB, 1000x1000px
I'm a Physics teacher and recently my school acquired a flashforge finder 3d printed and i was wondering what design software would be ideal for making tech related stuff mostly.
I can use Blender pretty well, but is a pain in the ass doing technical stuff.
I mostly use sketchUp for this, but altough it does the job i dont really like it and was wondering what was a good alternative. what is the goto program for this.
>>
>>548961
what exactly do you mean by "technical". If it's what I think you mean then autodesk inventor is the standard but it works more like cad modelling than just box/extrusion modelling.
>>
>>548966
Let me put it this way. I want the SketchUp type of modeling ( whatever is called ) but in a more reliable and complete software. SketchUp feels like kid's toy.
>>
>>548970
for maximum precision suitable for 3d printing you would need solidworks, its like 3D software but i believe learning it will be more difficult
>>
What's the easiest way to unwrap my UVs so I can get to baking my global illumination?
>>
>>548988
Easiest? Cubemap, relax, then pack.

If you wanna worry about optimization for a bit (like for a game) unwrap some stuff by seams (look up how for your modeling package on youtube).
>>
>>548956
>>548957
Thanks a lot
Been meaning to try out blender anyway
>>
>>548961
Rhino

Splines for modeling -> ideal for fabrication in 3d printing, CAM, robotics, etc.
>>
>>548920
Alright cool. Thanks.

Although this brings up another question that's semi-related.
I searched around and figured out I pretty much know absolutely nothing about this shit.
From what I read this gets deep into a bunch of math stuff that unity/unreal devs or whatever even apparently don't like fucking with.
I'm shit at math, so I unfortunately can't really fully understand this stuff.

But from my limited understanding, it seems like I could switch to using Quaternion rotations instead of Euler, and I wouldn't have to run my animation through the Euler filter every time it fucks up and gimbal locks because I am shit at rigging.
Apparently SFM strictly uses quaternions, and when I used that program I really liked how easy it was to quickly set up decent looking animations.

In Maya, though, it seems like everyone is set on using Euler rotations, and there's also like three different fucking quaternion rotation types under the settings, and I have no idea why.

I have no idea what the difference is between the different quaternion types, or even what the difference is between quaternion or Euler.
Slerp vs Cubic vs Tangent Dependent? What's the difference?

Why can't I just use Quaternion rotations instead of Euler? What's the difference?

I had no idea something I considered as insignificant as animation interpolation went this deep. I didn't even know what gimbal lock was until a few days ago. Fuck.

tl;dr,
Euler vs Quaternion?
Quaternion Slerp vs Cubic vs Tangent Dependent?
>>
File: CIOOnMNVEAAH1XN.png large.png (184KB, 1019x1047px) Image search: [Google]
CIOOnMNVEAAH1XN.png large.png
184KB, 1019x1047px
my goal is to make animu weeb shit in 3D

which method is more beginner friendly?
Make simple polys then subdivide surface or sculpt?
>>
>>549042
Simple polygon, subdivide, and then use the sculpt tools to shape it further. Just don't turn on dynamesh so you don't alter the topology, just doing it to push and pull things a bit.
>>
People insist that blender is simple and easy to use but I can't seem to do anything in it and it makes me angry honestly

I'm not even interested in 3d modelling anymore at this point, but I'd like to get some basic texturing done

What's the best tutorial for a retard who wants to keep his tunnelvision on for a while longer?
>>
I'm looking for a bad Buzz Lightyear animation made by students. Anyone here know where I could possibly find it?
>>
>>549114
borncg on youtube
>>
What program can handle the largest meshes?
>>
Blenderfags:
I want to have an object that "fell" into a sort of spider web (a mesh that (for rendering) only consists of edges) which is firmly attached to the walls around it.
You know with a bit of the threads wrapped around it on the edges, all of the threads under full tension.

Any ideas on how you'd do it?
>>
>>549138
i don't really know but i think blenderhd on youtube have something about it
>>
>>549114
should have gone with maya
>>
>>549179
Ain't too late to switch
Guess I'll give it a spin
>>
File: untitled4.png (29KB, 1188x549px) Image search: [Google]
untitled4.png
29KB, 1188x549px
How to make awesome heightmaps for all kind of planets?

I have a graphics tablet, a little bit of skill in drawing and semester break. Any tips, guides etc?

pic related, I used a jupiter heightmap
>>
>>549318
There are some very high res pics of Mars you could turn into heightmaps
>>
>>549352
I think we've got genuine height maps of Mars from NASA.
>>
>>549353
Really? Could you point me to where I can find them?

