[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to rip a 3d model from a tv show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 20161216_130639.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161216_130639.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Is there a way to rip a 3d model from a tv show?
>>
Yes of course. You just have to run the tv show through blender and it will give you an obj file.

Unfortunately only blender works for this, since Autodesk is behind the curve a little when it comes to technological advances like this.
I'm sure in a few years they'll catch up though. Give it maybe 3-4 versions before they're up to par. Anyway, good luck OP.
>>
What you are watching are images of a render. There is no 3d models in renders, just pixels. So no rip.
>>
yes there is a device in ebay called "the ripper" you just hook it to your tv and it rips all the mp4 obj and avi's straight from your TV set

only issue it costs like half a million :/
>>
>>544928
If the tv show rotates around the object with constant lighting then you can use photogrammetry to stitch the images to a 3d-file.
>>
Is there a way to download a car from the internet?
>>
>>544956
You wouldn't do that
>>
>>544928

And the dumbest question award goes to...
>>
>>544969
Fuck you, yes I would
>>
>>544928
yeah you just press Rip and it downloads it
>>
>>544955
And the object has to be static during this time. It's probably easier to steal it.
>>
>>544952
But ripping .mp4 and .avi Files isn't hard
>>
>>545039
LET IT RIP
>>
>>544928
yeah extract the .tv file you downloaded and it should have all of the assets used in the show

check the ~/3d/obj/ folder and just import it into blender
>>
>>544928
Just tell us, are you underage, brown or both
>>
>>544955
Wasn't expecting anything plausible in this thread.
>>
>>545075

you can go into aftereffects and create scene motion tracking and with a little tweaking only the object in question will rotate, it can autocomp for scale too.
>>
File: 1481688656926.jpg (69KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481688656926.jpg
69KB, 900x900px
No OP... no
>>
File: IMG_0916.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0916.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>544928
I used to have a cat just like that, OP. Sadly we had to put him down a couple of years ago. He got some virus that was fulling his stomach up with fluids and was pushing all his other organs to the side. Real brutal stuff. I do miss him.

Pic related.
>>
google: Monocular 3D Scene Reconstruction
>>
>>544928
this is exactly why I love /3 compared to any other 3d/artist community. this and how crutique goes here,
>>
>>544955
teah sure, OP will be able to do it, he's a bright kid according from his question
>>
>>546706
your cat looks like a nice guy anon, biology sucks.
>>
>>546706
aww :(
>>
it is always possible, just program a neural network and give it tons of input data ofcats, also in 3D and it should be able to reproduce a cat in 3D from this tv show or whatever else, maybe a character
>>
>>546734
talking about input data as image files and mentioned 3d models. theres even a program that can reproduce simple 3d models from an image if you give it the edge lines or whatever, but it has never been released and used a shitt algorithm. (but it worked fine)
>>
>>546706
Did you put him down by suffocating him in that box?
>>
>>544928

Actually there are software programs that will attempt to create a 3d image from a 2d photo, I don't know much about them since they're generally tech demo tier useless nonsense
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.