[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Back light function

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: backlight.jpg (2MB, 3000x1998px) Image search: [Google]
backlight.jpg
2MB, 3000x1998px
I don't understand really well about this Back light concept,from the 3 points light. I mean its supose to "cut" the person from the image, but in my vision the back light its just a light behind the character, i do not see the difference with or without the back light...

can you guys help me or give me tips about this light, and how does this work??
>>
the light in the back is to be offset a little so it shows up on the rim of the subject, rather than directly behind

the light on the rim adds an outline to the contour

guy i knew from /p/ uses it a lot in his nude photography https://www.instagram.com/michaelrodriguezphoto/

that link is nsfw btw
>>
>>537114
This. Or, if the light is directly behind the subject, it can give a kick of light to the hair.
>>
File: 008.jpg (15KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
15KB, 600x402px
>>537113
It's kinda silly imo too and I was never a huge fan of it but just think of it the way it's called as "rim lighting". You set up your light sources so that the falloff illuminates the edges of your object/subject. It's supposed to give more definition, making it easier to focus on.

Not sure who out there is having so much trouble focusing of what is dead-on front and center but whatever.
>>
>>537136

If that rim wasn't there the shirt would blend with the background
>>
File: drinkingcoffeeat1am.jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
drinkingcoffeeat1am.jpg
37KB, 600x400px
>>537113
>i do not see the difference with or without the back light

>>537136
>It's kinda silly imo
>>
>>537275
In a fully lit scene, yes is silly to get so anal about it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.