Because I'm currently doing a mars colony in uni and I couldn't find any actual b/w height maps. Had to create our own from an elevation pic and input that into world machine to get a decent mesh out of it..
>>
File: claydol-ex-power-keepers-pk-93.jpg (129KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
claydol-ex-power-keepers-pk-93.jpg
129KB, 600x825px
>>546040
I want to get into 3D but essentially only want to do pokemon related stuff.
So, how would one recreate this kind of look?
>>
>>549419
Get Blender, learn the basics and that's it

Pokemon seem to be made of mostly primitives
>>
never posted on /3/ before just lurk mostly, but where and how would i go about finding a game project in development being created by ameteurs? I really want to work as a team to develop something but don't have enough know how to develop my own project or the know how to find/motivate people.
>>
>>549416
i google imaged nasa mars heightmap and there's a lot of stuff
>>
>>549427
indiegamer/indiedb

beware of teams that recruit 10+ people. its usually companies that want grunt work for free
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (249KB, 528x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
249KB, 528x1080px
I wrote a Maya plugin that imports XNALara xps data.
Then I realized that the data contains no information about default joint orientations at all, only the default (relative) positions.
As a result, all the skeletons look like strange trees, as all I can do is try to compute a default rotation from the parent joint into the child joint.

Can anyone more familiar with XNALara tell me how rotation information is derived?
>>
Can someone explain what is happening here? If you hold your clavicle down with one hand, you can see it's basically impossible to point your humerus past perpendicular with the ground. But if you release your clavicle, it is now possible for arm to point straight up, even though the clavicle is only contributing about 30* of upwards rotation. Why can you arm suddenly rotate another 60*?

It's for shoulder rigging btw. I'm having a hard time figuring how to rig a full 180* range of motion and realized I don't know how a real arm does it.
>>
I'm trying out different materials in Unreal Engine. I would like a material that acts a bit like a more universal masking thing.

Let's say the material is on a cube. You cannot see the cube itself, and you see the rest of the world behind it. However, if another specially made material passes behind this cube, it disappears based on the cube's bounds.

Think like the mask of truth from Ocarina of Time.
>>
>>549486
I have full range of motion while my clavicle doesn't move. I think you're feeling muscles move around it.
>>
Is there any place I can go to get a basic selection of hairstyles that I can modify the textures for to apply to my models.
It seems pointless creating a fresh model for a very basic hairstyle for my character when chances are people have made that same hairstyle countless times before.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (53KB, 586x699px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
53KB, 586x699px
>>549481
AH, I figured it out.

Turns out what I needed to do with the Maya API was to create an MTransformationMatrix, then add the joint's position in world space, then add the parent-joint's position in world space negated (all values set to negative).

That's really it. Maya will compute the correct orientation via the transformation matrix. Then just call MFnIkJoint ->set with that matrix.
>>
What's the best way to create displacement maps from pictures?
>>
>>549489
You have to enable the stencil buffer (I don't think it's enabled by default) and choose one stencil value for the cube and a different stencil value for the material. Make both the cubes and materials transparent with an opacity of 0. Then write a post process material to shade only the material's stencil-buffer. This way, it won't shade the material if the cube because only the closest stencil value gets written. Then stick this material into an unbound post process volume and you're good to go.

http://www.tomlooman.com/?s=buffer this guy has tutorials on how to use the stencil buffer to do outlines, but basically yours is a bit easier because you are shading the buffer instead of around the buffer. I would complete the tutorials so you can make sense of what's happening, then try to follow my instructions.
>>
>>549550

Crazybump, Knald or Xnormal.
>>
Is there any site where people just publicly dump their personal 3D projects and other general small-scale 3D stuff? Something like pixiv or Deviant Art for 3D?
>>
File: whatnow.png (279KB, 1335x766px) Image search: [Google]
whatnow.png
279KB, 1335x766px
>>549684
turbosquid. i got some free stuff there.
>>
>>549710
forgot to ask my question
could someone point me to a good free library for substance painter materials? i need steel, iron, wood and leather materials
>>
>>549684
artstation
>>
>>549711
https://share.allegorithmic.com/
>>
File: FOUNDRYNUKE.jpg (26KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
FOUNDRYNUKE.jpg
26KB, 250x250px
Do anyone here use Nuke?
I have been trying to install it on my Mac and all the instructions to activate it i've found are confusing, I've spent hours trying to and I don't know what else to do, can someone help me? I'm going to post the instructions replying to this post, thanks
>>
>>549726
this are the instructions

