[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /3/. rate my character mesh.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1476786547582.jpg (18KB, 1211x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476786547582.jpg
18KB, 1211x540px
Hey /3/. rate my character mesh.
>>
Looks pretty good, but imo the legs are too big / chunky
>>
Is this an overgrowth skin?
>>
Your sculpt is great so far. I'll be honest, it looks like you're still refining the legs right now, they don't look as polished as the torso, head, and arms.

As for the design, I'd go for something more creature-like for the arms. The human arms don't match the creature's legs. I'd sculpt some claws or spikes on them. Or even if you don't want to redo the sculpt, I'd recommend doing some texture work to make the arms look reptilian.
>>
surprisingly good for this board / 10
clean, readable, no obvious shit topo, well proportioned, assuming the character jumps a loot or runs quickly.
Looks promising OP.
>>
Your character is shit and you should feel bad
>>
baphomet/10
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477511710856.jpg (121KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477511710856.jpg
121KB, 1200x1600px
OP here.

So I've made progress, including various changes to his overall topology and am in the middle of texturing him. the legs still look a bit like wet dirty clay and I'm running into issues regarding coloration for the skin as a whole. I want the albedo to flow evenly with the normal map but I can't seem to figure out how.

anyway /3/ r8 my shit or give advice.
>>
>>539465
Nice chastity belt.
>>
>>539465
Topo looks good for 20k tris. Face, arms, and hands also good.
Neck looks too skinny/ non-existent delts. Those are woman hips and legs. Feet are just fucked. Look at references.
>>
>>539465
You ruined it. Looks like a starving African satyr. Everything about those legs is wrong. Looks like he's wearing incontinence pants. Dunno what kind of material that shirt is supped to be made from.
The bottom of the skull should be a cavity, not a form fitting helmet (you're gonna need to partially model his head.)
>>
>>539465
his skin makes him look like a black tribal man having a skull as a mask and outfit pants.

Also, reminder that skulls and bones are never white, more of a yellowish/brown. So try fixing the colour of his toeclaws/hooves.
>>
>>538616
weak almost no n existent anatomy of the legs
lack of volume in torso and back
thin neck
lack of blend from neck to skull
hoves lack any definition at all, impossible to tell where they start or end
>>539465
clashing colors
lack of mid range detail
no reason to have the clothing and body be the same mesh
where are eyes?

Anyway, you sculpting a poly modeled mesh, or was this basic retopo?
>>
>>539519
Sun bleached bones certainly are white.
>>
File: sun bleached skull.jpg (103KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sun bleached skull.jpg
103KB, 800x600px
>>539576
most bones and skulls you see today are bleached with hydrogen peroxide to give them that perfect white color. although the sun does bleach bones, more likely they will look like pic related
>>
>>539594
>>539576
>>539519
its not a matter of the correct color of real bones but rather how jarring the colors are
good balance of colors and one focus point, the head, rather than his diaper and the head is more important that the correct shading of the skull itself

but yeah, yellowish bones look better
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.