[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do people make a living from just turbosquid? I talked to guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 48[1].jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
48[1].jpg
25KB, 400x400px
do people make a living from just turbosquid?

I talked to guy once that said he makes about 5,000$ a month from passive income because he has like 500 models on there...

would it be a smart idea to just start uploading models there every other day and build up a portfolio or is it not worth it?

or is turbosquid just a meme?
>>
>>533731
I mean if you make shitty models like that Charmander guy, don't expect much.

Otherwise you should make decent profit with your plan (if you're good).
>>
>>533731
Can you make impressive characters, or at least good ones? Or what about realistic arch vis models?

If so, do it. If not, I heard uv unwrapping low poly toon props as a generalist can be okay money.
>>
>>533763
good money for unwrapping uv's? what the fuck that is monkey work
>>
>>533808
>what the fuck that is monkey work

Yeah, but very time-consuming monkey work.
>>
>>533808
Anon, when did I say good money? It was a sarcastic quip referencing many 3d artists who live a life of working on mobile apps and crappy unoriginal games. You will make okay money, but unless you're working at a successful studio, you won't be making great money.
>>
you wont earn shit, Its way too much time consuming for veing profitable. If you got 1500+ models on that page 30% are never going to sell, and 100-500 are going to make your living of 2,500$ for a 16h / day job
>>
>>534042
why the fucck do I get an email from turbosquid after posting this, I never got an email
>>
>>534040
>>533763
what is >okay money
>>
>>534058
>good money for unwrapping uv's?
>good money for unwrapping
>good money for
>good money
>good

Stop. Never was it mentioned it was good money, and only you specifically brought that aspect up ever. Stop trying to salvage your idiocy in mistyping and get on with your life.
>>
>>533731
honestly, you can argue that amount of money isn't worth the amount of time he's putting in on the work he's selling..

but, if he isn't doing anything else, why would he not do it? the same can be said for anyone else. besides, it may be helpful for building your portfolio and getting a good job.

if you're a neet it definitely won't hurt
>>
>>534075
i think you might be as retarded as the anon you are trying to call out. I asked you what ok money was, which is what was in BOTH of the posts I just quoted.
>>
>>534091
Consider that you need to phrase your replies better than. Am I retarded for you not putting a ? at the end of your reply and for you not stating you are a different anon? The fact that you replied as little as possible to not indicate that you're a new anon or the fact that since Poes Law is in effect on the internet it is difficult to tell sarcasm from truthful genuine questions makes it difficult to tell if you are first a different anon and second being honest.

The fact that you put >okay money with no ? at the end and a 'what is' makes it seem as though you're being sarcastic and referencing a previous post. Ask it in the correct manner and I'll gladly let you know what is

>okay money
>>
>>534098
even if I was the same person, the proper response would be the exact same. Rather than actually answer the obviously understandable question, you chose to be a autismo faggot about semantics. The first poster was obviously asking you to elaborate on the amount of money made, same as me.

There is no need to be such a defensive cunt on the internet. In the end, all you are doing is wasting time by constantly deflecting the obvious question you know you were asked.
>>
>>533731
Yeah and no, its normally companies who go on and spend stupid money, you might be able to get away with some normal props but i think the UNREAL market might be better there
>>
Does anyone here use Maya LT for creating assets to sell on TS and sites like it?
>>
>>534236
Unreal's market is horribly overpriced, the only time I've known someone to use it is when a couple of my friends bought unreal engine 4 when it first came out and once they made it free they 'gave' the money back in unreal vouchers
>>
I think the most successful guy on turbo makes around $50,000. Turboshit takes 40% off your sale. You can make a bit of cash by selling your old models, other than that, don't waste your time.
>>
>>533731
I make like 10$/ week with 12 models that took me 30 mins each. It's profitable if you do it right. But you better understand the demand for things.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.