[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blender to UE4 animations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: thing.png (34KB, 762x258px) Image search: [Google]
thing.png
34KB, 762x258px
Sup guys, need some help here.

I'm new to making games, and right now I'm trying to create animations in the Blender Action Editor that I can import into Unreal Engine 4.

I've searched around a lot on google, but I can't seem to find a tutorial on how to animate different parts of the body seperately, and then add them together in UE4. For example, a guy can either have his hands by his side, or hold a gun. But you don't want to create a walking animation for both the arms hanging down and holding the gun, you want to create an animations of the legs moving, and then stitch together the animations you need with a blueprint. If anyone could guide me through this I would be grateful.

Also, making each animation a file and exporting it to UE4 also seems to be a bit of a problem, I can't find anything about turning animations into their own files. If anyone know anything about this I would be even more grateful.

Advice, links, anything helps.
>>
search "animation blending"
>>
>>536079
>Also, making each animation a file and exporting it to UE4 also seems to be a bit of a problem, I can't find anything about turning animations into their own files. If anyone know anything about this I would be even more grateful.
Been awhile since I tried importing animations into UE4 from Blender but I remember having to make them into Actions in the NLA editor (so I could give them proper names like walk, jump etc).

Change the FBX export to animations and you'll see the NLA option. I quick look and tooltip say it'll export "All non-muted NLA strips". So if you want to export 1 animation out of several I guess you mute all except that one and run FBX export.
>>
>>536155
Yeah, I found out how to export everything, but not single animations. Seems like other people have trouble with that too, but I'll try with the muting.

>>536082
Weirdly enough, I can't seem to find anything in depth on this subject, neither in blender or UE4. I think I'll have to watch a video series where they create an entire character to get to that point. Google doesn't give any answer, not anything that I've found at least.
>>
Seeing that this thread is still alive somehow, I thought I might show people what I've found after a long search myself.

Here is a video about animation blending in UE4, remember that it has nothing to do with blender, there are ways there as well, but that doesn't really matter to me since I found this.

Just watch the video, and keep watching the playlist, and you will eventually know everything about mixing animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfKdr0FRC5g&index=7&list=PLZlv_N0_O1gZS5HylO_368myr-Kg2ZLwb

Also, found nothing with individual animation export, so you have to export the entire file at once, with all animations that you have pushed down into the NLA editor. If you want to export a new animation, you can either export the entire thing again and delete whatever is duplicated, or delete everything in UE4 first, and then export a new version. As far as I know, of course.
>>
>>537834
Thanks for the resource bb.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.