[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does blender have an equivalent to 3ds maxs subdivide modifi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

does blender have an equivalent to 3ds maxs subdivide modifier? i found it great, when used with relax, to make weathered/eroded objects.

docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/15/ENU/3ds-Max-Help/index.html?url=files/GUID-67E7E333-585A-4753-8A3A-FFD4A69957A6.htm,topicNumber=d30e102095
>>
File: remesh.png (138KB, 1224x782px) Image search: [Google]
remesh.png
138KB, 1224x782px
Try the remesh modifier
>>
>>541348

thanks, ive tried experimenting with the remesh modifier but it doesn't preserve the shape of more complex objects
>>
yea you retarad its CALLED THE FUCKING SUB DIVIDE MODIFER
>>
I think the Subdivide modifier along with Split Edges MIGHT work.

>>541616
Just the Subdivide modifier smooths everything out, though, dummy.
>>
>>541642
ALL OP ASKED IF THERE WAS SUDIVIDE MODIFIER IN BLENDER YOU FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>541644

You're misunderstanding the purpose and results of that particular subdivide modifier.

>>541642

Thanks. I'll give that a go but not confident itll work. Would be handy to have a modifier that'll convert a mesh into evenly sized triangles while preserving it's shape.
>>
>>541705

yes blender has a subdivide modifier ...
i am not 100% sure what effect you exactly are trying to recreate

But overall you can get a lot more controll over the modifier and how it affects your modell by using either directly the split edge modifier

OR

you can do it by hand to a much greater extent trough assigning crease weights (not sure if weight is the right word here)
>>
>>543312

oh and to convert faces into triangles you can do that trough the face special menu in edit mode.

(ctrl+f and then select quads to tris or tirangulate quads or something like that)

But the result most likley will need a lot of fine tuning (a lot of which can be somewhat done by selecting even areas and pressing shift+alt+f.

This will try and average and even out the selected faces in relatin to each other.

Not perfect but it will probably make the job a bit easier for you.
>>
File: subsurf.png (80KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
subsurf.png
80KB, 1000x800px
>>541326
blender has a subdivision surface modifier and in it you can change the algorithm from "catmull-clark" to "simple". what this does is subdivides the geometry without changing the model's shape. then it would just be a matter of going into edit mode and ctrl-t to triangulate each polygon.

going off of the link you provided, i have not came across a tool in blender that would help make each traingle equilateral. you might get lucky and find a script someone made, but i'm certainly not aware of one.
>>
use the normal subdivide modifier, then in edit mode edge crease (shift e) edges to adjust your smoothing
>>
There's also a triangulate modifier in blender, just sayin
>>
File: dyn.png (83KB, 1373x984px) Image search: [Google]
dyn.png
83KB, 1373x984px
blender used to have a beautify subdivide option that would subdivide longer edges first and then work its way down. This feature is now missing. Most of the suggestions in this thread completely miss what OP is trying to do.
>>541616
>>541644

you retard

>>543950
You might as well just subdivide with no smoothing then

>>543966
triangulate doesnt add smaller details on large surfaces like OP wants.

OP, the closest thing in blender you can mess around with is the sculpt mode. Enable dynamic topology and go wild. It will add the kind of detail you're looking for on the fly but its not a modifier. The detail you set in will be set with no revert option later on down the line.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.