[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>job offer >look the requirements >3ds/maya >photoshop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: you-make-me-sick-photo-u1.jpg (36KB, 629x582px) Image search: [Google]
you-make-me-sick-photo-u1.jpg
36KB, 629x582px
>job offer
>look the requirements
>3ds/maya
>photoshop
>after effects
>unity
>pay undisclosed

are these people for real?
>>
whats the problem?
>>
you can learn all of those skills but not master them.

photoshop and unity alone are huge programs that take years to master.
and if you are good in all those programs, they sure as shit need to come up with a good pay
>>
File: ingress_SkipAway_dangerous.jpg (51KB, 899x692px) Image search: [Google]
ingress_SkipAway_dangerous.jpg
51KB, 899x692px
JAP'S INGRESS burglar player SkipAway.
>>
Seems about normal
>>
>>542779
That offer come with a job description, or is it just from Mystery Joe in Kabul, Afghanistan looking for a person with all these skills for "unspecified shenanigans"?
>>
>>542818
it specified that the person needs to know modeling,texturing,rigging,animation,programming and edit videos.

for a skillset like this, how much would you pay? and if you could, wouldn't it be better to hire 2-3 people instead?
>>
>>542824
How much would I pay/Would others pay?
Minimum wage or less generally
You're competing against people who will work for 6 cents an hour so why would anyone ever pay you?
>>
>>542843
This is a lie unless you're working with Chinese. Indians, Arabs, Turks, etc, they aren't fucking living in sand huts with a windows XP. India is actually becoming very prominent in coding and 3D. You could probably see 8+, but If I was an employer, I'd target Chinese freelance specifically, and if not them Russians.
>>
I do graphic design & I probably use 3ds max, Ps/Ai & Ae more than any other program; so not sure what the problem is.

Additionally, it's funny that Unity is something they want because recently I've been thinking how useful something like a game engine would be for displaying things on signs (versus re-rendering video for every change).
>>
>>542779
>requirements
thats what their ideal is
doesn't mean that they literally expect you be a master of all of these programs.

>>542824
If its a small studio they might prefer the generalist because they can't afford to pay 2-3 people.
If its a bigger studio the job description sounds like a Lead position.

All in all it smells a little fishy.
>>
>>542782
>>542787
Software≠Skill
>>
>>542849
because its like a ad that says you need to be proficient in zbrush.

there are a few levels of expertise zbrush. just like there are few levels of expertise in unity.
"just know a lil bit of this ;)" does not fly with me because i need to know exactly what is needed
>>
>>542843
i don't know a person alive that is proficient in all of these programs.
if that was true, we would see alot of self made games and movies pop up.
>>
>>542847
>India is actually becoming very prominent in coding and 3D
The company I work for has an office in India and whenever there's an important/interesting project they won't get to work on it. They fuck up so much basic shit that one of us has to spend double the amount of time fixing all of it.
>>
So it's fine to pirate copies of these software for making a portfolio?
>>
>>542915
have some family working in IT and I can pretty much confirm a similar experience, India undersells but their reliability is pretty much zero
>>
>>542779
You think thats bad?
try requirements like
>at lest 3 shipped titles
>5+ years of experience
>mastery of maya/max phothosp zbrush and few others
>portfolio
And not for a lead, but for a fucking junior modeler at some no name studio you never heard of with half dead website
Ive seen plenty of postings like this
>>
>>542915
I'm not saying they're all great but to pretend India is not becoming a part of the industry like Canada has is silly. Indians are coy enough to understand that they can charge good fees while like you said, doing subpar work. There are good Indian coders as we freelance with them sometimes, but I can completely agree that there are a lot of dunderheads in foreign countries as well.

Just don't expect to charge Chinese prices, which I wouldn't even bother with desu. As a note to everyone, you could hire decent Russian Artists for dollars and come out with an alright looking game/film. I would use vk as a starting point and you could branch out from there to find your slaves. :^)
>>
File: screenshot000.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot000.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
You do realise that this is standard, right?
Unless you want to be some cockmlngling junior entry coffe maker in a studio, you got to be elastic. Max / PS / substance painter / maxscript / ACE / c# scripting / unity 3d / unreal are pretty much standards in the industry, and its really good to know them, because you WILL need them.
>>
>>542972
yes but that's entry level job for a big company and its okay.
you have to build your way up.
im talking about people that demand you to build them an entire app with all the graphical/musical components

>>542977
aside from knowing unreal/unity/c#/c++ i don't see why would an employer want AE/composition skills. its pretty much a different field
>>
>>542998
i did some composition work when client want a presentation of LP model (from tank simulator) rendered with some shit inphgraphics for some military expo. So you just never know what will hit You. Also, after effect still handles 32bit depth PNGs better than photoshop.
>>
>>542977
I've never seen zip ties like these.
>>
>>543012
Thats true, they were meant to be plastic, but i changed mind and made them metal (there was not enough metal stuff on it, and toom any dielectric materials). Too bad metal zip ties usually have holes (it'd be bad for textures), not teeth, so i've improvised using this https://zippytieman.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/german-hose-clamps-300x250.png with plastic zip tie lock.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.