[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /3/, 3DCG beginner here. I'm trying to get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Maya_Stuck.png (13KB, 546x387px) Image search: [Google]
Maya_Stuck.png
13KB, 546x387px
Hello /3/, 3DCG beginner here.

I'm trying to get into Maya after a few months into ZBrush. I've torrented Maya LT 2016 but it ran like crap. Started, and it took around 15 seconds to be interactable (max/minimizing window, clicking buttons), etc. And when it does get responsive, a click on anything takes another minute to yield any results. Also, double-clicking on the polygon button opens up the window for settings, but clicking create does nothing and it gets stuck like that until I ended the program through Task Manager. Any idea why this happens? Does anyone in /3/ have a suggestion on what I should do? Perhaps a better torrent that works?

Here are my specs:

Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.60GHz
8GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GTX960M

And the torrent used is: https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/11760603/Autodesk_Maya_LT_2016_[64-Bit]-[FirstUploads]

>inb4 torrenting
>inb4 learning 3D on a laptop
>inb4 get better hardware

I'm still learning, please don't deny me. Thanks a lot, /3/.
>>
>>539221
Don't bother with any Autodesk LT products.
>>
>>539226
What should I torrent, then? For the purpose of learning?
>>
>>539231

The actual Maya.

And download it from the actual website of Autodesk. The student version has no limits or watermarks.
>>
>>539232
stop lying to OP. (as funny as it is)

The student version does have watermarks and there is a 4 year limit
>>
>>539231
Torrent the full Maya. No LT or student edition. Get extended if you want.
>>
Get modo
>>
>>539240
Wait, what? Are there any identifying marks with the student version of Inventor?
>>
>>539279
Is modo any better than ZBrush? I aim to learn them all, and Maya just happens to be next in the list.
>>
>>539240

A watermark that you can edit out with any notepad.
>>
>>539292
With questions like that you might as well give up now pal, not gonna make it
>>
>>539240
Stop talking out of your ass.

There are no watermarks. The only difference is a small line of text attached to the file that signifies it was created on a student version.
The 4 year limit is also not enforced in any way. The program will continue to function normally after 4 years.

I understand that this is /3/, and people love to act like they know what they're doing here, but you're just stupid.
>>
>>539303

Right, so I should go for the Student version. I can just put any baloney enroll/graduate date, right?

Thanks a bunch, anon.
>>
>>539322
Yea, they won't check
>>
>>539351
This. They WANT you to learn their software, trust me. As long as you're not professional and/or making significant money.
>>
>>539355
I was always curious how they would know if someone used their student software professionally, especially since they don't check.
>>
Hey guys, OP here. Finally finished downloading Maya from the Student section, but I still have the same problems? Any ideas? Thanks.
>>
>>539486
Is your computer a toaster?
>>
>>539486
So the original uncracked Autodesk Student version of Maya is still crawling like a snail and gets stuck?
I have an old Lenovo Laptop with an I5 2.6GHz and 4Gig Ram and Maya 2016 runs fine.
Your hardware shouldn't be a problem.
Maya should run without problems.

There is something wrong with your system...

Do you have a partition with a fresh installed Windows to try?
>>
>>539510
I'm not sure about that... Could it be that I am running Win10? I don't have a partition with a fresh install of Windows, and I don't feel all that good about completely wiping my HDD just to try it. But I DO have a weaker laptop that I've just completely wiped, running Win8. I'm going to try installing the cracked copy on that to see. Could be it's because of the OS, I dunno. Anyways, thanks again.

Also, I'm downloading the 2017 version of Maya into this laptop to see if there's any difference.

>>539508
As stated in >>539221, not really that great but not a toaster either, thank you for asking.
>>
>>539510
>>539515

Anon, I installed the cracked copy on the laptop running Win8 and it ran nicely. It's probably the OS; Win10 has a reputation of shitting itself when it comes to programs from days past.

Question is, how do I fix my problem on the computer running Win10?
>>
>>539515
Yea, it's definitely not your PC. Should run fine on that. Are all the drivers installed and up to date?
>>
>>539527
All drivers, especially the GPU's are updated.
>>
>>539528
Try Maya 2016 or 2015.
>>
>>539568
>>539527

I got it, anon. Turns out it's conflicting with one of the audio drivers in this laptop; I had to turn it off before launching Maya. Man, I couldn't fathom why it would affect Maya, but at least for now it's solved. Running Maya 2016, btw.

Thanks for all the help, anon. Appreciate it.
>>
>>539570
That's strange as fuck, but that's Autodesk for you. Glad you figured it out, have fun!
>>
>>539570
Can you give us the name of that audio driver?
>>
>>539595
Nahimic

Not even an audio driver, something like an enhancer
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.