[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: 4.png (24KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
24KB, 800x800px
Hey fellas, i'm making art for a game, rate it.

also, while we're at it, post your art too so we can do the same.
>>
File: 5.png (27KB, 788x773px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
27KB, 788x773px
>>543691
>>
File: Sem título 2.png (39KB, 858x493px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título 2.png
39KB, 858x493px
>>543692
>>
File: rat1.png (18KB, 716x565px) Image search: [Google]
rat1.png
18KB, 716x565px
>>543693
>>
If they're sprites for a 3D low res RPG or something, then yeah they're pretty good
>>
>>543691
very nostalgic
>>
>>543691
>>543692
I like your style but the black dude needs more contrast. he's just a blob of dark brown.
>>
>>543691

Love it. Very consistent.
>>
like it desu
>>
>>543695
They're models for a roguelike ish game.

>>543704
yea, although his clothes and the background dont really help. i'm trying to constrain myself to a 32 color pallete on the textures, its tough.
>>
>>543741
samefagging to complement that the 32 colors are shared by all textures, so its 32 colors for the whole game.
>>
>>543741
then give him some different colored pants you git
>>
>>543744
yeah, i didnt make different pants yet, its just the same pants as the other guy. the characters are gonna be customizable and equipment swappable so i'm gonna make more pants.
>>
Dis looks like animal crossing style rpg stuff. good job.
>>
>>
Post wires what's your topology like?
>>
>>543878

here's the next best thing

https://sketchfab.com/models/cacdea1f584c49a5b3c7229502cd5710
>>
>>543880
Newbie question here, why does it look like you made another layer over your figure?
>>
>>543903
because i did. its the outline.
i made another layer with the normals inverted and mapped each 'sector' to a single pixel, so i can color them in the texture, resulting in an outline.
>>
>>543904
Thanks! Btw are you making the game yourself or do you provide the models?
>>
>>543905
i'm making the game together with a team of 3. its not our only game in the making though, so i have to do a lot of stuff.
>>
>>543691
>>543692
cute af style, good luck with your game anon
>>
>>543691
that hair and green dress looks really fucky. the outlines are messed up bad
>>
>>543692
At first I didn't realize he was wearing pants and it looked like he was naked with a white bow around his penis. Maybe make the trousers a different colour?
>>
>>544080
care to explain? there definitely is room for improvement but i dont really get what you're talking about

>>544082
the player will be able to change clothes so there will be definitely different items.
>>
When you uv models like this do you try to relax the uvs like a normal model? I'm just curious the process you use for making the textures and all.
>>
>>544256
i unwrap like normal but i use the 'Snap to pixels' option in blender and also make sure that the texels are consistent.
>>
>>544260
texels?
>>
>>544310
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+are+texels
>>
Looks painfully generic. Good luck though.
>>
>>543691
I like the design, but feel like the face is off. Either needs more detail or less. Doesn't fit with his body.
>>
File: fleche0001.gif (578KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
fleche0001.gif
578KB, 270x270px
>>543691
I like it a lot!

I've been lurking here for a couple weeks, because I just picked up Blender and I'm playing around with it. I still don't know how textures work.

I was trying to figure out how to make that outline effect a couple days ago, but I couldn't. I know it has to do with back face culling, but it only works in 3D view for me. When I render it, it renders the back faces. How'd you get it to work?
>>
>>544679
its called freestyle. you can do it both in blender internal and cycles.

set the material to shadeless and enable freestyle, make a thick outline.
also you would have to render your animation for it to work
>>
File: fleche0002.gif (777KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
fleche0002.gif
777KB, 270x270px
>>544680
Yeah, I was messing around with that but I wasn't satisfied with the result.The line thickness doesn't vary at all, and you can't change the color of the lines. It's pretty fickle with the line placement as well.

The particular technique I'm talking about works like this:

http://jeffhung.weebly.com/chibioutlinetrick.html

But I can't it to not render the back faces.
>>
>>544681
http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/35805/getting-an-outline-with-backface-culling-blender-render

copying an answer for you. sorry i can't say it plainly because i haven't tried it before
>>
>>544682
It's okay! Thank you for your help. I actually stumbled across this thread before.

The answer in that thread says "It will not come out in rendered view and will only show in texture view," so it leads me back to my dilemma.
>>
>>544684
well you can still use it for games!
i think you need to parent both the models when animating.
no shame in capturing viewport
>>
>>543691
meh
>>
>>544685
Ah, yeah, that's true! But that's a long way away I think. I can't figure out how to make a working game, either! I picked up Unity a couple days ago, and I even just tried getting that animation to work in it and I couldn't figure out how to do that on my own. I'll need some tutorial or something.

Anyways, thanks a million! I'll try to put the model in the engine tomorrow and see how it turns out!
>>
>>543691
>>543692
>Sword is sharp
>face is pixelated
fucking why ?
>>
Funny that no game ever used a mix of pixel art textures and inverted hull outlines. 5th couldn't do outlines properly, as Playstation lacked both z-buffer to render it properly and processing power to render duplicated models. Well, it could do it, but would look like complete ass, with fucked outlines and extremely low poly models, that's why no one did it.
Meanwhile in the 6th generation textures usually got filtered and pixel art wasn't used in texturing.

It's a strange mix that may look better in low resolution. Sorta like the indie games with "8 bit" art and modern effects in different resolutions. Looks too uncanny. The outline should be pixelated too, and I believe this cannot be done using the inverted hull method, unless you find a way to render it in a different resolution.
>>
Nice work op! Reminds me of old Nintendo DS games, since their models often used simple pixel palettes too, though I don't remember any using outlines due to the hard-set tri limits the hardware imposed.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.