[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What 3d program is best for what? Just starting to get serious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
What 3d program is best for what?

Just starting to get serious about CG and of course am using blender cause it's free. I have experience with Maya because I took a class with it, but I want to know where the pitfalls of these programs are. When is it bad to use blender, maya, zbrush, other. And when is it good?
>>
Any popular program can handle all 3D tasks ok. I'd say in your situation to use Maya though- you shouldn't have any problems with it in regards to compatibility.
>>
>>545512
>And when is it good?

When the studio / class / collaborative project requires it.

They're all basically the same, the only pitfalls with Blender is that you can't just push the 'render' button and get a good result, you need to actually know what you're doing and set things up.

It's why most shit looks awful in Blender, people just use the default lighting, the default materials, the default render settings, AND are beginners with poor topology, poor understanding of composition, poor understanding of color theory.

Add all that together and you end up with garbage, but that's not Blender's fault.
>>
>>545512
Just stick with Blender. They all do mostly the same stuff.

I've only used C4D and Blender thus far, and I prefer Blender.
>>
>>545512
blender doesn't let you adjust the skin weights of individual vertices

3ds max > maya > rest > blender
>>
File: blendur.png (198KB, 1102x832px) Image search: [Google]
blendur.png
198KB, 1102x832px
>>545583
>>545583
What are you talking about? Please stop talking.
>>
>>545584
well ok but blender doesn't have sculpting tools

zbrush >>>>>>blender
>>
>>545583
> blender
Actually dead last is Animation Master
>>
>>546057
Don't they have add-ons for that
>>
>>546059
>go to hash.com
>see same wonky art from 10-15 years ago
How are they still around selling software? Is it a cult or something?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.