[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is blender the current;y best free sculpting app? im using it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: wontletmepostwithoutapic.jpg (231KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
wontletmepostwithoutapic.jpg
231KB, 1366x768px
is blender the current;y best free sculpting app? im using it as a stress ball everyday and i like it.

also

when do you stop with symmetry?
>>
File: 1276379602481.jpg (166KB, 1200x838px) Image search: [Google]
1276379602481.jpg
166KB, 1200x838px
>app
>>
>>538014
application
software,
[spoiler]grandpa[/spoiler]
>>
>>538015
The reddit is strong in this one.
>>
>>538014
Stefan's in the Win10 generation, we can't really blame him for Microsoft's decision to simplify vernacular.
>>
>>538015
That's what it's called lmao, you look like a retard calling it an "app".
>>
>>538013
>is blender the current;y best free sculpting app? im using it as a stress ball everyday and i like it.

For pure sculpting for the joy of it, I think sculptris is better.
>>
>>538014
Just click on the start menu app, bruh
>>
>>538014
>>538023
>The first recorded use of the term [killer app] in print was 1987, in PC Week 8 Sept. 107/2. "Everybody has only one killer application. The secretary has a word processor. The manager has a spreadsheet."[10]
>>
>>538068
That says killer application. Not killer "app".
>>
blender is a solid choice but the mats are terrible

mats and shading is very important when sculpting
>>
>>538082
if you mean matcaps you can use any matcap / litsphere image in blender from a material by setting the mapping to normal

you'd think you should be able to just add some images to the matcap list but i haven't found a way that isn't just making a material
>>
>>538013
i sincerely dont understand blenderfags. it looks like they are 15yr old wanna-be call of duty art directors. by the time they are 17 they are smoking weed and doing nothing with their lives until they die
>>
File: Ashton-Tate_wordprocessor_1985.png (437KB, 489x385px) Image search: [Google]
Ashton-Tate_wordprocessor_1985.png
437KB, 489x385px
>>538076
The wiki article is for "killer app". People have been shortening "application" to "app" since the late 80s to early 90s.
>>
>>538140
aight still looks dumb as shit though, probably due to it being the official term for macintosh programs while windows called them programs until win10 or so

it's been associated with a dumbed down computer experience for decades and now it's bled over into windows

also 90s was 20 years ago, i hate thinking about it myself
>>
>>538140
Just no. That's abbreviated there because there wasn't enough room to write the entire word. "Apps" is an iphone meme word because they know their userbase is so inept that can't even say full words without being confused.

Blender is falls under the software genre of '3D modelling software' or '3D modelling program'. It is not a "free sculpting app" you reddit chucklefuck. Freaking millennial I hope your stupid phone makes you sterile for the good of all humanity, you filth.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (77KB, 1605x873px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
77KB, 1605x873px
>>538140
Here is a google trend graph for the usage of the word App over time. Die.
>>
File: IMG_0725.jpg (47KB, 188x266px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0725.jpg
47KB, 188x266px
>>538153
Released 2004

http://tron.wikia.com/wiki/TRON_2.0:_Killer_App_(Xbox)?file=Tron_2_0_-_Killer_App_XBOX.jpg
>>
>>538153

The term predates google.

>>538152
From oxfordenglishdictionary's blog on the subject:

"The history of the word ‘app’

But, unlike smartphones and tablets, app isn’t new. According to the OED‘s historical entry for the word, app as a shortening of application (as in application program) first found its way into print in the 1980s. Back then it was mainly a colloquial term used in computing circles: the OED‘s early quotations for it come from such computing trade publications as Info World and Dr. Dobb’s Journal. It often appeared not by itself but as part of the phrase killer app, meaning a software application which makes a new computing platform desirable or necessary. "

While I do have a library card, I'm too lazy to log into OED's webzone to find the specific examples that use "app" and / or "killer app", but the Wikipedia article for "killer app" says the same thing.

>>538013
If you really want to get the most out of Blender sculpting, I'd recommend:

- the QuickPrefs add-on (it's like a matcap but less memory intensive; leverages Blender's viewport settings)

- SpeedSculpt, lets you bool and do other stuff Blender has always been capable of but has hidden behind shit UI
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?405035-Addon-SpeedSculpt

and for SpeedRetopo for Retopo, which basically merges the functionality of a bunch of AddOns into an easier to use UI
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?406224-Addon-SpeedRetopo
>>
>>538252
can you find a "free" version of speed sculpt and retopo?
>>
>>538152
>"Apps" is an iphone meme word because they know their userbase is so inept that can't even say full words without being confused.

wholeheartedly agree
>>
>>538318

Speedsculpt is like 9 bucks. retopo is a pay what you want. Just give him a buck.
>>
File: 1468863082474.jpg (90KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468863082474.jpg
90KB, 500x500px
>>538014
>apps

Honestly, I preferred it when us Windows users used to call them 'progs'. 'apps' were used for referring to Apple software. Or am i just remembering wrong?
>>
>>538091
You get much slower performance doing that compared to using the built in matcaps.
>>
>>538607
It's the way I also remember things so, barring some Mandela effect, I'm pretty sure you're right.
>>
>>538318
it kinda defeats the purpose of a "free" sculpting APP if you need to pay in order to make it usable.
>>
>>538607
>progs

Pretty sure that was the 1337 term for warez and script kiddie shit
>>
>>538607
yes. i am on the same timeline as you. Only crapplemac software for SHITEphone was called apps.
>>
>>538700
was is the key word famalam
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.