[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /3/ critique this face? Something seems off to me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: face7.png (331KB, 781x776px) Image search: [Google]
face7.png
331KB, 781x776px
Can /3/ critique this face?
Something seems off to me.
>>
File: legend.jpg (169KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
legend.jpg
169KB, 700x700px
>>545900
that nose, philtrum and mouth make me want to kill myself lol
>>
>>545900
looks like a pack of dogs each took a creamy shit on his head while trying to scoot away at the same time
>>
>>545903
Yeah the bridge looks anorexic and the nostrils are too flat. The mouth is a WIP. I think the cheeks are kinda throwing me off too?
>>545904
Yeah definately. the color is way off. The normal texturing looks like shit too. Do you have any suggestions for fixing it, other than color?
>>
>>545900
Give more views

The face looks a bit long
Ears are too far back and close to the head
Push the cheeks back into the face a bit then pull them outwards

Looks like a relative of tracer that got the odd genes.
>>
File: gummo-bathtub-scene.jpg (289KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
gummo-bathtub-scene.jpg
289KB, 2000x1500px
>>545900

gummo/10
>>
>>545912
oh god dont remind me of this shit
>>
>>545900
No form.
Anatomy is one thing (size/position of everything), but the actual shapes of the face is another challenge. You gotta learn planes of the face to represent them properly, the mouth for example is composed of four alternating planes (with more complex sub-planes) while yours is more akin to a slit into a blob. A nose also isn't teardrop-shaped.

Taking anatomy takes time and effort, but you gotta do it if you want your character sculpts not to look ridiculous.
>>
File: 230832de29ff2ce9ae6d0b8956ebbedc.jpg (794KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
230832de29ff2ce9ae6d0b8956ebbedc.jpg
794KB, 1920x1080px
>>545900
You are missing a lot of the major plane changes in the face. Thinks like the brow ridge and the bulge of the eyeball within the socket. You seem to be "symbol sculpting" where instead of looking at how a face actually follows planes, you're sculpting based on your own internal interpretation of what a face looks like. Study the planes of the face first, then work on some anatomy.
As far as the texturing goes, it could use some work. I see that you're using a photo, but you're using it with shadows. Those shadows in the photo appear because of the light hitting the form of the face - it's entirely about form. Since you model is the form, you don't want shadows in your diffuse. Try just color picking from the photo,adding some imperfections here and there by clone-stamping or painting. Also look into the color zones of the face, skin is transluscent and you get many different colors coming through different areas of the body (ie: the red about the eyes/nose because the skin is thinner and you can see more blood beneath). Don't worry about pore detail/lip detail, that'll come with your displacement map.
As far as hair goes, I would suggest approaching it more as ribbons than tubes. Tubes tend to read as dreads or just weird shapes. Even with stylized characters, their hair looks like the sum of a series of ribbons forming a shape with usually 4 flat sides
>>
>>545900
The hair looks like someone took a shit on his head.
>>
>>545900
these eyebrows and eyelashes look top notch
>>
>>545900
>no visible depth below the eye
>indent around the nose seems off
>eye socket looks flat

Either those or your lighting is too bright
>>
>>545904
Looks like trump's hair rotated 90 degrees to the right.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.