[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>18 >uk student what sort of 3D models make uni's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 3dstudentsin2016lul.jpg (47KB, 885x614px) Image search: [Google]
3dstudentsin2016lul.jpg
47KB, 885x614px
>18
>uk student
what sort of 3D models make uni's dicks hard?
using maya btw
>>
any model

and we are not just talking about models. textures,shading,lightning and composition should be on par with your modeling
>>
>>542557

what unis you looking at?

for a lot of unis having /any/ experience in maya is a plus, though they dont care about it as much as they do your academic ability (where applicable) since you'll be taught maya from scratch anyway
>>
got into one of Canada's top 3D/vfx schools
turns out they don't even expect students to know 3D, first semester was spent entirely learning 3D basics (they only taught us how to unwrap a prism in november)
ffs they didn't even introduce polygonal modeling until the third week
i don't know what to believe anymore
>>
good ones you twat
>>
WHY WOULD YOU GO TO UNI FOR THIS
>>
>>542557
definitely not this one
>>
>>542557
Don't go to uni for 3D (or anything creative related) unless you're a 1000% sure it's a good course. In the UK, at least.
>>
>>542639
Can confirm. I'm in Bournemouth Uni ("we are da best") and it's absolutely trash. Just torrent digitaltutors and get a Scott Eaton online course or something
>>
>>542557
(Samefagging from previous post)
My portfolio was pretty average and I got offers from Hertfordshire, Arts University Bournemouth, Bournemouth University (both CVA and CAA courses). But the best part is that 50% of the students here didn't use Maya (or Max, even Blender) at all before.

You can get in if you're at least a little good at... Something. But again. Studying 3D is a waste of time and money. On all employment fairs guys like double negative, ILM etc if you're into that sorta thing say they don't care about your diploma.

You could get a nice online course or tutorials or self study but the real challenge is discipline. Now the uni helps a bit but you're left to your own devices 80% of the time. AUB is best with actual rigourous training from 9 to 5 or something every day. Try MET Film or NFTS as an alternative, they are more rigourous and overall pretty neat.
>>
start with youtube
work your way up with advanced tutorials
after a year or so attempt signing to an intensive online course (artstation offers those).

and most importantly, assert your goals from day 1.
don't skip between specialties like i did, know what you want to be good at.
>>
>>542709
>and most importantly, assert your goals from day 1.
I wanted to be so good that I was burned at the stake for sorcery. Unfortunately I'm now working really dangerous non industry jobs
>>
>>542557
If you aren't going to Gnomon or Full Sail, there's no point.

>>542707
>Studying 3D is a waste of time and money.

You go to Gnomon or Full Sail for the connections, for the networking, for learning from people who are actual pros, and to go from being a good 3d artist into a great 3d artist.
>>
>>542735
If you go to gnomon, of Calgary, is agree with you. The confections you make here are with peasants though
>>
>>542705
you on CAA or CVA?
>>
>>542705
caa cva?
>>
>>542705
seconded. we have 'world class' lecturers who know fuck all
>>
>>542710
3D have lots of fields
>>542735
>Full Sail
>>
>>542745
>>542746
CAA. I should have gone CVA imo
>>
>>542759
yeah you fucked up

first year CAA is garbage apparently, learn some python and some C/C++ then ask to change courses
>>
>>542777
Too late, year 2. I'm just making the best of my free time with irresponsible projects together with friends
>>
>>542784
I'm CVA year 2.

A/S/L meet w115 monday. xo
>>
>>542786
Don't forget vaseline
>>
>>542790
You better not be talking shit about the Vaseline, I'll find you, and i will kill you, today
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.