[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate them, so, much.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (18KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 500x374px
Hey, am I the only one pissed off by the fact that companies like Disney have exclusive software that I will never be able to use unless I work for them and make boring Disney-drivel unoriginal content that's trash?

They have the right to keep their toys to themselves, but that doesn't mean I have the right to be jealous.
>>
>>536783

God, every time someone tells me that being jealous of them is wrong ... It triggers me so much
>>
File: 1469658749567.jpg (125KB, 1022x347px) Image search: [Google]
1469658749567.jpg
125KB, 1022x347px
>>
>>536783
https://www.disneyanimation.com/technology/opensource
>>
Doesn't really prevent you from being a good animator, character artists or a FX guy. The software Disney uses just makes the 1% of the 99%.
>>
>>536789

True, but a lot of it is neat
>>
>>536787

Liked me to this? And? That's not the software in taking about.

Most of the really good stuff is on lockdown.
>>
>>536796
Sure a lot of it is neat. Lots of it is probably amazing and super cool and fun to use. But you can achieve the same results with the industry standards.
>>
>>536784
But in your original post you said yourself that you were wrong.

Why should a company that invests large amounts of money to develop technology be forced to immediately share with the competition? That would remove a lot of incentive to develop more powerful technology and slow progress for everyone as a whole.
>>
>>536881
>That would remove a lot of incentive to develop more powerful technology and slow progress for everyone as a whole.
Not necessarily, we'll always want more powerful tools regardless of who gets what. If the strongest programs are open-source those with the knowledge to do so can improve upon it for everyone. Things don't have to be a competition to improve.

Plus you can still sell a product and offer the source publicly. Various Linux distributions and several art programs, such as Aseprite, are open-source yet still have a price tag. What people pay for is to get the program compiled and tech support. Inevitably this will result in less sales (aside from the big studios that need tech support since it isn't just one guy fucking around that has the knowledge of how to compile the program, so in effect it's about the same as 3DS Max being free to individuals under a Student license) so it's not good if a company is looking to monetarily succeed under capitalism, but it is good for advancing the technology as a whole.

People like to make things, this is no different.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.