[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any tips for my topology? It's a game character, I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: topology.png (208KB, 1210x952px) Image search: [Google]
topology.png
208KB, 1210x952px
Any tips for my topology? It's a game character, I want to try to keep the polycount near 1k.
>>
Looks pretty okay but blocky hands probably won't ever look good
>>
>>538842
you need another joint for the hands to bend a bit more, also clean up the leg/ ankle angle. Looks like he fell off his skate bored. Lastly, head proportions off. It looks a little small. goodluck
>>
>>538842
>>538852
Also is it rigged yet? because you might have weird deformations in the butt without another edge loop around the waist. just a thought
>>
You can probably reduce the torso to even fewer polys without actually losing anything important.

Those triangles on the hands don't seem to add anything. You might be able to make the hands look better with a better thumb and the ability to bend along the finger joints even if the fingers are all a simple box. Having just the index finger separate is also an option.
>>
>>538842
mAKE THE HEAD BIGGER? THAT WOULD BE MORE REALISTIC LOL
>>
File: NewTopology.png (343KB, 964x646px) Image search: [Google]
NewTopology.png
343KB, 964x646px
Thanks for all the feedback guys!
This is another iteration I did in the body. I've also decided to go for a more stylized/cartoony proportions, inspired by torchlight.

Am I going in the right direction?
>>
>>539277

You probably want to modify the feet so that the toe can bend up, otherwise you walk animations are going to look shit.

The armpits look difficult to animate too.
>>
>>539277
The wrists and armpits are probably going to deform like shit, unless you really fuck around with the weighting.

The proportions feel weird, but I get the stylized look you're going for, so I think it's okay.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.