SINGLE MACHINE
1.Install Your Foundry Product
2.Install FLT7 (If you already have our rlm server working and running , jump to step 8)
3.Stop Foundry License Server (if you started it, you can easily stop it using the Foundry License utility
/Applications/TheFoundry/LicensingTools7.0/FoundryLicenseUtility)
4.Copy the cracked rlm.foundry over the original one (/Applications/TheFoundry/LicensingTools7.0/bin/RLM/rlm.foundry)
5.Edit xf_foundry.lic replacing HOST_NAME MAC_ADDRESS PORT . You can get those informations using rlmutil,
or you can start Foundry License Utility and choose Diagnostics and Run Diagnostics, you will find your hostname, your mac address (System ID)
PORT is by default 5053 if you dont put any (dont forget to delete the word PORT then if you dont want to specify one) . If you need more infos read RLM manual.

6.Copy the xf_foundry.lic to /Library/Application Support/TheFoundry/RLM/

7.Restart RLM Server you can do that from services or just with Foundry License Utility (the best way to check logs and infos)
Select RLM Server and Click on Start Server

8.Start Your Foundry Product and Enjoy it !!
If you didnt define your env variable you will be prompted to activate : (only the first time)
Click on Activate License or Use Server
As license server you must enter this : port_of_rlm_server@ip_of_rlmserver
if you didnt specify a port it will look like this : 5053@localhost

How do I know my port? Can anyone help me?
>>
>>549726
took me half a year to get Nuke to run with a RLM license server since i found that confusing as hell too.
Once you know how it becomes super easy.
Here, use this crack and it should be working.

https://forum.cgpersia.com/f13/amped-ultimate-rlm-floating-license-server-install-scripts-149824/
>>
>>549733
i don't have an account, is there any way to get it without it?
thanks
>>
>>549742
>that name
>>
>>549726
>>549733
maybe I'm fucking stupid rn but I don't even get a foundry folder when installing nuke. I jest get a nuke folder
>>
>>549744
I have a the foundry folder and a nuke folder
>>
>>549742
>i don't have an account, is there any way to get it without it?
No?
WTF man how much hand holding do you need?
Do you want me to come over and install it for you.
Should i bring Pizza?
>>
>>549749
that would be awesome, thanks
(i got to download the file, thanks from my heart)
>>
It stills requesting me this, what do i do wrong?
>>
>>549750
Have fun nuking stuff.
If you search CGpersia you'll find a fuckton of OFX plugins for Nuke which you can also use.
Frischluft DOF, Neat Video, Twixtor.
There is also VRAY for Nuke.
And with the RLM license server there comes a shitton of other useful plugins and programs.
I really love cracked RLM servers, there are so handy and comfy.
>>
>>549753
oh, didn't saw your post.

if you put this in your browser, is the license server running?

http://localhost:5054/home.asp

Click on Status on the right side: it should show you a list of the licenses running.
Maybe you need to reread/restart the server?
>>
>>549759
it says i can't access the website
and it stills doesn't work, what can i do? :(
>>
>>549768
End it for yourself and give space to the 10% of us left in the world who don't breathe throuth their mouths?
>>
>>549771
thanks, you are helping a lot
>>
>>549759
anyway, does it works in every nuke version? i'm installing 10.0v5 but maybe it just works on 10.0v4 (for example)??
>>
>>549768
If it can't access the server, the server is not running properly.
Did you follow the instructions?
Did you make the install script executable?
Did it run through properly?
Is the RLM server installed?

Go find the directory of the RLM server and start it manually, then look at the Web GUI if its working.

http://127.0.0.1:5053 or http://localhost:5053 or http://127.0.0.1:5054 or http://localhost:5054
either of these should get you to the Web GUI.

I got it installed on Win and Linux, i have no idea of MacOS but i know it should work unless of course you did something wrong or missed something.
Which shouldn't happen since this is an idiot-proof script solution.
Sorry, but i can't help you much more than this, read through the CGpersia thread and search for other RLM threads and hope you'll find a solution.
>>
>>549774
No. i've got 10.0v5 running with this crack, every 10 version should work.
>>
>>549771
Relax.

Just make sure the driver is running and and the default ports should fine, like the above people/person mentioned.

