[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3D as a saturated field

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 0197411.jpg (17KB, 506x289px) Image search: [Google]
0197411.jpg
17KB, 506x289px
first off i wanna say that my English isn't my first language so i apologize in advance.

there are many threads going around talking about working in the industry and being prepared for it, but i haven't seen a major discussion towards the problem of over-saturation in 3D.

i under why someone would want to learn 3D, its friggin cool and fun. but how many of those newcomers actually plan longterm and want to break into the industry?
seems like for junior positions you need to have a perfect 10/10 portfolio (maybe im overshooting but you do need alot) and there aren't many companies hiring in proportions to the artists that are available (and plenty of them are good).
seems to me like the game industry is closing its doors and indie and self employed is becoming the new hot.
in freelance clients have outrageous demands but i can put up with that as long as it gives me work.
my question is, since there are so many good artists out there - is it even worth trying to break in the industry?
seems like the VR market is booming and that's where we are headed and im ok with that.
anyone care to give his thoughts on this subject?
>>
If you're starting from nothing, your goal should not be to make it into "the industry".
>>
the vr market isnt booming
>>
>>544745
not starting from nothing, iv worked in the field before, just not much.
>>
>>544734
Fuck the industry make your own rules and charge out the ass. It's the only way you'll survive.
>>
>>544760
thanks. i guess i need to stop being a pussy about it
>>
>>544756
Show your work
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.