[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Awesome new tools by the Quixel team :o https://www.youtube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: megascans_sect.jpg (31KB, 640x120px) Image search: [Google]
megascans_sect.jpg
31KB, 640x120px
Awesome new tools by the Quixel team :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnSekpFSLnU&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>533530
this is fucking awesome !!!
I'm new in 3d and I liked quixel very very much, are other texturing softwares equally good?
>>
>>533531
Quixel / Allegorithimic Subtance / Photoshop > all
>>
>>533530
Is megascans the way of the future?
>>
YEARS of waiting. so much joy
>>
File: 1424359472291.jpg (63KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1424359472291.jpg
63KB, 500x495px
>>533538
>Tfw when no money to buy
>>
Wow. Megascans is to 3d as half life 3 is to video games. Can't believe it actually got released
>>
There is a couple of tutorial already, this is really impressive !
Quixel Qtudio :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNLOBO1hrpo

Quixel Bridge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2fT654ajZg

quixel and unreal engine 4 demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2fT654ajZg
>>
>>533548
There are* a couple
>>
Subscription D:< REEEEE
>>
>>533530
it seems like environment artists will need to know how to make their own megascan things for their own environments if they want a job in the future
>>
>>533530

This doesn't seem to be as artistic as ddo or substance painter. Best not to rely on these things too much.
>>
>>533558
Aren't those just for textures?
>>
man I'm glad I do hard surface architectural shit, I'd be pretty downhearted if I had spent 5 years learning how to make realistic nature.
>>
>>533558
Megascans is just a resource for photogrammetry objects/materials with some neat other features. Not a method to create content.
>>
>>533530
should i refund rock essentials?
>>
>>533530
is this the same thing as Allegorithmic's substances?
>>
>>533661
If you want. But having a larger library is always better.
>>
>>533552
No, that's extremely doubtful. From what I've seen from an Epic Games presentation about 3D scanning for the Kite demo, this kind of thing is going to be handed of to a dedicated team who will then hand off the raw scanned data for to another team for preparation for use for environmental artists.

It's not trivial work.
>>
File: Untitled.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Woooooooow.

It's shit.
>>
File: sss.png (590KB, 795x458px) Image search: [Google]
sss.png
590KB, 795x458px
>>533539
cgp will have it soon
>>
Anyone got a crack for Quixel Suite 2?
>>
>>533729
maybe someone sticked a leaf into the branch :^)
>>
>>533539
> paying money
r u le srs
>>
YOu can create decent Renders for your portfolio with this, but thats it.
>unusable for games
>unusable for home pc animation
>It is not much work so it will not be appreciated

conclusion:
do your own modeling , There are much cheaper packs which you can use for some things in the background of your actual render.
>>
>>535786
>unusable for games
>unusable for home pc animation
>It is not much work so it will not be appreciated

If you don't know what you're talking about, you don't have to post anything.
>>
>>535788
It is literally unusable for games. It'll become noticeable really quick that multiple games rely on the same texture and object pool, "thousands" of assets is a laughably small number to even consider it viable for game use.
>>
>>533730
they already do
https://www.cgpeers.com/torrents.php?id=48805&torrentid=48749#torrent48749
>>
>>535792
>"thousands" of assets is a laughably small number to even consider it viable for game use.
Really ? How many rock assets do you think a game use for their environment? Or how many tiled natural ground textures? Since you think thousands of assets are not enough.
>>
>>535793
>106MB
-__-
>>
>>535795
it looks pretty legit, 51% here
when it's done i'll update
>>
>>535794
So you think a game dev will use 5 rocks and 10 ground textures from Megascans and provide the rest with traditional tools? You really think that'd fit together?
A game isn't made of rocks and branches lying on the ground, as a content provider you'll need more than thousands of assets because devs will cherrypick their favourites, and then thousands of assets become 20 usable objects.

Look at textures.com, they have hundreds of thousands of pictures on there and it's still not enough.
>>
>>535796
It's megascans studio though, not their resource archive. I hope they cracked it properly or it won't be worth anything.
>>
>>535798
https://www.cgpeers.com/torrents.php?id=48633
it works, and as you said, comes with nothing. thing is, you either have to purchase materials from quixel's site or get them like link related above.
>>
File: 1341432364441.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1341432364441.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>Tfw missed the CGpeers registration again
>>
File: weinerdance.gif (128KB, 473x235px) Image search: [Google]
weinerdance.gif
128KB, 473x235px
>>535805
>tfw I didn't
>>
>>536162
But how come CGpeers lets you have TWO accounts?
>>
>>535805
>>536162
Why the fuck weren't you two already registered?
>>
>>536212
Why the fuck weren't you registered before the date you registered?
You might have just won the award for most autistic question on /3/ of the year.
>>
>>536223
there are many contenders for this award.
He doesn't count because he asks a legitimate question.
Its 2016, you either can afford to buy your software legally, or you have an CGPeers/CGpersia account.
>>
>>536223
>thinking that's the most autistic question on /3/

Yeah nah. It's a legitimate question pertaining to the mystery of why idiots like you haven't signed up yet. Talk about herp derp.
>>
>>536231
>>536277
Simple, I just registered recently because I just got into 3d recently.
>>
Alright, figured out some things about Quixel Megascans.
Firstly - it's fucking expensive, way more than base software if you really want a decent library, and not depending on one type of leaf, two types of tree bark and a dozen types of wet dirt and mud.
After buying base you'd have to buy each scan pack separately and they're a big cost for little content.

Second - it supports creating your own assets, which could be useful.

Now the way I've "figured out" (because any moron would think of this) is getting a relatively good camera, going to places and taking pictures of different kinds of floor, also saving some leaves and rocks and shit in a container, then using photogrammetry to make them 3D.
After that, import into Megascans and use it as a compositor (seeing it's a damn sight easier to use it for this, even though you're the one getting the sources).
And that's the way to cost-effectively use this crap, assuming you're pirating the base itself, you'd just have to invest in a camera and time to go places.
>>
>>533530
So basically, Quixel for nature stuff, Substance for props, Mari for characters. As long as you have the money.
>>
>>533530
Guys speaking of Quixel, what do you think is the best software to use when doing paint-on textures, styled something like League of Legends or Transistor, or WoW.
Quixel suite runs horribly on my shitty machine and I need an alternative that is easy to use for someone who is more used to painting and doing concept art that texturing, though I am very willing to learn.
>>
>>537737
Quixel always runs horrible.
I would suggest you take a look at 3DCoat.
I heard that Blizzard artists use it.
>>
just got the suite today since it´s currently 40% off
>>
File: pior_bake_layering_zpsc73fcdb8.jpg (64KB, 409x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pior_bake_layering_zpsc73fcdb8.jpg
64KB, 409x1024px
>>537737
if you're interested in texturing lol then check this out http://polycount.com/discussion/126980/piors-workshop

prior goes over in detail how he gets a base texture going with highlighted edges and gets a very nice result from doing so
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.