[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /3/ know any good introductory tutorials to maya? Like straight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Autodesk-Maya-logo.png (521KB, 819x819px) Image search: [Google]
Autodesk-Maya-logo.png
521KB, 819x819px
Does /3/ know any good introductory tutorials to maya? Like straight up interface and editing tutorials. Moving from blender/Zbrush to maya/zbrush.
>>
>>545907

piratebay.se
>>
>>545907
there is like a gorillion of them on youtube, stop beeing dumb
>>
Have you tried Lynda.com? They have tons of tutorials for several 3D programs.
>>
Go with 3ds max
>>
>>545907
Digital tutors pluralsight has a good maya 2017 intro stores
>>
>>547055
I haven't looked up Lynda tutorials for Maya but usually everything Lynda puts out is crap. The same goes for most of Digital Tutors
>>
>>547069
idiot
>>
>>547082
The digital tutors pluralsight maya 2017 tutorial isn't crap, it's a good overview of the latest maya and you can skip around it if u want. We have a subscription at my work since many of their tutorials are up to date. Gnomon workshop also has a good maya 2016 intro that showcased some advanced features that are very useful to a beginner
>>
>>545907
> "I bought winrar and pirated Maya now what?"
>>
>>547125

Shutup. Professionals do AAA+ content every day with max.
>>
>>547163
Depends on what you do. A lot of people who do architectural shit use Max, many who animate use Maya. People who mostly do motion graphics and/or animation use cinema3d.
>>
>>547171
Thankfully this is the internet back alley know as 4Chan, and speaking about things you have no actual experience with is OK.
>>
>>547171
>>547171
Sorry meant that as a reply to the idiot post.
>>
>>546978
But he's coming from Blender. He just wants something basic that'll let him translate the two interfaces completely
>>
>>545907
If you know blender, stay with it. Don't be fucking dumb bud.
>>
>>547163
>>547171
exactly this, there's a reason the teach maya at universities, cos it's the industry standard, the reason it's the industry standard is cos they teach it at uni. I wasn't calling you an idiot for implying max was better, I was calling you an idiot for telling him to learn max.

idiot.
>>
>>547326
I would believe unis teach 3ds/maya cause they're industry standards. As for what program studios decide to use, I sure hope it's based on more practical concerns than "because a lot of people know it", because a competent user shouldn't need more than a couple weeks to learn a different modeling program at a usable level.
>>
>>547326
>there's a reason the teach maya at universities, cos it's the industry standard
yes
>the reason it's the industry standard is cos they teach it at uni
no.

The reason why maya/max are industry standards are because they:
>have the best tools for what they do (maya for animation, 3ds for modeling).
>have been used for the longest amount of time.

That being said, the fact that it's the "industry standard" does not mean it's better at a hobbyist level.
There isn't any point to switch programs "because the industry uses it", for the average /3/ user, unless you are trying to get a job, or are specifically looking to use tools that your own program cannot offer.

This is honestly all pointless anyway, since once you learn all the programs you just use whatever one has the best tools for what you want to do. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.