[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HARD SURFACE CHALLENGE 4#

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Solare Cortina Magic Hi.jpg (129KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Solare Cortina Magic Hi.jpg
129KB, 1200x1200px
Solare Cortina Magic Hi - Baby Stroller

>HEHE GIVE US SUM REAL CHALLENGES
we been through this already. if you want to model wristwatches,cameras and dinosaurs you would weep in the opposite direction, so lets get this thing going.

bonus points for

>high poly model
>textured model
>good render

you have until sunday best of luck
>>
BUT IT NOT GUN
MUST MODEL GUNZ
MUH FUTURE IN VIDYA
>>
>>539478
>Challenges /3/ to build an RPG
>Get only a few submissions, a lot of people complying about "UH TOO EZ GIMM RAEL SHALLENJ!!!!!!! 90 PERSEMT CYLIMDERS"
>Make real challenge
>0 submissions 2days left
I feel you bro.
>>
>>539628
He got one submission, if I remember correctly. Now the other argument instead of to simplistic, who would want to make a realistic baby stroller?
>>
>>539628

people complain things are easy or boring yet they are not up for scratch.
the guy that everyone calls him autistic actually made the best model in the cleaner challenge.
now
if a model is easy then texture and render it, there are tons of way to improve a model
>>
>>539632
easy =/= time. Just some food for thought.
>>
>>539628
The majority of the 100 people that post on /3/ are actually terrible at modeling.

It's not really surprising.
>>
>>539640
He went from a genre the demographic on /3/ could possibly enjoy but was to boring to model, to something that was boring in subject that and takes some skill to complete. It is obvious why he's not getting any submissions, and it's for both those reasons.

But /3/ is pretty mediocre at modelling.
>>
>>539628
Im pretty sure its because no one gives a fuck
>>
File: stroller.jpg (39KB, 419x200px) Image search: [Google]
stroller.jpg
39KB, 419x200px
How would you guys go about modeling these details without spending 20min or more?

I feel like modeling something like this is pretty fucking annoying to do in maya. But, if i was to use a 3D cad program like solidworks this wouldn't really be a big challenge because solidworks makes curves and nurbs easy to use while maya lacks in precision tools that are easy to use.

In solidworks i could just make each part relate to the others and easily get the precision and shapes down while in maya, if i would do poly modeling i would spend most of the time probably fixing the shitty topology that ruins the smoothness of the shapes.
>>
>>539654
don't model very small detail, left side you can do with sub-d

>>539642
OP here. this is why we model different things every time. i don't know what model do you perceive to be not boring but i do know that if you don't practice different objects then you most likely won't be capable of modeling most shapes
>>
>>539660
Thing is you will have to imply those details anyways with normals, which will be a pain to paint aswell since you want the curves to follow the shape of the model.

If i would use solidworks i could easily just draw those shapes and make them concentric to the curve of the model and then extrude them out. but in maya, i'm not sure i could do it cleanly.

Will probably have to try it out even though i am lazy as fuck.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.