[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First attempt at modeling, on a scale from 1 to 10 how shit is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Toast render.png (109KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Toast render.png
109KB, 960x540px
First attempt at modeling, on a scale from 1 to 10 how shit is it?
>>
>>543809
Is that supposed to be mickey mouse's head?
>>
>>543816
Its supposed to be a piece of toast drawn in ms paint.
>>
>>543809
set the specular intensity to 0 on the material
>>
>>543809
you can't really judge progress by lokking at just one piece
>>
>>543839
This
Do the whole loaf
>>
>>543809
I'm still very new to blender so my input might be worthless. I would have done the outline of the toast with the curve tool. It would have been faster, easier, and would look better. Maybe you were going for the boxy ms paint aesthetic?

>>543822
This dude is right. You want it to be more matte
>>
>>543849
The only reason to use curves in blender is if you want to guide an object along that curve. Subdiv mod would do the same thing you're thinking about
>>
>>543850
Curve tool is used to model things that are round. If curves are only used as a guide for animations, then why is there a convert curve to mesh function? It's way faster to use the curve to model round things than it is to go by hand and add a bunch of vertices along a curve. I agree though the subdivide function would smooth this particular model out.
>>
>>543809
>on a scale from 1 to 10

Anon, stop thinking in these terms. Ask yourself this, "How long did I spend making this?"

The less time you spent, most likely the shittier it is.

Good job on getting this far, now do more tutorials, fag.
>>
File: breadthread.jpg (23KB, 1046x760px) Image search: [Google]
breadthread.jpg
23KB, 1046x760px
>>543851
Blender has a ton of features that have been neglected but are still present in the current version. Curves are still useful for what I mentioned earlier, but theres no reason to use curves when modeling when subdivs do the same thing. This model took 1 minute to do and I'm wondering how you could improve that by using curves.
>>
>>543856
This is an extremely simple object to model. You aren't going to have such and easy time modeling a baroque piece of furniture or a Celtic or tribal design.
>>
File: curves.png (29KB, 1246x790px) Image search: [Google]
curves.png
29KB, 1246x790px
>>543858
You were given enough tools to do what curves do without having to add the extra step of converting cuves, cleaning up your verts, and then working with geometry this way anyway. Why add the extra step?
>>
>>543861
Admittedly, I am new to blender. What kind of object is that? How did you get a line without faces and not use the curve tool?
>>
>>543863
you would take a single vertex and extrude it around like you want. This is on an object with a subdiv modifier active on it.
>>
>>543809
there was a game that its 3d objects and overall design looked like this. hell i cant remember it but it was part of my child hood.

great toast
>>
>>543809
good enough to make the next big meme game
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.