[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

#AskZBrush

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: askzbrush.jpg (699KB, 2094x1674px) Image search: [Google]
askzbrush.jpg
699KB, 2094x1674px
Is there a way to preserve the changes in topology you made at subdivision 1 to be in the exact same location at the highest subdivision level? I figured a workaround where you could turn off the smooth modifier, but it causes sharp edges around the areas that were affected. This causes a lot of cleanup work that has to be done.

In the picture, I did an extreme example where I only moved one vertex. Usually what I do is more subtle, where I move a lot of vertices to fix the topological flow or subtle changes to silhouette etc. I just want the vertices I move at the lowest subdivision to be in the exact same location at the highest subdivision without any artifacts.
>>
>>539749
dont think so
you could fuck around with morph targets and layers but it would get too complicated
>>
>>539751
Yeah that sucks. I'll try some test with morph targets and layers.
>>
>>539754
i would try storing details as a layer
i would do this by stroring a morph map
going to lowest sub level you want to modify
deketaing all sub levels above it, then subdividing without smooth back to the level you stored morph map at
now add layer, switch morph map with recording on, use any brush on the model for the layer to record a brush stroke, and turn it off

now you go back down to lowest sub level
modify
go back up without sooth

now you have this blocky mesh with your change but divded a lot
now turn on layer
now use morph brush to recover every part outside of the model outside teh one you modified
or just mask that part an use blend maps

all this is theoretical, dunno if it will work, just try it u guess i did stuff this way but usually tiny changes dunno what it will produce form lowest sub level
>>
>>539757
Wow. I'll test this out and report back.
>>
>>539757
No luck. Results ended up being the same. I think you are onto something though. Been trying different things.
>>
>>539766
shame
i for one just ignore the fact it smooths out details
i ether exaggerate my changes, or fix it at higher sub level

also another thing you cna try is storing the changed lowest sub level mesh as morph map
going up
then going back down, applying the stored morph map again, going up, going down again, and after lik 3 times it would apply mostly
>>
>>539768
Interesting. This method kind of works, although it's not 100% accurate and it introduces it's own problems. Sigh, I'll probably have to stick with smoothing.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.