[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Blandahr >Textour >Cee Yee Ay >trhoudee graphecs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: blenderguru.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
blenderguru.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
>Blandahr
>Textour
>Cee Yee Ay
>trhoudee graphecs

why does he speaks like this?
>>
>>533451
he's different
>>
He's Australian.
>>
There is nothing wrong with Andrew. People only hate him because >Blender.
>>
>>533469
he has like 4 chapters on pbr
only shows how cycles is not updated to be physically correct
>>
>>533481
But that's Cycles. Not him. I don't like cycles as much as the next guy but you can't blame him about it.

I really think Andrew should just move away from Cycles and do Renderman or something. Unless he is getting paid to do these tutorials with cycles.
>>
>>533482
they should make a PBR node for cycles. people are charging 20$ for a custom PBR setup because it would take the average person 10 minutes to hook up.

if PBR is such a popular choice why don't they just implement it natively in cycles
>>
>>533483
>if PBR is such a popular choice why don't they just implement it natively in cycles
That's not how Blender development is done.
>>
shit thread
>>
>>533451
wish he did more modeling tutorials desu
>>
>>533547
whats his channel name?
>>
>>533553
Blender Guru
>>
>>533469
>give me 60 minutes to show you how to do stuff that will take 5 minutes

THIS is wrong with him.
but okay, that's the price you pay for his tutorials, which are pretty good.
the exact opposit is Gleb Alexandrov, who is a squirrel on speed.
i like them booth, but damn...

i have no problem with the slang and accent btw, with english not being your mothers language everything is better than british-english.
>>
File: 1471981444001.jpg (53KB, 1110x690px) Image search: [Google]
1471981444001.jpg
53KB, 1110x690px
>>
>>533566

Gleb Alexandrov "tutorials" are not really tutorials, just general tips.
>>
>>533566
>give me 60 minutes to show you how to do stuff that will take 5 minutes
Because a lot of the stuff he explains it.

>Gleb
I like Gleb but I cannot stand his accent. I got nothing against him though.
>>
>>533566
Honestly I think video tutorials are shit.

I prefer a text tutorial any day. Shit's easy to search and come back to.
And you don't have to fucking play the video at 2x speed just so the person can finish 1 sentence. Even worse if he has a shitty mic, or god forbid, a 13 year old.

Only time I'm interested in videos are mainly for the concept angle. Not so much "do this, do this next".
Gleb tends to be more concept oriented and less hand holdy.

There's just not enough text tutorials of anything in general though.
>>
People hate him because he has a qt gookfu and they don't.

Just try and prove me wrong.
>>
>>533568
The person who wrote this has their entire view of Australians built on crocodile dundee. Maybe 1 per million people sound like that here.

on topic: Who the fuck is this guy?
>>
>>533595
a dirty autralian.
>>
>>533595
The ultimate Cycles shill.
>>
File: 034.jpg (26KB, 282x415px) Image search: [Google]
034.jpg
26KB, 282x415px
>>533636
>open source
>shill
>>
>>533768
Just because it is open source doesn't mean you can't shill it.
>>
>>533595
It's Andrew Price. He's been making Blender tutorials for years, and selling lessons, and recently setup a texture selling website for noobs that don't know about cgtextures and how to nodes

I think he's also developed or produced (as in, collaborated with others) a few add-ons?
>>
>>534052
>and recently setup a texture selling website for noobs that don't know about cgtextures and how to nodes

is there a good tutorial on how to make textures from procedurals? seems like everyone skip that part and its rather important
>>
>>534052
Yeah he did the Pro lighting skies addon.

However you can only use them correctly in Cycles which is really fucking stupid. Also the horizon is in the very center of the hdris. Who makes you either use a backdrop or find some other way to cover the lower half.
>>
>>533483
he has a tutorial on youtube on how to make one
>>533518
shit comment
>>533547
agreed
>>
>>533469

I like him, he might waffle on a bit, but his clips on cameras, colours and composition are really good.

And at least you can understand what his saying, unlike half the noobs on youtube that sound like Indian's in need of a mic upgrade
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.