[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

catia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: full1_metro_last_light.jpg (520KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
full1_metro_last_light.jpg
520KB, 1920x1080px
does catia work the same way as solidworks?

does it have the same user interface?
>>
>>545781
maybe.
>>
>>545781
no.
>>
>>545781
yes.
>>
>>545781
perhaps
>>
>>545781
kill yourself.
>>
>>545781
Possibly
>>
>>545782
>>545784
>>545785
>>545790
>>545791
>>545820
This is some reddit tier humor you guys got going in here, the guy asked a simple question.
>>
File: 1461601589905.gif (55KB, 675x227px) Image search: [Google]
1461601589905.gif
55KB, 675x227px
>>545821
I see you are new here
Here is your answer
Yes
No
Maybe
>>
catia seems like the most complicated software ever.

solidworks is supposed to be intuitive' so go figure.
>>
>>545821
What I don't understand is why people think making stupid replies is a contribution.

>>545824
best answer so far
>>
File: WM9Z0YG.jpg (31KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
WM9Z0YG.jpg
31KB, 500x364px
If you get solidworks but not catia then you're really not much of an engineer/designer.

They're both CAD. Given, catia does have a horrible french infographic GUI and will take a day to learn.
>>
>>545826
we obviously don't you fucking turbotard
>>
>>545832
then why fucking bother?
>>
>>545837
this thread is shit so it's met with shitposting.
>does catia work the same way as solidworks?
google some tutorials or rtfm.
>does it have the same user interface?
again just google that shit.
>>
>>545781
As someone who's worked with both:

They're pretty similar in how your workflow will be with them. The biggest issues with CATIA are that it'll take you a lot of time to figure out where some features are hidden. The UI is somewhat a pain (and they reworked the whole thing into CATIA v6).

Additionally, CATIA features are very much split up into different workbenches. The most often used would be generic shape design, part design and product design. With those you'll be able to do most simple shape working.

However, the big thing with CATIA is that it's very production-oriented. There are toolboxes for sheetmetal design, tubing, cables, etc.

They have somewhat different movement mechanics. Biggest, and most surprising difference is that zooming works oppositely in both programs. You're both owned by the same company guys, what the fuck.
>>
>>545947
will imported models from solidworks keep their dimensions?
>>
>>546006
Neither software package is able to read the native model files of the other. However, both can save and import step files so if you just want to use a model from one in the other you're fine.

However, those models will be dumb solids of course, they won't conserve the feature list from the other program.
>>
>>546011
damn
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.