If all else fails, off yourself.
>>
>>549777
>>549775
>>549776
I don't know how many people is helping me or if you are the same guy, but thanks for all, I didn't manage it to do it, this is the failure reason, maybe you can tell me what to do with this, sorry and thanks again

Reason for failure:
RLM : Failed to understand response from server.
FLEXlm : Cannot find license file.
The license files (or license server system network addresses) attempted are
listed below. Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file,
or contact your software provider for a license file.
>>
>>549784
More than one who are helpfully, one who is nasty.

I told you, it took me half a year and i tried at least 10+ times with different version.
RLM is great when it runs without problems but a pain in the ass if it doesn't.
Just don't give up.

Again can you find the RLM directory?
Should be /user/shared/rlm
open a terminal go to the rlm folder and type in ./rlm
open a browser and take a look at the web gui.
If the RLM isn't there something went wrong and its not installed properly.

Before you executed the install.sh did you make it executable?
I don't know how it works in MacOS with the GUI but i know that its " chmod +x ./install.sh " in the terminal.
If you missed this step the install script did nothing, there is no RLM and Nuke can't find the license.
>>
>>549785
>./rlm

terminal says this:

01/31 23:31 (rlm) Web server starting on port 5054
(rlm) Cannot bind Web Server port 5054, exiting
01/31 23:31 (rlm) Local hostname is not in network database.
01/31 23:31 (rlm) This means that the return of the "hostname"
01/31 23:31 (rlm) command is not a known host in your network
01/31 23:31 (rlm) database. Please see your network administrator.
>>
>>549802
you're too stupid for this. kys.
>>
>>549802
sorry but i don't think i can help you any further with that.

If you need a compositing tool right now for free,
you can make an account by the foundry and get a Non-Commercial license for Nuke which lets you use the program but with limitations.

Or download the free version of Fusion, or go open source and download Natron.
Good luck
>>
>>549811
natron is slow af and prone to crashing
>>
File: 1413654466907.jpg (75KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1413654466907.jpg
75KB, 1024x768px
Is there any way to modify Zbrush shortcuts and hotkeys? Im trying to swap left alt with right alt and remap Ctrl+Z to backspace.
>>
>>549812
Beggars can't be choosers.

Like i said, there is Nuke Non commercial, Fusion or Natron...
Anything else costs money or is absolutely useless.

I used Natron for quick slap comps and Multipass merging and it worked.
>>
File: azn bust source.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
azn bust source.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
Is it actually possible to get work in Australia, or am I fucked?
>>
How do I change the white balance in Arnold for C4D? I'm using an HDR and it's really blue. I can't find anything in the Arnold Paramters tag and if I change it in the camera's object tab, it changes the viewport but it's still the same when I render.
>>
File: MODO801_symbol.160.png (10KB, 160x159px) Image search: [Google]
MODO801_symbol.160.png
10KB, 160x159px
Is there a keygen or a full on crack for Modo?
The one on piratebay has 10 seeders, and it's just the installer, not sure if it has a crack/keygen within it.

I've tried other softwares like Maya, 3ds max, and blender. But modo seems the most "accessible" to me in terms of jumping right in. I've been surviving off of Trial Keys with two emails, but I'm running out of time and looking for other options.

If there isn't a reliable crack, then I might subscribe to Modo Indie. Does anyone have experience with this software?
>>
>>549976
there's more than one on there

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/16674825/The_Foundry_Modo_10.1v2_(win_64bit)

try this
>>
>>549978
>tpb
are you 4 real?
>>
>>549981
no reason not to, feds can monitor literally any public tracker. the hubbub over tpb was fueled by fear and stupidity.
>>
>>549982
>>549982
can confirm, my cousin got v& for pirating lumion last year
>>
>>549983
"only" lumion?
>>
>>549984
lumion is pretty powerful, I certainly wouldn't mess with it if I wasn't prepared to deal with the consequences
>>
>>549983
you're one hell of a goofball
>>
>>549986
not as much as my cousin, the mad lad is actually in prison right now
>>
>>549987
he's getting fucked in the ass
>>
>>549978
>>549982
>>549983
I'm not scared of torrenting shit like music or old games. But when it comes to software that's this big, I always get nervous.
I don't even know how to use a vpn correctly let alone if it actually works. (I try to use openvpn)
>>
>>549991
only thing i've ever been contacted about is music, rob zombie specifically. ironically enough he likes that his music is pirated.

https://www.doileak.com/ use this to check if your torrent client is using your vpn and hiding your ip
>>
>>549991
Then why don't you use one click hoster. That way they can't get you for uploading copyright protected stuff.
Its merely "theft".
>>
>>549991
I think i got an email for pirating age of mythology a bunch of years ago
>>
How do I re-orient joints that are already bound to a mesh in maya 2016?
The orientation is all fucked, and I need to align any axis with the next joint so I can make a stretchy IK rig.
As it stands right now no axes are aligned with the joint. I can't scale uniformly in any one direction. It scales diagonally, if that makes sense.
>>
File: 1479251647750.jpg (215KB, 868x650px) Image search: [Google]
1479251647750.jpg
215KB, 868x650px
Anyone know a good edge flow for the blue area? I always have trouble with it because it's such weirdly shaped area but in a vital deformation crease.

