[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i'm trying to model a pice for D&D night any beginner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Furshit Body modeled.jpg (276KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Furshit Body modeled.jpg
276KB, 2048x2048px
so i'm trying to model a pice for D&D night any beginner tips to make it less shit?
Buddy is getting dangerously furry and this is for him so........
>>
Get better friends
>>
File: UntitledFUrshit.png (2MB, 953x1119px) Image search: [Google]
UntitledFUrshit.png
2MB, 953x1119px
>>540481
WOOPS wrong image
>>
>>540482
this
>>
>>540481

Separate the ears? They're like, connected together and not sticking out at all. Also fix the holes in the shoulders, wrists etc.
>>
>>540483

What the heck is that software?
>>
>>540818
Tabletop Simulator.

It's a game.
Well, not exactly.

More of a sandbox, but it allows you to play board games and card games and a bunch of other shit, online with friends.
It's pretty fun sometimes.
>>
>>540819

What's it like to work with. Can you make hack and slash RPGs with it?
>>
>>540832
no.
It's just mainly a board game simulator. But everything has physics so you can move the pieces, instead of built in coding and stuff.
you just play the game as you would in real life.
>>
>>540833

So it would require everyone playing to have the software. You can't export a stand alone for your game?
>>
>>540835
yeah.
Dont think of it as software though.
It's a video game, you buy it on steam and play with your friends. Its got workshop integration so people can mod in different board games.
>>
>>540835
Maybe this will explain it better than I can.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/
>>
>op here

d&d group fell apart any tips for a guy who enjoyed making this "thing" want to get deeper into it but i really don't get texturing.
>>
>>541390
it probably fell apart because they were fucking furries.
>>
File: Butt Chess.jpg (84KB, 750x548px) Image search: [Google]
Butt Chess.jpg
84KB, 750x548px
Well if for nothing else this thread has been useful for introducing me to table top simulator which should let me game with my friends when I'm on the road.

The tutorials for it seem horribly outdated. It shows you need to have all your content online which it doesn't seem to be the case any longer you can have the content local.

Doesn't seem that users can create animated content at this time which is a bummer. It'll only import OBJ and not FBX so no rigging. There doesn't seem to be a transparency map channel either. All textures have to be on a single image too so you can't have multiple materials and UVs.

What the hell is the scale it imports the models as? Everything I import is freaking huge and even at the smallest scale is too big to be useful so it's clearly not 1unit = 1cm.
>>
>>541559

Okay. I think I got it figured out. Exporting at 1.15% seems to keep the figures in scale with the RPG miniatures. Pretty neat program.
>>
File: tabletop materials.jpg (93KB, 934x474px) Image search: [Google]
tabletop materials.jpg
93KB, 934x474px
Okay, figured out how to get the models to take the colour change. It only applies the colour setting to whatever the first material zone is on your model. So just stick to two material zones, one named 000 and the other 001 and you can make it so the pedestal of your model can have the colour changed, (or the figure if that's what you want to change).
>>
bump for op because i want to see his progress
>>
How the hell do you do transparencies in TTS when it doesn't offer a transparency map and wants you to use jpegs?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.