[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a drawfag (not the best drawfag, but whatever). I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 3d azuka.jpg (44KB, 564x649px) Image search: [Google]
3d azuka.jpg
44KB, 564x649px
I'm a drawfag (not the best drawfag, but whatever).
I'm going to study software engineering in my college.

My point is, I would love to become an animator but my taco shithole has pretty much nothing on terms of studios or even proper animation shit.

My goal is to make my own animations, so I want to make this thread about how would you design an animation software to help you out to make an animation as cheaply as possible while having the best quality.

As for my idea is to basically make a 3D software, and allow you to draw vector lines in a 3D space, and obviously being able to tween and modify the lines depending on the frame.

So, in a sense you draw a pose and then simply rig it like a 3D model and tween the lines (since they're vector lines anyway) like some illustrator pen tool, similar to SAI pen tool and blender pencil tool.

The goal is to reuse the lines between frames and do simple 3D animation techniques because the lines will be stick to a 3D rig.

Something like paperman with some twist.

Of course being able to edit the lines in every frame would be a good idea.

The coloring could be maybe voxels or something, like zbrush 2D painting skills or some way similar to zbrush, the material inside, so you sculpt the 3D planes by painting them like a photoshop brush.

Of course the lightning could be calculated by some toon shader or toon algorithm, but you could edit the shadow boundaries I think in some way, maybe having a mask you could edit.

Dunno, these are some of my ideas.
pls feel free to add some on your own.

Basically picking the best ideas from photoshop, illustrator, zbrush, SAI, paperman and other software, focused entirelly towards 2D animation.
>>
Dont pay money for schooling on something that can be self taught. Job market sucks, so there are little returns on what you've described as a shitty education. Just git good, build a portfolio and put yourself out there. Someone's bound to nibble.
>>
>>541338
>As for my idea is to basically make a 3D software,
the fuck

>and allow you to draw vector lines in a 3D space, and obviously being able to tween and modify the lines depending on the frame.
this already exists, you can find similar solutions in old siggraph vids, it never gained any traction
hell, i even saw solutions for applying tablet strokes to a full 3d rig

there is even some Jap software that does what you want already, it takes a 2d drawing and allows you to rig it in 2d space
just look up what already on the market ...
>>
>>541338
software engineer and animation have nothing to do with each other
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.