>>550051
Skin->Unbind Skin and check "keep history"
Orient the bones
Then Skin->Bind Skin.

The UI design is absolutely retarded because it makes it seem like you are doing a fresh bind skin but the weights are preserved so nothing you enter into the options matters.
>>
File: autodick.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
autodick.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>550083
I've tried that, webm related.
I'm legitimately getting frustrated with this program. This seems like this should be really fucking easy to do, because it's pretty important that joints orient in the right direction.

In this video:
I unbound the skin from the joints, keeping the history.
Every single one of those skinclusters is unbound. I've also tried this after unbinding and removing history as well. Same result.
I fucking REMOVED the offending joint from the hierarchy (I've also tried it without removing it. Same issue).
I made sure all IK chains and constraints were deleted.

I don't know what the fuck is going on. This is ridiculous.
>>
>>550089
After editing the pivot you need to go to Modify>Bake Pivot to make it save the changes.
>>
File: 1486143557459.jpg (219KB, 868x650px) Image search: [Google]
1486143557459.jpg
219KB, 868x650px
>>550083
just follow through with what you already have
>>
File: sup1.png (271KB, 1000x2550px) Image search: [Google]
sup1.png
271KB, 1000x2550px
sup anons, using maya 2016

issue: I want the toilet to be smooth and crease-less (crease seen in pic 3) but I need that edgeloop causing the crease/bump (highlighted in pic 2) to support the hole, so it doesn't look like pic 4 when smoothed.

do I use creases? because I've tried every crease combination I can and it looks ugly each time.. is there something obvious I've just not learned?

I'm the one who is making the ue4 archviz scene posted in the WIP thread, so I'm hardly a straight noob, but this sort of problem has been giving me hassle since I started 3d.
>>
File: 1486940810543.png (95KB, 980x583px) Image search: [Google]
1486940810543.png
95KB, 980x583px
>>551385
how does it look with these vertexes on the end moved up?
>>
>>551402
the vertexes only on the highlighted edgeloop, that is.
>>
File: BadLights.png (439KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
BadLights.png
439KB, 960x540px
I'm trying to model a larger scene for once and I can't get lights to work properly. I have an emissive texture on spheres and mix of glass/transparent on the "cowl" of the lamp, but it's doing a shit job at being a lamp. What am I doing wrong? If I up the strength I get an insane number of fireflies but the light still doesn't spread far enough (below the rafters).
>>
File: BadLights2.png (700KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
BadLights2.png
700KB, 960x540px
>>551609
Pic related, fireflies.
>>
>>551610
needs more light samples.
>>
>>551647
But wouldn't that just get rid of the fireflies, not increase the distance the light casts?
>>
>>551650
oh my bad i didn't read properly. What is the light decay set to? most default to quadratic decay.
>>
File: BadLightsFix.png (605KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
BadLightsFix.png
605KB, 960x540px
>>551651
It's now set to 1 and linear. I suspected I needed to edit that, but I had no idea how to get to it or what it was called in Cycles - thanks for the tip.
>>
File: TinyCam.png (12KB, 911x752px) Image search: [Google]
TinyCam.png
12KB, 911x752px
Why is my camera so gotdamn tiny? It doesn't render out as far as it needs to despite being set to 50m and it looks like this pitiful little thing instead of what it usually is. What did I mess up?
>>
>>551888
>It doesn't render out as far as it needs to
what does this mean
>>
File: ss (2017-02-16 at 10.01.50).png (19KB, 256x257px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-02-16 at 10.01.50).png
19KB, 256x257px
>>551927
I fixed it, but - there's literally an option for clipping the camera so that it doesn't render farther than X distance.
>>
Anyone use a ultrawide monitor for any work here? I got to use an older panel, and now I want one.
I'm mostly just concerned about the curved panels. I've never gotten to use a curved panel for a monitor, but liked them as far as tvs. It's going to be used for everything, web, games, works, etc. Just don't want anything that will negatively effect work.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.